Check these Jubilees out.

Rudy81

BentzWho,,,,, I stated the Jube K403 with the Paudio driver is a piece of crap,,,AND the Jube bass horn doesnt go one white not lower than tha Khorn...I havnt changed my mind,,,, Mikes problems have turned the corner for the better,,, I suggested he proceed with caution.. SO WHAT YOUR GRIPE,,,???? BENTZ YOU STILL ACT LIKE A SNOTKNOSE KID...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mike's problems have turned the corner for the better...I suggested he proceed with caution...

Good to hear. Divorce is a disaster too often tolerated as "inevitable". I hate to see it happen--even to people I don't know...

Chris

Just for kicks & grins, Maron states that the K402/Paudio combo is what he didn't like (that seems consistent with my memory of his comments)

I do wonder if his attitude would change if he heard them with the TAD driver?

However it looks like I am just deluding myself

Really???

As though you know anything about human hearing....

[^o)]

[:#]

DrWho (Mike): I am trying to figure out if Maron is agreeing with you or not. He needs to be more direct when expressing his opinion.

I am currently enjoying Jubilee bass bins. I think they are great. However it looks like I am just deluding myself. Oh well ....

Ya, I'm confused too....didn't we conclude that it was a bastardized ABS K403 that he didn't like? (not the 402) Not that it matters, I'm just trying to understand where he's coming from.

Maron did not care for the construction and finish surface of the 40x, nor the audio output quality of the PAudio driver. He also posited that the design should have extended the effective response into a lower octave, as well as allowing a higher crossover point.

If you are going to line up to bash about how superior you are, at least get the bashing points right from the start.[;)]

Just for kicks & grins, Maron states that the K402/Paudio combo is what he didn't like (that seems consistent with my memory of his comments)

I do wonder if his attitude would change if he heard them with the TAD driver?

However it looks like I am just deluding myself

Really???

As though you know anything about human hearing....

Hmm

Zip it!

As painful as it may be, you might want to read that long single paragraph ad again.

If you want to hear TAD drivers, don't listen to these. The available drivers are only described as, ". . . the best smoothest driver ever made the TAD killer BEYMA CP-750ND."

As painful as it may be, you might want to read that long single paragraph ad again.

Heh... unknown to you, I was just digging on Tom for stuff he does outside this forum as it might relate to his profession. That's why I was trying to be more over the top about it so that he'd catch that even of others, understandably, might not.

[:D]

If you want to hear TAD drivers, don't listen to these. The available drivers are only described as, ". . . the best smoothest driver ever made the TAD killer BEYMA CP-750ND."

I think I might have misinterpreted your comment as defending Tom from my comment.

If I did misunderstand, I guess I'm not catching your main point.

The ad DOES specifically state " In fact everything I say in this description is "MY OPINION""

and I take everything in the ad as just that, especially since he's trying to sell something [Y]

I stated the Jube K402 with the Paudio driver is a piece of crap,,,AND
the Jube bass horn doesnt go one white not lower than tha Khorn.

I agree on both counts. BUT, the jub bass bin was an effort to increase the mid bass range to a higher point that the khorn. I think it does that well.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to have these golden jubs. I think the asking price is pretty good. The only issue I see is that I would want the original crossover. The 403 horns with the b&c de82 deiver has been very nice. I would like a pretty pair made from wood. If anyone wants to try to make some 403's out of wood I have some 403's to take measurements from. Thans again Mike and Maron.

BTW Mike just likes caps lock. He is very passionate about all things audio. I hope he finds what he is looking for...

I think that you are right in that the design goal for the Jub was to reach toward a two way design so more woofer extension was required and as a bonus the Jub did not have to live in the corner.

From discussions with Roy, the stated vs. actual design goal of the Jub bass bin may be a little modified from the advertised one, so I'd be careful about speaking for him or PWK.

While it is true that the Jub bass bin can go up to something like 1200 Hz in terms of its bandpass, dual-mouth diffraction (of which PWK and Roy were aware of at the time) limited how high they could actually go. In the JAES paper, they describe how they took pains to move the two mouths closer to each other in the design than the Khorn. This should be a clue to those trying to read the tea leaves for them.

Also note that the "W"-shape section allowed them to decouple the pointing of the bass bin in the corners of the room (that is, the Khorn requires 45 degree placement without using a false corner), and allows the pointing of the K-402 horn at the audience where you need it. This is true both in the commercial and consumer marketplaces.

There are other reasons why the Jub bass bin was redesigned. With Roy's design of the K-402 horn at that time and with the availablility of new lower-cost Ti-diaphragm compression drivers then available, a higher crossing frequency wasn't actually required, according to Roy's conversation with me. In fact, most Jub owners do not cross over at a higher frequency on their Jubilees than on stock Khorns ( [:o] )

The K-402 horn is the real "jewel in the crown" of the Klipsch Jubilee design, IMHO. The Jubilee bass bin is definitely better than its predecessor, but not by the same factor as the K-402 is over its predecessors.

Chris

Those Jubs are pretty.............the seller seems troubled.

What's with the silver wire? Any merit? What about those inductors he mentions? Anyone use those?

The Martinelli does not look like a K403. Is it some modified version? It looks like it has a bigger throat than the 403.

Pretty interesting that he mentions the eliptrac has more sizzle.

Trying to figure out how the same crossover works with all of these different horn and driver combinations.

Mark, I used those type coils in your LaScala network build.

I suppose if I had $15K laying around it would all be gone. It's a lot of cool stuff.

His ad is over the top ridiculous. If I'd written it, the stuff would have been gone in 15 minutes. 15 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Was he speaking of copper foil inductors? If so.........yup I still have all 3 of those lascalas with those same awesome ALK Jrs. with those BIG copper foil inductors in them. I don't use them much with the MCM setup in the same room but keep them in hopes of a L/C/R HT setup someday. Somewhere I have a picture which might help people understand what the Jub seller is bragging on.