Klipsch crossovers

Bacek

That might have been made with LTSpice which is a free circuit simulator.  The little matrix of dots are familiar. You don't have to simulate the results of the circuit; just use the schematic generator.

Back in the day, SPICE simulators were FORTRAN based and ran on mainframes.  There was an expensive PC based adaption to run on a PC (PSpice with a post processor) and the circuit was described by lines of code.  Then came expensive add-ons allowing drawing of a schematic which was converted to code.

But Linear Technology cooked up a freeware version with schematics which included their switching power supply devices in the library of devices.  You can use LTSpice for just about any circuit.  It is the darling of ham radio experimenters.

http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/

WMcD

Edited by WMcD

Guys, quick question (I think I know the answers but need reassurance) on Xover.

I understand the K-22 and K-24 are 8 ohm woofers used in the H1 and H2 models. 

I understand that the K-27-K 12"  woofer was 4 ohms and used in the Klipsch by Tangent T-4000 and 5000 models.

I've got some T-4000/5000 xovers which I presume have a 4 ohm woofer circuit.

Question:   Is the above correct?  I've attached a schematic for the T-4000 xovers I have.

I want to use these for a 4 ohm woofer (non Klipsch).  

post-21976-0-80180000-1457391438_thumb.j

I picked up a CF2 crossover for a couple bucks a while back and just now finally got around to measuring the inductors...

It's not marked but I believe this is a later rev because it is a 2 piece crossover in the vein of the CF3 and CF4. Most of the CF2 crossovers I came across before this one were a 1 piece design similar to the CF1 or KLF10.

CF2B metered.pdf

Edited by CANT

I picked up a CF2 crossover for a couple bucks a while back and just now finally got around to measuring the inductors...

It's not marked but I believe this is a later rev because it is a 2 piece crossover in the vein of the CF3 and CF4. Most of the CF2 crossovers I came across before this one were a 1 piece design similar to the CF1 or KLF10.

does the CF2 use a K63K driver as in the CF3/4?

Yes, the CF2 uses the same motor/driver but on a K703 rather than a K603...

The CF1 used a K100K just like the KLF10. The K100K is basically a K703 with Klipsch std 3 bolt tweeter flange (w/ separate phase plug) rather than a 1" thread.

Guys, quick question (I think I know the answers but need reassurance) on Xover.

I understand the K-22 and K-24 are 8 ohm woofers used in the H1 and H2 models. 

I understand that the K-27-K 12"  woofer was 4 ohms and used in the Klipsch by Tangent T-4000 and 5000 models.

I've got some T-4000/5000 xovers which I presume have a 4 ohm woofer circuit.

Question:   Is the above correct?  I've attached a schematic for the T-4000 xovers I have.

I want to use these for a 4 ohm woofer (non Klipsch).  

I'm going to edit this post... I totally misread your question...

Yes, more or less, that crossover is for a 4ohm woofer. 

Edited by CANT