LoneLobo Motorcycle Wreck

Mallette

Umm..maybe we should encourage him to put more time and resources into stereo and vinyl...and a bit less on road motorcycling.

That wasn't the bike I meant. I meant the bicycle he rides daily and in every grueling ride he can get to that the trauma surgeon credited with providing him the cardiovascular system without which he wouldn't have survived.

As to the motorcyle, I am with you there but he's a hard headed sonfagun and will get back on that horse if he wants.

Dave

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I missed this thread, I need to check in here more often. I was similarly messed up in a moto wreck over four years ago. All is well (pretty much) now, I'll always have a Ducati limp but I'm still riding. I really appeciated the support I got here from Islander, Duke, Marvel and others here while I was rehabing. It is a long road with many major and minor setbacks so my heart goes out. I'm sure he'll be checking this thread out sooner or later so I'd like offer any insight I can to LoneLobo - just send a PM and we can talk. Talking on the phone to Islander and Duke gave a huge boost to my spirits when I was laid up - they are truly fine gentlemen (yes, even Duke) and I hope they know how much our chatting meant to me. So, I'd like to pay that forward if I can.

So, I'd like to pay that forward if I can.

Mark, you were out for a long time! I'm using one of the pics you took of your dog out for a morning run (looks like morning... ) for wallpaper on my pc at work. Reminds me of a Wyeth painting.

We all get a chance to pay it forward in one way or another.

Are you still making trips overseas?

Bruce

Sputnik, it's great to hear you're riding again. It sounds like your recovery, if not 100%, is still enough to get back to most of what you were doing.

As for LoneLobo, continued best wishes and prayers. I hope he winds up with both legs the same length, with both feet pointing in the proper direction. Orthopedic surgeons tend to be satisfied with making legs useable, not "nearly as good as new", even if the lengths don't match like they did before the injury, or the patient has a limp that could have been avoided.

It happened to Frank Zappa and it happened to me. Frank was badly injured when a fan shoved him off the stage and he fell onto the concrete floor of the orchestra pit. He mentioned it in the song Dancing Fool: "One of my legs is shorter than the other and both my feet's too long". He took a long time to recover and always had a limp after that.

• Moderators

It sounds like your recovery, if not 100%, is still enough to get back to most of what you were doing.

100%, Ron hasn't seen that in a few years [:o]

Sorry Ron couldn't help it [:$][;)]

Take your time and good luck. [{]

Well, having a fascinating discussion of what it's like to be dead with Ron as I write this. Suffice to say the surgery went even better than anticipated and he should be outta here in a few days.

We are working towards him doing rehad in Houston and staying with us.

More as it develops.

Dave

• Moderators

Dave,

I got the other updates from Elden. Just signed on for the first time and of course your last post pops up! [:D]

Of course, you can be expecting a phone call me soon! Tell Ron we all love him and are thinking about him![<:o)]

Well, time to let this one start to sink. I just got back from Dallas and this AM's doc visit consisted of "you are goofing off and taking up space in a busy hospital. If it wasn't Sunday I'd be working to get you out of here." Ron will be transfered to a resident rehab facility early in the week, just as soon as they decide where.

What a ride, and what great folks to ride through the valley with!

Hopefully, the lobomeister will post something on his own.

Dave

Well, time to let this one start to sink. I just got back from Dallas and this AM's doc visit consisted of "you are goofing off and taking up space in a busy hospital. If it wasn't Sunday I'd be working to get you out of here." Ron will be transfered to a resident rehab facility early in the week, just as soon as they decide where.

What a ride, and what great folks to ride through the valley with!

Hopefully, the lobomeister will post something on his own in the not too distant future.

Dave

Well, time to let this one start to sink.

PWK BS Button

Not fair we haven't had a chance to harass him yet or give him a hard time about rehab. [:'(]

Hopefully he'll be here himself once settled into rehab. As to where, that is undecided as far as I know. I'll post it as soon as I find out.

Dave

Ron should be settled in to Contiuum Rehab in Flower Mound, Texas by the time you see this.

While the past days have been very fuzzy for me and time was pretty hard to calculate, bear in mind he was quite dead for 26 minutes in the not too distant past.

I mean this seriously regardless of the appearance: B'Jesus, a miracle.

Dave

377 is a dangerous two lane road replaced by I35W as the north/south highway many years ago. I've spent a lot of time on it, and over the years it's developed a lot of feeders to urban sprawl areas and housing developments.

I traveled that route (I35 West) countless times on commutes between OK and TX. And there's no doubt, it can be a dangerous highway. Particularly the area between downtown Fort Worth and Denton.

Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery to your buddy Mallet.