Klipsch crossovers

Bacek

Thanks to longdrive03 a.o. needed this to finalize my St John's...(.heresy based..)

Excellent music for any Klipsch.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjZvwxpH1HM&list=RDrjZvwxpH1HM

and : Mix Edson & Hudson - As Andorinha

Edited by Paul29

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

I am new in this forum and I would like to share some things:

I'm the happy french owner of a pair of RF63 and I have heard that it should be possible to improve the quality of the crossover addind a 9V battery to bias the capacitors in serial with the HF driver, like for JBL speakers for example.

What do you think about this ? Does anyone have already do this and were can I find the shematic of this Xover?

Thanks in advance

Jacques

• 1 month later...

Welcome Rui good luck in your search. I too am looking for a schematic a copy of the CF3 or CF4 schematic, amybody? Best regards Moray James.

I'm also looking for the CF4 crossover schematic version 1, 2 & 3. Were you able to loctate them?

• 3 weeks later...

I know most users know how to calculate an auto-transformer for speaker atteunation based on the voltage/turn ratio and tapping the winding, etc... I thought someone might need to wind his own atteunation auto-trans so I'll explain how to do that.

you need 57EI lamination and a bobbin. about 60 feet AWG#19 wire. this is how you should start:

Tap 0 (-)

|||||||||||| 38 turns ||||||||||||

Tap 1 (-12db)

|||||||||||| 16 turns ||||||||||||

Tap 2 (-9db)

|||||||||||| 22 turns ||||||||||||

Tap 3 (-6db)

|||||||||||| 27 turns ||||||||||||

Tap 4 (-3db)

|||||||||||| 49 turns ||||||||||||

Tap 5 (+)

important:

• all interleaving are connected together. for example end of first 38 turns winding is tap 1 and next level is also connected to tap 1 when you start winding. this mean all taps except + and - are connected to two wires. one which is end of previous interleaving and one which is the starting lead of next interleaving. in other word, after each layer of winding "DO NOT CUT THE WIRE" just take the wire out from the bobbin slot and lap it over and then pass it in the bobbin again and start the new layer!
  • use 0.1mm insultation paper between each layer
  • use shellac or wax
  • fit the EI stacks in cross order. one E from left and one from right, one left one right. when it's done, fill the gaps using "I"s
  • the result is a direct replacement for T2A Klipsch Auto-transformer
Edited by Arash
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm new in this Forum and have not posted anything yet.

I do have a 7.1 HT system with speakers of the Ref series, Center RC 64 II, Front RF 7 II, Surround RB 81 II, Back RS 62 II, Sub SW115.

Speakers are driven by Anthem MRX 700 (backs only) and Anthem P5.

I started to optimize the crossover some time ago, first Center and Front. First thing had been replacing the resistor's with Mills and bypassing the caps with some small Vishay MKP1837, which I had floating around. I did rewire internally as well and soldered the connetion on the speaker chassis and on the binding posts.

I do not have a device to measure the values of the caps, and on some caps you can not read the value. This is the reason, why I had to leave the original caps in place and only added bypass caps.

These first improvements on the center and main front had been very positive, some harshness went away and voices became more natural, as well more realistic spacious room.

Now I wanted to work as well on the surrounds and backs, as these are sometime very harsh and hurting my ears on longer Cinema sessions.

I would like to attach some pictures from the RC64II and the RB82II (someone asked, if the excessive yellowish glue is normal, yes it is), but do not know how to do this ??

Could someone post or send by mail the values of the caps for RF7II, RC64II, RB81II and RS62II, since I would like to replace them all with the same original values.

I do not want to touch the coils, but I beleave the caps will lift the sound to an other level.

Thanks.

Edited by EMW
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...