Koa Jube Clones even better than expected....

jorjen

Mark,

I was not involved in the decision about what high crossover to use. I would have suggested the high crossover be extreme-slope also. One good reason to go with what he did is because I have not made the ES squawker / tweeter network designs public. The inductor placement is too critical for DIY builders. I think what he used was his only choice.

Al K.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree that a listening impression need to be posted.

I am absolutely amaze on how great these look. I wish the actual commercial Jubilee would look this good. I think even PWK would be proud.

When Roy saw them he told me he would be.

I know I am way behind on a review guys but I have been really, really busy. I will be writing an extensive review soon. One short thing I will say is that they are the most effortless sounding speaker I have ever heard. Everything just kind of flows or spills out of them if that makes sense. And that is with passive filters. I can only imagine how they will sound when I eventually go active 2-way. Holy !@#$!

One short thing I will say is that they are the most effortless sounding speaker I have ever heard. Everything just kind of flows or spills out of them if that makes sense

For those that have heard them that says it all. For those who have not heard them, the depth of that comment might not make much sense.

[Y]

I can hardly wait for you to go active and have to start a thread asking how to get the grit and grain out of your sound. :-)

Now Dean.......you know there is "Plenty of grit and grain" to go around in passive based systems as well.[;)]

mike tn....Active and Grain/Grit Free since 2006[Y][H]

Guest David H

While I was in Sacramento, I made a short road trip to Jorjen's to view and hear the Koa Jubilee's.

First, the Jubs are absolutely amazing, I was under the impression they were built in a shop not a garage. I didn' see a single flaw.

Audibly the Jubs are amazing as well, I spent about an hour listening to Diana Krall on vinyl rotating on a VPI Scoutmaster paired with a Dynavector cart.

During the entire album, I heard a single audible pop on side B which was my only reminder the source was analog, I guess the incredible detail and sound stage should have been my first indicator, but I was still drewling at the Koa beauties.

Will add more later, its time to go to work.

Dave

While I was in Sacramento, I made a short road trip to Jorjen's to view and hear the Koa Jubilee's.

First, the Jubs are absolutely amazing, I was under the impression they were built in a shop not a garage. I didn' see a single flaw.

Audibly the Jubs are amazing as well, I spent about an hour listening to Diana Krall on vinyl rotating on a VPI Scoutmaster paired with a Dynavector cart.

During the entire album, I heard a single audible pop on side B which was my only reminder the source was analog, I guess the incredible detail and sound stage should have been my first indicator, but I was still drewling at the Koa beauties.

Will add more later, its time to go to work.

Dave

Glad you made it by on Saturday Dave. Enjoyed our conversation quite a bit. Four and a half hours flew by did'nt it? Glad you liked the Jubes too! They are pretty impressive if I do say so myself. [;)]

Guest David H

pretty impressive if I do say so myself.

Understatement of the year. Very impressive.

Yes, the 4+ hours went by far to quickly, I had a great time. Thanks for the invite.

Dave