Klipsch Heritage Series Owners Informal Poll

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own?

1978 Khorns

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker?

3. What is your current age?

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model?

The salesdude demoed a couple other speakers, I HAD TO HAVE THE KHORNS. Bass response was the main reason.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?

No room in this condo(minimum) for Khorns, so maybe La Scalas?

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?

?????

Another intereting question would have been are you a musician...

------------------

Andy

78 Khorns (20' apart!)

Audire Difet 3 Preamp

Adcom GFA 535 II

NAD 4130 Tuner

Marantz CD 63SE

Pioneer DV 434

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own? Currently own '85 K-horns, '98 Belles and ~'78 Hereseys.

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? 47

3. What is your current age? 47

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model? Sound quality. The K-horns and Belles, while lacking the bass weight of some other speakers, display a very real timbral truthfulness.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why? I might go for some "R" series if I wanted to do something in HT

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK? Absolutely!!

------------------

Transport: CEC TL-2X

DAC: Audiomat Maestro

Pre-amp: Wyetech Jade

Amps: Jeff Korneff 45

Interconects: Analysis Plus Solo Monocrystal

Speaker cable: Analysis Plus Solo Monocrystal

Power cords: CPCC Top Gun and Model 11

Line conditioner: CPCC Super Power Block

Equip Stand: Grand Prix Audio Monaco

Belle Klipsch, K-horns

'75 Heresy,'77 Klipschorns,'81 Cornwalls and 1 LF section of a La Scala, year unknown(new center channel)

First listened to a pair of '73 Klipschorns about 1977, love at first listen!

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?

New; RF-5 or RF-3 II. Have had the chance to listen to them a lot. While not a Heritage in sound, they are an excellent sounding speaker.

Used; KLF-20.

All of theses speakers are very musical, nice midrange.

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?

Yes, as a tribute to Paul, not to replace the Klipschorn. But then I believe it would be in a class of it's own.

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own? Cornwalls

dynamic sound; low power needed given high sensitivity

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why? Heresys for center and surrounds for Cornwall mains

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK? not enough info

'76 LaScala's '87 Khorns

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? 37

3. What is your current age? 38

To capture the sound that I heard 25 yrs ago, after listening to a pair of Cornwalls

A black LaScala for my center channel

Yes, No Doubt

------------------

HK AVR20 II

Toshiba DVD

32" Toshiba TV

Odyssey Stratos

1987 Khorns Mains

1976 LaScala's Rears

KV-1 Center

KSW-12 Sub

Two-Channel

Fisher 800C Receiver

1987 Khorns

Teac CDP

Pioneer TT

• 1 month later...

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own? 1985 Cornwall- CBR

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? 24

3. What is your current age? 41

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model? It was all I could afford at the time- $1200./pr.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why? Belle Klipsch, I love the way they look.

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK? Yes

Own Heresy's, want Klipschorn's

Price

Klipschorn's Why? Because they are still one of the best speakers in the world without considering the price.

I will wait to see/hear them before make an opinion!

2.gif

• 1 month later...

1. Owned Heresy's from 1974 to 1991. Want to own Klipschorns.

2. Age was 23

3. Current age 52

4. In 1974 all Klipsch speakers were Heritage. However the Heresy's were the only speakers I could accomodate in my living space and budget.

5. I currently own kg4's and love them! Would like to buy some Forte II's. The Fortes have an outstanding reputation, power and sound quality. Am toying with the idea of building a set of Khorns.

6. The Jubilee should absolutely be considered a Heritage.

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own? 1974 Heresy HDBR

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? 18

3. What is your current age? 18

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model? They are the best speakers I have heard, Heritage speakers that is.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why? LaScala. Not too big, not small at all. I just love them! I would ideally have two K-horns in the corners, a LaScala center and two Cornwall rear speakers. For front effects and side surrounds I would have Heresy's. I would not buy new, I want the REAL Heritage.

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK? Yes, Yes, Yes.

1.'81 Heresy mk1

2. 21.

3. 21.

4. The price and the old school cool factor. The sound, I have not yet heard many other Klipsch speakers, also the heresies actually fit in my apt w/o much trouble.

5. I would get whatever came my way, Cornwall, Heresy, LaScala and of course the Khorns(if I had some corners).

6. Sure, I mean why not?

Peace, Josh

Own Cornwalls (1974) purchased from their original owner

ca. 38

No particualr interest in/knowledge of modern Klipsch offerings

Klipschorns

I would assume that was the intention.

Currently own '87 Belles

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? 51

3. What is your current age? 51

I love Vintage Beauty.

Klipschorns - But I'd have to have a new house with a dedicated listening room with dedicated corners. I like there sound

Not familar with it - so I don't know.

I've owned '85 Cornwalls, and currently own '98 Klipschorns. I am deep into the EIGHTH month of waiting for an '02 ('03?) Belle Klipsch to be delivered by the factory, for use as a center channel speaker. I'm also monitoring the 'net for a nice, clean pair of oak/oil heresy II's for surround duty.

When I got the cornwalls, there was no Chorus yet, or I MIGHT have gotten it instead. I got the klipschorns because at that point in life, I new I'd never be satisfied with anything else.

see answer to #1 above.

Not really. I think it should be produced, but it should stand apart from the rest, as the pinnacle of PWK's designs. Not as part of the heritage line. How could a brand new design be called a "heritage" product?

UNSOLICITED COMMENT: I would love to see klipsch produce a sub specifically tailored for the heritage line, as mentioned by HDBR, i.e. matching finish and style, high sensitivity/output, etc. With a broad choice of custom finishes to match virtually any heritage system out there. I picture something like a shorter, deeper cornwall, with perhaps an 18" driver and a huge amp!!!

Excuse, a little late than never, new CP and Server....

Heresy ONLY please)owners answer the following questions:

Currently 93 Khorns, 00 La Scalas, 01 Hersey, 01 KLFC7, in 93 I had

a pair of Hersey on slant risers, later KG1 Sat speaker system.

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series

loudspeaker?

Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model?

No "ONE" reproduces a live recording like Klipsch.......

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch

speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?

Jubilee, can't answer, lets wait and seeeeeeeeeeeee.....

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was

also designed by PWK?

With out a doubt in my ex-military mind............

I am 60. I began purchasing Heritage Speakers several years ago. I have two Home Theater Music set-ups using Heritage speakers. One I use primarily for music ... cd's, sacd's, lp's,concert dvds, broadway musicals dvd's and tapes .... This system consists of 2 Klipschorns with ALK and Altec 511b mods; 4 LaScalas = 2 as surrounds and 2 as center w/ altec 511b mod and one as rear (6.1). Plan to get 3 more 511bs to make everything equal.

The second system is used mostly for high definition tv (HBO, Showtime & DVD - networks in 2003???) That system uses 4 LaScalas (one set w/ ALK crossovers)> One is used for center w/ a University Cobreflex midrange horn mod; the other as rear with University Cobreflex mod. Side surrounds are 2 Heresys.

----------------

On 5/30/2002 1:50:00 PM HDBRbuilder wrote:

1. Heresy's

2. 37

3. 57

4. I had always wanted Klipsch since the first time I heard Khorns. The K's were much to large and clearly out of my price range at the time. A associate purchased my Heresy's for his parents. They decided that they did not want them. They had very little use when I purchased them. I've only be able to realize the full potential of them recently when I upgraded my system. They are 20 years old and to my ears sound incredible. I now have the sound I have always dreamed of.

5. I would probably purchased Khorns, my only problem now is space to put them. But if ever I move to another house, the placement and room for a pair of Khorns will definitely be the deciding factor.

6. Be a part of the 'Heritage' line.