Availability of old pie-slice logos

I am aware that many people are in need of at least one of the old Klipsch pie-slice PWK logos for their speakers made prior to 1978. These are "no longer available" from Klipsch. I believe the company should be able to supply these to those who are in need.

Although there would not be as large a demand for these as the company would like to see in order to justify the cost of having a small run of them made available for sale, I sincerely believe that those who desire them would be willing to pay a higher price in order to get them. Many would even buy more than their current need to hold back as replacements for damaged ones later on.

I also realize that this would not be a subject of great importance to those in the company with "minds of accountants", but the issue here is customer relations through product support.

Please, fellow forum members, give some response to this thread if you feel that these Logos should be made available again from the company, and give some reasons why...noting whether you would be willing to absorb some of the cost per item required to make this happen if you buy them.

Also, please take a minute to send an e-mail telling the company you desire to have the old PWK pie-slice logos made available again..at: support@klipsch.com.

I like to believe that there is still some "power in numbers" in this country.

Maybe the "powers that be" will take note and respond favorably if they see enough interest. I am also writing an e-mail to Klipsch asking them to follow this thread to (hopefully) ensure they will at least pay some attention to it.

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 04-27-2002 at 12:57 PM

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you HDBRbuilder. I have a pair of '77 LaScalas and would very much like to proudly display the "pie slice" emblem. The modern logo I am currently using is acceptable, however I would really prefer the old style instead.

Good luck on your crusade.

Dave

This message has been edited by Dave in Nashville on 04-27-2002 at 01:29 PM

I for one would like to see them available and would be willing to pay a little more than what they're really worth (within reason). I have a pair of '75 CD-BR's and am missing one logo while the other has some of the gold worn off of it. Klipsch should be able to have some of these made up without incurring too much cost, essentially they're just plastic with a little plating on the high surfaces. If Klipsch doesn't make them available I may just go to the local hobby shop, buy some supplies, and make a mold of the one I have. However, I would much rather give my money to Klipsch than have to learn the art of casting.

I had the same problem. I lost one of the copper nameplates off one of my La Scala's. I contacted the parts dept. and was able to get a pair for only $16.00

I would check with them to see if the have the pie shaped ones.

------------------

Denon AVR 3801

Onkyo M504 Power Amp driving the mains

Techenique A-10 DVD Audio/Video Player

Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/Dvd Player

Dish Network Dolby Digital Sat receiver

Klipsch La Scala ( Mains)

Klipsch RFC5 Center

Klipsch RSS6 Surround Side

Klipsch RSS .5 Back surround

Klipsch KSW 12 Subwoofer

Scooter,

Ummm(tryin to be diplomatic here)...If we didn't already know that Klipsch no longer had any Pie-Slice logos (not since late 1970's), and had no intention of getting anymore at this point in time...then why do you think this thread was started?...LOL!...Time for another Starbuck's, man!!! Smile.gif

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 04-28-2002 at 10:31 AM

• 11 months later...

I wonder if HDBRbuilder was ever able to persuade Klipsch in remaking the classic pie logos? I wonder how hard it would be to have these logos custom made on special order by a seperate vendor, or if the cost would justify the small numbers needed?

PWKlogo01.jpg

post-11084-138192453478_thumb.jpg

I also would like a pair or 2. If and when I modify my cornwalls to decorator, I would like to add the pie logos. In fact, I was about to inquire as to the availability of them. I too would also pay a premium. I'll email Klipsch regarding their demand. Thanks for bringing it up Andy.

Its funny reading these old posts that pop up to the top. Reading them, you get a sence of DeJaVue.

I don't think Klipsch ever re released the old Logo. I do know that Big D made his own last year. I bet if you ask him nice he would share his pattern and or tell how he made them.

JM

I used a chinese take-out container because they have a glossy finish(which makes for easy removal). Stick the logo to the bottom of the container(face up) with double face tape. Pour in the mold compound. let cure. Then just remove the wire handle and it unfolds to reveal your mold. the attached pic shows the product I used. Can be found at most craft stores. Just follow directions

post-7478-1381924534864_thumb.jpg

This pic shows the plastic compound used to pour in the mold. Mix as per directions. Then pour into mold. This will set up in about 15 mins. Then remove from mold and you have a pie shaped logo. I spray painted them black(several very light coats)as to not fill in the details. Then used a wide artist brush with a small amount of gold paint. Use the side of the brush and tap the raised portion of the logo until they are covered. Hope this helps. If you have any questions,I'll be glad to answer them.

Darrell

Big D

post-7478-1381924534941_thumb.jpg