903 grams
13.5 mm thick
10.6" ClearType HD Display
larger battery
microSDXC, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort Video, 2x2 MIMO antennae
Touch Cover, Type Cover, Pen with Palm Block
VaporMg Case & Stand
64 GB, 128 GB

Any pricing mentioned? What about 3G or 4G connectivity? Who's network?

Yes... I'm an iPad owner and VERY happy with it.

That said I'd be tickled to move to a MS device that offers up a better experience at a lower price, both monthly and "out the door".

I doubt that they'll do it though. I would LOVE to be wrong about that.

Any pricing mentioned? What about 3G or 4G connectivity? Who's network?

Yes... I'm an iPad owner and VERY happy with it.

That said I'd be tickled to move to a MS device that offers up a better experience at a lower price, both monthly and "out the door".

I doubt that they'll do it though. I would LOVE to be wrong about that.

Nope they left everyone guessing time frame and pricing......sigh!

I have one of the betas of Win8 running as a virtual machine on my Mac at work. It is obviously geared to a 'touch' interface'. I realize things can change rapidly from this to the release version, but I just found the whole thing lacking. I realize that Apple is probably moving more in the same direction where the interfaces on all devices will be very, very similar, but I mostly use a desktop. Win7 performs very well, and is a lot more elegant than XP, but to each his own. I just don't like the 'panes' they are using in Win8.

Having started with CPM in the old days, I really like having more control over the way I do things... [:(]

Bruce

I just see so many folks jumping onthe tablet bandwagon, but look at how the majority of work is done, how data flow works, and still see most things done with a keyboard. Maybe I'm too old fashioned, but I don't see that really changing a whole lot.

Even though I hated WordPerfect, did you ever see someone who eally knew the program type. NO mouse, hands on the keyboard and FAST!

Even though I hated WordPerfect,

I loved it. REAL independent columns made it the choice for script writing and such back in the day. The DOS version would launch as fast as you would type "WP" and I wrote nearly 200 macros with pop up menus to customize if for storyboarding and scriptingwriting tasks. For similar reasons, the legal profession was the about the last holdout and they used WP well into the late 90s.

Word still doesn't have true non-snaking columns and trying to get it to the point I had WP back there in the late 80s for speed and convenience would not be possible...at least for me.

Dave

Heck, I can have the invoice printed out before a typical GUI system gets booted. Yes

Glad SOMEBODY still exists who understands just how badly computers perform the majority of common tasks FAR slower today than before Windoze.

Seems it was just too much trouble to remember to type "WP" at the command prompt...

Or whatever.

I used Software Carousel to paste between apps and multitask right before the iron boot came down, and it did 90% of what I do today while watching the Windoze "wait" cursor.

Ever wonder just what is going on when Windoze says "discovering items" before a copy or delete? THERE IS NOTHING TO DO! Just flip those digits in microseconds like we used to.

Sheesh "discovering..." [+o(]

Dave

Not to stray too far off topic but I really like W7. That said, my DOS and WP go back 20 years so I have all that history just sittiing there at my fingertips. So if a customer calls me from the 90s I can see the report, what I did, and what it cost. [Y] KEWL.

I am seeing this whole tablet craze as just a gimmick that will eventually pass. Sure, tablets have their places and are pretty convenient, but for me, at most, they will ever only be a toy. I could never imagine actually having to work on one.