Are you kidding me!

XxCowboyxX

I seriously feel like at some point Klipsch has lied to me. I own the the "best" reference speaker made. The rf7ii. I found a good deal on craigslist for a pair of forte II with crites titanium tweeters for $375. I figured you know if anything ill have something for my computer room. I can not even explain how dissapointed I am. These speakers sound ungodly smoother and alive than my rf7iis. I'm really enjoying these speakers more than I could have ever imagined. I have had them for 4 days and can already tell you I'm not letting them go. Some of the best money I have ever spent.

You own the best reference speaker made? They make a large variety of speakers so everyone can have the speaker they like best.Just because you have not auditioned other speakers that's your fault.......Most people try different speakers then decide on one that suits them best......not on a label.Just so you know the rf7ll is not the best reference speaker made, enjoy your Forte and relax.

LOL to the don't buy Khorns!

Each person has different needs and different ears, to my ears heratage and extended heratage are the best made. YMMV.

The Fort'es are great speakers (versioin 1 or 2), I listen to mine every day, they are part of the TV setup. 5.1 through a Yamaha AVR is our normal TV sound.

If you do not have good corners, don't buy Cornwalls either, same reason for Khorns!

I have not heard the RF-7 ll. Either the RF-7 ll sounds a lot different than the RF-7 or the Crites tweeters really do magic to the Forte because I can't say I prefer my Forte or Forte ll's over my RF-7s. Maybe it's time for me to upgrade to Crites tweeters!

Best as in the top of the line reference speaker. As far as I know its the top. But this was m
ore of a wow post. Not a complaint.

I thought you said Klipsch lied to you?? The title of the thread?? obvious you were out to get a rise.You are saying the most expensive in the Klipsch ref II line?? That's a little different.You have been a member 8 years, you just discovered this ? What type Klipsch's have you owned before?

• Moderators

Ignorance is BLISS, isn't it Eldon?

It can be if you let it, it's my new goal [:P] Don't worry...[8][8][8]...... be happy

I try to be bliss, now that I am getting older it seems I can get away with more [Y] It's my new plan, more music, regular parties even by myself, [:|] and just have fun and do what i want........it seems to be working WELL so far ! [:P]

Kind of was my plan all my life but being a little older I'm getting better at it, all the practice I guess. [;)]

I was only 18 in 2004. Had promedia ultras as my first klipsch product. Then randomly came across a pair of klipsch tower speakers from a ffriend and picked tthem up. They didn't have labels but sounded ok from what I previously owned. from there I had rf52ii and rc52 as mains. Then went from there all the way to what's in my signature.

It's great you found a speaker pair you really like.That's the bottom line, now for the future you know to audition gear before spending your cash.

So true! What's that saying? "It takes a lot of money to figure out you don't need to spend a lot of money...." [:S]

Dennie [;)]

A similar thing happened to me when my brother gave me his '81 heresies that he hardly used. Had been running rf-7's. Hooked up the heresies with same material and sounded so much more real, natural, and dynamic. Ended up going downthe line and ending up with kihorns. No going back now. Also, if you like the Fortes wiat til you ry the Chorus'.

I seriously feel like at some point Klipsch has lied to me. I own the the "best" reference speaker made. The rf7ii. I found a good deal on craigslist for a pair of forte II with crites titanium tweeters for $375. I figured you know if anything ill have something for my computer room. I can not even explain how dissapointed I am. These speakers sound ungodly smoother and alive than my rf7iis. I'm really enjoying these speakers more than I could have ever imagined. I have had them for 4 days and can already tell you I'm not letting them go. Some of the best money I have ever spent.

Doesn't surprise me at all. I had three Reference Series RC7 across the front mains on the HT. A couple years later I came across a pair of Klipsch Chorus at an estate sale ~ 50 bucks, not perfect condition but good enough. My wife thought they were too large. For me they were larger than I cared for in that situation. But they are now the main L&R in the HT. And we don't have to turn up the sound as loud, can hear everything more easily, and much better sound coverage.