Crawfish Etoufee for supper tonight courtesy of my Cajun wife. What you havin?

JL Sargent

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the idea of Etoufee over the "fresh catch" from a local restaurant here in Athens that specializes in New Orleans cooking. You can order the fresh catch of the day, bronzed or blackened, and then also with what they call "Thibodeau style"............which is with crawfish etoufee over it just like my picture.......but tastes more authentic.

The best I ever had was bronzed Amberjack Thibodeau...........just incredible.

I got to have the Etoufee, I hope you can use shrimp instead of crawfish. Up here in the mountains there ain't none of those tasty critters, I checked all over Atlanta and couldn't find any. I'm starting to slobber all over myself CB

Call these folks on the phone to see about getting some 1 lb. packs of frozen crawfish tails shipped. They ship world wide:

http://www.tonyseafood.com/shopping_additems.php?action=view_list&category=239

I got to have the Etoufee, I hope you can use shrimp instead of crawfish. Up here in the mountains there ain't none of those tasty critters, I checked all over Atlanta and couldn't find any. I'm starting to slobber all over myself CB

We've got them runnin all over down here.

post-15193-1381966093018_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

On the crawfish, those look yummy. The only thing missing is me and my plate!

They do look good, plates, we don't need no stinkin plates.........newspaper works just fine

Please tell your wife how lucky you are that she can cook like that.[:P]

At the time of the original post (Aug. 17), we were preparing to eat 28 day aged filets at Chicago's Weber Grill, then off to see Phish perform at the UIC Pavilion (four hour show, and the third show of the run). It was a great last day of the three nights of shows, and a great way to spend my birthday[:D]

Steak and Phish[H]

A few years ago one of my sisters did that. She collected favorite recipes from all of the family members and “published” a cookbook. We all got a copy for Christmas that year. It's pretty cool. The recipes are interspersed with family photos

It's not hard to do. Once the initial category organization and general layup is set it's simply a matter of printing it off. Better yet publish it as a PDF for download.

I would imagine that a Klipsch Community Cookbook would be very diverse.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I have quite a few favorites that I would contribute.

I suspect that a printed version could easily be sold for enough to cover small batch production costs.

They do look good, plates, we don't need no stinkin plates.........newspaper works just fine

Please tell your wife how lucky you are that she can cook like that.Stick out tongue

dtel,

Have you ever been to a crawfish boil at the harmons? Kevs dad does all the seasoning and boil and one of Kevs clients built him a big peelin table with a large hole in the center for an industrial trash can. You take big diner style flat rectangle serving trays and load up on fresh crawfish and peel till stuffed. Kevin can peel 5 in the time I do one tail. His dad likes to suck the heads also, and his mom is an excellent cook. Good family, good times, great memories!

Roger

Please tell your wife how lucky you are that she can cook like that.Stick out tongue

dtel,

Have you ever been to a crawfish boil at the harmons? Kevs dad does all the seasoning and boil and one of Kevs clients built him a big peelin table with a large hole in the center for an industrial trash can. You take big diner style flat rectangle serving trays and load up on fresh crawfish and peel till stuffed. Kevin can peel 5 in the time I do one tail. His dad likes to suck the heads also, and his mom is an excellent cook. Good family, good times, great memories!

Roger

I almost forgot, only huge fresh live crawfish from a farmer friend that you demudded yourself at the Harmon household!

Rog

• Moderators

dtel,

Have you ever been to a crawfish boil at the harmons?

Never had the privilege, considering where he and is family are from I have no doubt they know how to do it right, he is one of the nicest people you can meet, If you can't get along with Kevin you have a problem.

Now from the way you explain it he has a PRO coonass setup [:D], don't surprise me, from where he lives and south they don't play around when it comes to crawfish and seafood, or any food, it's serious, wouldn't want a bad reputation. [:P]