Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Welcome aboard Sean !   MAN, I wish Boxx could be here to see the new faces adding to this foodie forum :)

Thanks again for posting, and GOOD reason to buy a home.......with a fully equipped KITCHEN........aaaaaah ;)

...........Gary

• Like 3

• Moderators

Oh ok, my wife thinks I'm crazy, a good hamburger or sandwich is one of my favorite foods, I don't know why but I love them. About potato salad, I love it also, everyone makes it differently and I love them all.

Guess I am just easy to please ? And chips are my biggest weakness, more than sweets by far so your plate looks perfect to me. 

Looks good,

• Like 3

Awesome Duder. About my burgers the other night, my daughter told me they tasted like the burgers at Jack Daniels Grill. I'll take that.

Tonight I'm listening to Jethro Tull- Aqualung. Chicken and broccoli is what's for dinner.

Edit: Wow, this is more delicious than I had envisioned. Kind of like a french onion soup taste on the sauce.

post-21249-0-59840000-1425599583_thumb.j

Edited by sean5340
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Looks good Sean, you made a good bit, I have two of those exact pots, there pretty deep. 

Strange cover with those, if you hold the handle and tap on the outside it rings like a tuning fork for a good while, weird.   

• Like 1

Yeah I have two daughters and one brings her lunch to school. Usually left overs. I also eat the same thing for lunch. Might as well make a bunch and eat it until it's gone.

It's cool that this meal cost $16 to make and we get all this. Pretty healthy as well.

• Like 3

Awesome Duder. About my burgers the other night, my daughter told me they tasted like the burgers at Jack Daniels Grill. I'll take that.

Tonight I'm listening to Jethro Tull- Aqualung. Chicken and broccoli is what's for dinner.

Edit: Wow, this is more delicious than I had envisioned. Kind of like a french onion soup taste on the sauce.

What did you use for the sauce/spices?  I am looking for different recipes.

• Like 1

Hey Jeff. This is what I did.

Generously season chicken with Slap Ya Mama and Louisiana hot sauce. (3 Boneless breasts, 4 Bone-in thighs)

Line bottom of a large saute pan with olive oil and heat on medium to 350 degrees.

Brown chicken on both sides for 5 minutes each.

Brown both sides again for 2 minutes each.

Remove the chicken from the pan and add 1 large white onion and one medium bell pepper diced.

Cook until the onions are mostly brown being careful not to burn the chicken stuff that is stuck to the bottom of the pan.

Deglaze the pan with about 8 ounces of white wine. (Chardonnay) Scrape everything stuck to the bottom with a wooden spatula.

Once the wine is boiling hard add two bunches of broccoli and and cover for five minutes.

Stir the mixture, reduce heat to simmer and cook an additional 10 minutes.

Cut the chicken breast into wide strips and add all of the chicken to the pan.

Stir and cover 10 minutes or so until the broccoli is cooked but not mushy.

Enjoy with rice or french bread.

• Like 3

Thanks Sean for your recipe ideas!  :)    This Foodie forum is really picking up !

......Gary

(I only wished my ' foodie partner' Boxx who opened this forum for me were here to enjoy all this activity ;) he'd be right here adding to it I'm sure!  Wine for me please :D )

Since I missed coffee with the coffee klack. Here is dinner for tonight. Stuffed chicken on the grill. Tomatoes, cucumber, and rice with Italian dressing, and gluten free garlic bread.

3b2171d61416a28e4e69646ac8b865d8.jpg

Chuck that desert looks. When I was a child I didn't care for mint chocolate. Now especially with peanut butter, I love mint chocolate ice cream.

• Like 4

When you guys finish dinner tonight the lady friend made a batch of chocolate covered mint oreos for us.

Hey Chuck…tomorrow can she makes french fries?  I have a brand new bottle of ketchup…well almost brand new, i opened it earlier to put on my nachos. (i didn’t eat good today…but i only ate once so it probably balanced out).

• Like 1