Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Final closing photo is a close up of my dish..... Not included was our dessert of Whole Foods Italian gelato and a cup of Starbucks French roast coffee to round out the dinner.... All for now, hope you enjoyed this short dinner tour, from our kitchen to yours.

Now, let's see some of your cooking skills and share them with us won't you?

Until next time, be inspired, and get cooking (0:imagejpg1-2056.jpg

• Like 2

A shot of our place setting. Candle lighted, Anonynous 4 singing Medieval carols and motets in the background, vino poured, time to sit and relax with this fresh dinner from land and sea (0;imagejpg1-1857.jpg

Great photo's Gary... As always thanks for posting these wonderful shots....

Your are very welcome Boxx, I knew you would be watching ((0: I wasn't going to post, as there was much pressure to get the timing of indoor and outdoor cooking together, but, it all arrived to the table at the same time and on warmed plates stayed hot when served...

More later I'm sure (0:

.....Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow foodies AND wine lovers...... Here is our latest shipment which was waiting for me to take home from our shop office...

Any that you recognize Boxx ?? There is a favorite in this group which has made its 3rd delivery ((0:

........enjoy the the picture, and hopefully vino that you may have in your own cellars....

.......Garyimagejpg1-2334.jpg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 1

Here are the wines which were brought by our guests last night for our end of the holiday 'Neighbors Wine and Nosh' party...

One still sealed (0:

...........g imagejpg2-4.jpg

Edited by Tigerman

Dearest Boxx.... I did not know you had already left us all by the time I sent these wine photos, one of your favorites as always..

I miss you badly my fellow foodie and fine friend......as a final carol (Noel) plays on the audio system, this 12th day of Christmas evening )0:

Yours always,

Gary

• Like 4

• Moderators
Steve I could teach you this recipe in 5 minutes.

Christy was just eating some sautéed spinach and I showed her your pie, she said she wants to try it. So whenever you get time just give a quick description of how it's put together, if you don't mind please. 

Were both trying to cut back since he holidays.

Tigerman you always do a great job, but I sure do miss Boxx, he would be happy knowing your cooking in your usually style, always well done. :emotion-21:

Hey Eldon....I just posted the recipe in the Cables and Coffee thread.  Hope you like it! 

Yeah I can see Boxx posting the Dos Equis guy clapping and saying "Well done my Friend".  Always wondered how he always came up with those post so quickly? 

• Like 2

Steve I could teach you this recipe in 5 minutes.  It would take you five years to teach me guitar my friend!

Here’s my five minute guitar lesson … crank up the amp so loud their ears bleed -- then act like you know what you’re doing after that.  years ago, on this very forum, Colter quoted one of the guys from Deep Purple…”make everything louder than everything else.”  I still love that line.

Chuck -- i’m not meaning to question your teaching skills; but, i caused a fire while boiling water.  You don’t want me as a student, at least not in YOUR kitchen. 

• Like 2

:)   You guys are great, thanks for the compliments as always Elden...   (I am learning your names now... ;) )

Chuck, thanks for the photos, I always liked the cast iron grate pattern on that range top !  It looks to be THREE sections much like ours...

Well, I too am still missing Boxx.  We will continue with his spirit in our hearts and minds. I will always have many fond memories as I prepare, and present the many dishes yet to come right here in FF&M.  I will miss his use of the word  'outstanding', and so it goes...

I am doing a simple pasta dish this evening before heading over to RTM for another music session of recordings that were influenced by him :emotion-21:

Enjoy your day my friends.

.......gw

• Like 1

• Moderators
Well, I too am still missing Boxx. We will continue with his spirit in our hearts and minds. I will always have many fond memories as I prepare, and present the many dishes yet to come right here in FF&M. I will miss his use of the word 'outstanding', and so it goes...

Yes, one reason to remember everyday even when things don't go as good as expected to smile and laugh and treat everyone well, with respect, you never know when it all can come to an end, be happy everyday.

You were a good friend to Boxx and a good man Tigerman, stay happy.

• Like 2

Hey guys.....have a feeling I will be taking it easy tonight after last nights activities.  Steve you sound like a candidate for that show on the food channel "Worst Cooks In America".  Gary could get you cooking gourmet meals in no time at all.

I think the LF and I will stay in out of the cold with a nice fire and some stir fry.  We are both doing low carb.  Then my Panthers and bluesboy's Seahawks square off at 8:00.  Bluesboy moved out to Seattle a while back and is a big fan.  I really don't watch much football but tonight I'll check it out for awhile.  Bluesboy was my music listening and cocktail drinking bud when he lived here.  Heck he built my music room, my cabinets, my speakers and xovers.  A talented guy.

Think I'll watch the Carolina Tar Heels play Louisville in about 15 minutes.....while I nurse my wounds :emotion-46:

• 2 weeks later...