Zerostat guns....worth it?

runninshine

I just use the carbon fiber brush now and it seems to work fine.

I've too wondered if the Zerostat guns are worth $100?

The carbon fiber brush is worth every penny of the $12 I paid for it.

I see it is now up to $13.95, but still a bargin and the two different bristles sizes works really nice.

DC-305.jpg

Here's the Link ------> CLICK HERE

Dennie

I still have one that was bought back in the day. It has worked well for me since the early 80's

It's dual purpose. Use it for static on the vinyl , and on the wife when she doesn't do right, LOL.

That's funny!

Honey.........come here for a second............ZAPP! Now get me a beer!

Hey, that's not a beer. What are you doing with the Frying Pan?

draft_lens11356111module133837181photo_1

Dennie [:$]

I got mine used, so $100 sounds expensive, but they seem to last a long time, keep dust from sticking to records, stop Styrofoam from sticking to everything. A useful accessory. I use it before and after spinning every disc, and it really cuts down on dust buildup.

Bought one many years ago and then sold when I got rid of my analog. Re-bought analog, re-bought ZeroStat. The price is way more now, like everything else. After a real good scrubbing to remove mold, mildew and gunk the 'stat will surely remove the static electricity so the dust can be brushed off. Thry it on a CRT TV, computer monitor, har or balloon.

I used to demo a Zerostat by polishing the dustcover on a turntable until the tonearm slammed up and stuck to the dustcover!

Aim the Zerostat away from the area and slowly squeeze (if it clicks you are squeezing too fast), now point it back at the turntable and slowly release.

The tonearm will drop like a rock (make sure the cuing is up!).

I bought my first ZS over 35 years ago (really?!) and used it per the instructions with every record for the next 20+ years. It performed well - its abilities were especially noticeable on dry winter days. Of course, back then it only cost $20 and it was still working when I replaced it a few years back when I saw one on sale for $45. The price has jumped significantly since then but given its useful lifespan, I would consider it a good value.

Pros - it works! Cons - After 10-12 years, the case began to come apart but a little electrical tape fixed it. Also, after tens (hundreds?) of thousands of squeezes, the trigger mechanism wears down and the gun loses its effectiveness. They used to include a little bulb to practice with and test the gun but I imagine most folks lost the bulb long before it was needed. I also remember reading a warning somewhere that the ZS can kill a cat which I would consider a CON but others may think otherwise.

I also remember reading a warning somewhere that the ZS can kill a cat which I would consider a CON but others may think otherwise.

Yes it can, but you have to hit it really hard.

(Yes, I know it's in poor taste, but it's a joke, okay? I couldn't resist a straight line like that.)