my brother the klipschsh*t

sunnysal

A few years back Klipsch held a story telling contest that was to involve and combine a real life story with a Klipsch product. I wrote a story about how my Klipschorns survived a 8.1 earthquake while playing an AC/DC tune and was one of the winners. The prize was a pair of brand spanking new Heresy. As many of you know I currently live and work in Central America, the Klipsch pseakers were left for safe keeping the care of my younger brother. Today I get an email..."oh by the way, I traded your speakers for a wah-wah pedal" for those of you who don't play electric guitar a wah-wah pedal is an effect box you plug between your guitar and amp to make funky sounds...the one he got...used...is worth perhaps $100....I was beside myself after recieving this news and had to share it with my forum pals. Good thing it is a 5 hour flight to New York or I would strangle him right now. Oh well, Tom Brennan always said the top end of the Heresey sounded like a dentists drill so I guess I shouldn't be so sad...LOL. What a bone head my brother is...warm regards, Tony

Tony,

I remember some of the stories... but I am thinking those were Heresy IIs, given the time frame. He should find you another pair, no doubt. Perhap he could sell off a '59 LP to raise the cash. [^o)]

As nice as the Klpischorns are, I wouldn't want to give up my Heresy IIs (or originals) either.

Bruce

"Oh well, Tom Brennan always said the top end of the Heresey sounded like a dentists drill so I guess I shouldn't be so sad...LOL"

That was the original Heresy with the K77, bright and edgy with no real high end. The Heresy II tweeter is much smoother, with some real high end.

• Moderators

A few years back Klipsch held a story telling contest that was to involve and combine a real life story with a Klipsch product. I wrote a story about how my Klipschorns survived a 8.1 earthquake while playing an AC/DC tune and was one of the winners. The prize was a pair of brand spanking new Heresy.

I remember that contest, there were some great stories entered. A while back I went looking for that and couldn't find it.

Tony,

I remember that contest very well. I think it was 2002 or 2003, and the grand prize was a new pair of Khorns. I entered a letter about my adventures with Q-Man picking up my La Scala's in South Florida, but I guess they weren't impressed. :-)

Anyway, sorry to hear about your brother selling your Heresy's. I always say, what comes around goes around. [:D]

Mike

RE: Did you kill her?

No violence... Peace Love Joy Happiness ;)

The speakers came back, both enclosures were beat up, scratched, one had a broken binding post.

I repaired the binding post, poured myself a glass of red wine, and cranked up some tunes.

The units are sonically still perfect to this day !

Me thinks he should find you a pair of Heresy's. Then club him like a baby seal.

I think Seti had the best idea, sounds fair to me.

It'd be pretty easy to pull off. After he buys the replacements, just say to him, "C'mon, let's celebrate by going clubbing!"

• 2 weeks later...

well....no chance to get them back...the only aprils fools joke is...my brother! at least I still have the k-horns!

p.s. I wont even bore you with how he "lost" my mint condition 1967 mustang back when I left for college!