Dog lovers do not read, you have been warned

rennoc442

I dont know why I feel I must post this here, but I know my love for dogs is shared here.

Yesterday my dog Rocky was killed. He was chasing the neighbors dog and ran out into the street, and was hit. I got a call at 8am yesterday from a sheriff, who hit him. Luckly his sister, was not hurt. I think she was still at the house with the other dogs.

Me and my girlfriend got to see him one last time before we burried him. God this is so hard.

So if you have a loved dog, cat, or anyone, make sure you hold them closer today.

post-42057-138196000562_thumb.jpg

post-42057-1381961849634_thumb.jpg

I always liked dogs but never wanted to get one since we lived in town and didn't have a lot of room for one to play. We inherited my wife's aunt's pekingese a couple years ago when she passed away and he's been a great companion. We didn't plan on keeping him long but after I taught him some tricks I didn't want to give him away!

Very sorry for your loss.

• Moderators

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I love the picture you
posted of him - it reminded me of a dog I had when I was a kid.

I also love
to edit photos, so I took the liberty with yours. I hope you don't
mind. His expression is priceless. He was a beauty.

post-4329-1381960014284_thumb.jpg

post-4329-13819618592692_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry to hear of your loss and I know the feeling of loss all too well. Lost a cat of 16 years just last week, to my own car. From now on the cats will be living indoors quite a bit more, never given free reign overnight, and I'll be more careful driving around them.

Folks, if you have pets and love them, make sure you take plenty of photos of them like this fine one shown here. You just never know.

Michael

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I love the picture you posted of him - it reminded me of a dog I had when I was a kid.

I also love to edit photos, so I took the liberty with yours. I hope you don't mind. His expression is priceless. He was a beauty.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, they mean alot.

Amy, I could send you millions of pics with different expressions!. He was full of expressions! My girlfriend is deaf, and whenever we would talk, Rocky would watch me, then her, then me, then her! lol Whenever we talked to him, (signed actually) you could see what he was thinking just by the expressions on his face! He is and always will be my boy.

post-42057-1381960014547_thumb.jpg

post-42057-13819618595262_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry to hear of another loss of a good friend to someone.

A bond with a animal is sadly misunderstood and undervalued/dismissed by many, but that love is just as strong and in some cases stronger than two humans share.

My thoughts are with you.

So true dollar bill, why do people think that they are just animals? My god, our dogs LIVED with us! Where we went, they went! They were deff well traveled and taken care of dogs! I am at least glad that his sister, is safe and still with us.

Amy, there is few pics of rocky with some expressions! I love the one where he is kissing mom, and he's looking at me like, uh ohh busted! ha!

post-42057-1381960015083_thumb.jpg

post-42057-13819618599912_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I have two dogs and dread to think they will someday pass before me, unless I go before them, which in that case cool.

Just make sure that they have access to the forum and will notify us of your passing.

Top notch [Y]

I am sorry for your loss; He was a georgeous pooch.

Animals are capable of bringing such joy to our lives.......

I lost my cat "Vampire" when I was 19. He had been an indoor cat and after the breakup; she let him start going out.....

Hit and killed 1 week later...... Our current cast of kitties are not allowed out without a harness......

R.I.P. Rocky [A]