Fine Food and Music

Boxx

I made venison chili with Guinness.  Pictures waste bandwidth take longer to download a page and are generally annoying.  Enjoy yours.

But they’re worth a thousand words … you’ve been on this forum a long time, we’re a bunch of knuckleheads, do you really want us using more words?  Chili sounds good. What kind of beans do you use?  (yes, i’m still a punk).

• Like 1

Hello foodies!  

Sunburn, you are correct, the term I use is one I heard way back which is 'near' vegetarian, but your term surely fits the bill here (I had to look it up ;) )

Steve, it is getting time to make that dish again..........but I still have those two dinners to put up here, I know I keep saying that, but I really NEED to get them up for all to see...

.......stay tuned ^_^

• Like 1

.......My last wine delivery was the night I learned of our dear friend Boxx' passing..... And we loved showing our latest wine club deliveries...

I intend on keeping that tradition alive, so then, here is what arrived yesterday... We shall toast Boxx this evening on RTM ;0))

Enjoy....image.jpg1_145.jpg

• Like 5

For a healthy and delicious meal that is easy to prepare:

1.  Cook rice in a rice-cooker (or in a pan if you don't have one).  Be sure and melt some butter in the water and add a fair amount of salt to the boiling water. It gives the rice better flavor and a fluffier, less-sticky texture.

2.  Cut some fresh green beans, broccoli crowns, onion and red bell pepper.  Steam them.  First, add the green beans.  Let them steam for 3 - 4 minutes.  Then, add the broccoli. Steam another 3 - 4 minutes.  Start to test.  Bite into a green bean here and there.  Once they are *almost* soft, then, add the onion.  Wait 1 minute.  Add the bell pepper.  Turn-off the heat.  Move the pan over to a cool burner.  The red bell will soften easily, so you do not allow it to cook on a burner at all.  Just add it and move the pan.

3.  Make this sauce:  http://www.food.com/recipe/all-purpose-stir-fry-sauce-brown-garlic-sauce-87748  Tip:  I found a big jar of already-minced garlic at Costco.  This is a god-send because there is no peeling and chopping.  

Time these 3 tasks so they are all going simultaneously and everything is ready pretty much at the same time.

I just made this sauce for the first time.  I enjoyed it thoroughly and am very, very pleased.  It is on-par with a high quality Chinese restaurant.

Enjoy!

• Like 4

• Moderators

Sounds good.  :emotion-21:

Tip:  I found a big jar of already-minced garlic at Costco.  This is a god-send because there is no peeling and chopping.  

I buy it in those jars also, but happen to have a huge head of fresh garlic and was making spaghetti sauce the other day so I used the fresh along with onion.

Most probably know this already but there is a easy way to peel the garlic using two of the light metal bowls. Put the garlic between the two bowls where then can be shaken up vigorously it peels them quickly. It does work.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

For a healthy and delicious meal that is easy to prepare:

1.  Cook rice in a rice-cooker (or in a pan if you don't have one).  Be sure and melt some butter in the water and add a fair amount of salt to the boiling water. It gives the rice better flavor and a fluffier, less-sticky texture.

2.  Cut some fresh green beans, broccoli crowns, onion and red bell pepper.  Steam them.  First, add the green beans.  Let them steam for 3 - 4 minutes.  Then, add the broccoli. Steam another 3 - 4 minutes.  Start to test.  Bite into a green bean here and there.  Once they are *almost* soft, then, add the onion.  Wait 1 minute.  Add the bell pepper.  Turn-off the heat.  Move the pan over to a cool burner.  The red bell will soften easily, so you do not allow it to cook on a burner at all.  Just add it and move the pan.

3.  Make this sauce:  http://www.food.com/recipe/all-purpose-stir-fry-sauce-brown-garlic-sauce-87748  Tip:  I found a big jar of already-minced garlic at Costco.  This is a god-send because there is no peeling and chopping.  

Time these 3 tasks so they are all going simultaneously and everything is ready pretty much at the same time.

I just made this sauce for the first time.  I enjoyed it thoroughly and am very, very pleased.  It is on-par with a high quality Chinese restaurant.

Enjoy!

P.S.  Add your meat of choice if you want.  Costco also sells a fully-cooked, vacuum-packed turkey breast.  I cut a couple of slices into smaller strips. It went beautifully with the stir-fry.  It was tasty and juicy, and the texture was yum, yum...

• Like 1

Sounds great Jeff............... :)    Perhaps you could make this dish and post photos to the group ?  Seeing the final outcome would be great ;).

Dtel, thanks for the garlic peeling trick....   I am going to give that a try !

........Gary

• Like 1