Fine Food and Music

Boxx

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Easter....late lunch.  Ten chops....only nine made it to the plate?

IMG_3774.JPG

IMG_3775 (1).JPG

lamb chops !  you have to try it with a mint infused ovoo , and red roasted pepper puree...with salted segmented lemons..

Chuck I love your fresh rosemary garish..

• Like 1

On 4/17/2017 at 10:29 PM, Full Range said:

Pizza from scratch 

Made our own base and cooked in our pizza oven 

I make pizza from scratch, too.  So far, I have not found the way to the perfect crust.  I use a pizza pan with holes in the bottom and have to put the crust in by itself first to let it start to brown.  Then, I remove, add pizza sauce/toppings, and return to oven.  

What do you do?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I make pizza from scratch, too.  So far, I have not found the way to the perfect crust.  I use a pizza pan with holes in the bottom and have to put the crust in by itself first to let it start to brown.  Then, I remove, add pizza sauce/toppings, and return to oven.  

What do you do?

22.5 ounces (about 4 1/2 cups) bread flour, plus more for dusting

.5 ounces (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) sugar

.35 ounces kosher salt (about 1 tablespoon)

.35 ounces (about 2 teaspoons) instant yeast

1.125 ounces Extra Virgin olive oil (about 3 tablespoons)

15 ounces lukewarm water

Combine flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in bowl of food processor. Pulse 3 to 4 times until incorporated. Add olive oil and water. Run food processor until mixture forms ball that rides around the bowl above the blade, about 15 seconds. Continue processing 15 seconds longer.

Transfer dough ball to lightly floured surface and knead once or twice by hand until smooth ball is formed. It should pass the windowpane test. Divide dough into three even parts and place each in a covered quart-sized deli container or in a zipper-lock freezer bag. Place in refrigerator and allow to rise at least 1 day, and up to 5. Remove from refrigerator, shape into balls, and allow to rest at room temperature for at least 2 hours before baking.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

sometimes I tell the wait staff .. when their waiting on food..

I will stick in their arse and call it brown & serve !!!!

or it's ready when it's ready.  

Don't they know that you don't piss off the cook?  No telling what will go in their food:emotion-41:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Don't they know that you don't piss off the cook?  No telling what will go in their food:emotion-41:

I'm a lot calmer now..when I would have one iterate me for the night..

I would place a dish in the salamander...plate the dish and put in the window.. ring. then take out your order...then they remember when mommy told them don't touch the hot stove moment..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

What do you do?

It depends on the Pizza toppings - more toppings equals more moisture 

So if you have issues with a heavy topping Pizza then take out a "just hot " pan or stone and sprincke some fine semolina on it, place your base on it then add the toppings as quickly as you can then straight into the oven 

Also when making the base we leave about 1" inch around the outer edge without toppings 

Heat we use is 500 to 600 deg F

In this video - this bloke uses 99% of my method 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

sometimes I tell the wait staff .. when their waiting on food..

I will stick in their arse and call it brown & serve !!!!

or it's ready when it's ready.  

Got a link to the restaurant you work at ? 

Just so I don't go there 

• Like 2