My jubilee setup

bracurrie

Fixed your post for you.....

Golly, it may be quite a stretch to call those Jubilees. While they may sound good, they are certainly very different from Jubilees.

You have a knock-off, home-made bass bin vs the Jubilee engineered bass bin. Not the same....although I'm anal.

You have Crites woofers vs the K-31's. Not the same......although I'm anal.

You have JBL hf drivers vs the K/69. Not the same......although I'm anal.

You have a home-made wooden tractrix flare hf horn vs an engineered K402 (or K-510). Not the same.....although I'm anal.

I don't, for a second, suggest that your speakers don't sound good. All your components may be quite good in and of themselves. It's just that the system is not a Jubilee.....Although Im anal !!!

If we put a Chevy body on a Ford chassis with a Chrysler engine and a Honda interior (all good components), we are not driving a Mercedes. Just had to get that last poke in there....

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is why send someone in to an audio environment for a listening test where much better electronics are used and then hope you send that person home kicking rocks while you are telling him its all his inferior speakers,!

My comment about your post in whole (not just the copied part)... I thought it was a strange response. Regardless, you don't seem to be directing that towards me specifically however, I did suggest he go to Rigma's for a listen.

Note that he DID ask for comments & suggestions

Comments? Suggestions?

Seems to me if you looking for comments/suggestions, it might not be outlandish to hear something that is dialed in pretty well to give you an idea of what your goal could be, no?

It might be worth noting that Rigma ALSO has a couple of cloned Jubilee bass bins so in no way am I trying to bash on the clones (nor am I saying that you said I was)

If Rigma's system could be a 9.99 on a scale of 1-10 then why wouldn't anyone, especially someone within a single hours drive, consider hearing it to get an idea of how good they COULD have it if they hit all the right buttons?

Hearing Rigma's would also give him a chance to hear the 402 and how well it integrates with the bass bin. You woudn't find anything negative about that would you?

p>I don't know what this nonsense about "negative comments" is all about.

Tom

I was not trying to bad talk anybody.

The Jube clone threads seam to turn out this way IMHO

My wife said her first grade class is better behaved than we are[:o]

Golly, it may be quite a stretch to call those Jubilees. While they may sound good, they are certainly very different from Jubilees.

You have a knock-off, home-made bass bin vs the Jubilee engineered bass bin. Not the same....although I'm anal.

You have a home-made wooden tractrix flare hf horn vs an engineered K402 (or K-510). Not the same.....although I'm anal.

I don't, for a second, suggest that your speakers don't sound good. All your components may be quite good in and of themselves. It's just that the system is not a Jubilee.....Although Im anal !!!

If we put a Chevy body on a Ford chassis with a Chrysler engine and a Honda interior (all good components), we are not driving a Mercedes. Just had to get that last poke in there....

Was any of that actually called for?

One member was sold some speakers and told they were Jubilees. While they likely sound very good, they differ from actual Klipsch Jubilees in several respects, which a Jubilee owner politely pointed out.

If we were all sitting in someone's living room enjoying and discussing speakers, would you talk like that to one of the guys in the same room?

p>I don't know what this nonsense about "negative comments" is all about. Tom I was not trying to bad talk anybody. The Jube clone threads seam to turn out this way IMHO My wife said her first grade class is better behaved than we areSurprise

No one is going to disagree that we are below the level of first graders.

BTW, not all Jube clone threads take a bad turn. It is usually the threads that are thinly disguised infomercials that take a bad turn. T

Mr max2mc,

I am more than capable of crafting my own threads without your assistance.

Do you have anything constructive to add to this conversation?

Please share with us your experience and expertise in Jubilees.

Thank you.

Brad...........Trey, Amy,

Something that interests me is that you mentioned Tony Ham has been building for Klipsch on contracts for many years. This would mean that he is building exact Klipsch speakers. The real thing. Can you explain a little more about this? For instance maybe discuss what he has built for Klipsch and how often?

I am surprised to hear that Klipsch uses contractors, but honestly I have heard this in the past not knowing if it is really true.

Trey, Amy.............is this true? Can this guy Tony Ham be building real Klipsch Jubilees, and other real Klipsch speakers on contract?

Thanks Coytee. Its all good. Ignorance is bliss[:P] I will make the pilgrimage one day if rigma will have me. In the meantime I will enjoy my own journey. Afterall, how many years did it take him to get there?

Besides, I originally set out to see how far $2,000 would take me using mix and match pieces. I am now at $3,000 and I hope I am close to my goal. When I got back into good audio gear (thanks son) after a 35 years I was surprised by $400 speaker wire, $10,000 turntables and total systems that can run $75,000. I even had demonstrated for me a $40,000 system that was in many ways incredible. But I have several other hobbies including saving for retirement so that direction was deemed closed.

Pre-loved equipment hunting is so much fun.

I will get to the 402 and will explore other possibilities as I am sure there are other ways to "skin that cat".

As I understand it Tony has built less than ten Jubilee clone cabs. Bob Crites has a set of his cabinets and, while I may be wrong, I believe its been tested to be identical in performance with the real thing.

Tony does not do work for Klipsch.

p>I don't know what this nonsense about "negative comments" is all about. Tom I was not trying to bad talk anybody. The Jube clone threads seam to turn out this way IMHO My wife said her first grade class is better behaved than we areSurprise

No one is going to disagree that we are below the level of first graders.

BTW, not all Jube clone threads take a bad turn. It is usually the threads that are thinly disguised infomercials that take a bad turn. T

It saddens me when people go crazy on a thread. We were haveing such a good discussion.

Hello fella's. Just my input. I was going to purchase jubilee clones by Tony Ham. I am anal so I decided to do more research on the different Jube clones and noticed that most if not all of them were not CnC'd. There are many variables when trying to attain the best "sound" you can get for your dollar. Unless you have a boat load of money or hit the lottery, it's going to take time to get where you want to be. It has for me anyway. I'm sure it has been that way for other jube owners (Richard, Mike, Rigma, etc) Even though I am at a place with my system I thought I would never be, I am still looking for more. I personally plan on getting another pair of jubes from Klipsch once my 30X40 addition is complete. Yes it's madness, but it's what I enjoy.

Mr max2mc,

I am more than capable of crafting my own threads without your assistance.

Do you have anything constructive to add to this conversation?

Please share with us your experience and expertise in Jubilees.

Thank you.

Constructive? O.K.

Your comments were underhanded as your forked the OP's speakers through your grey water, even if you did try and tidy it up with a "Im sure they sound great.but"..... "You have wood horn....me have engineered Klipsch 402"..... " You have knock-off "homemade" bass bin......me have engineered Jubillee real deal".

Its pretty obvious the masked enjoyment you took pointing out every little item of the mans setup that wasnt a factory spec item or as you would say "engineered". This is why I am commenting on your post. Plain and simple it wasnt cool.

Plain and simple it wasnt cool.

But it was and is 100% correct and worded as nice as it could be. There wasn't anything negative about HIS comments.

I've been enjoying this thread, because some great points have been made.

But it was and is 100% correct and worded as nice as it could be. There wasn't anything negative about HIS comments.

The way I see it, if the thread had been titled "My Jubilee CLONE setup" it would have taken a different direction. But it's forgivable either way.

Nah, not what I read.

I also love the Jub and Jub clone threads. I just stepped in to call a spade a "spade". Too many non "engineered" references made about the OP's components and the final comparison of his "clones" directed towards mixed and matched vehicles in a once again, underhanded tone. Some of you guys may have read it as a hand on the shoulder approach, but indeed it sounded like a friendly approach of kicking someones dog to me. Someone ALWAYS steps in to bust someones chops over a set of clones, usually regardless of the situation. I say let a man bask in his enjoyment for his newly aquired speakers. No reason to list nit picks of "non engineered" Klipsch components that they obviously know didnt come from Klipsch.