The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

well not that big of a deal to you tas with the tv, but having a 16x9 screen and most action movies being 2.35, i enjoyed it being huge in my basement! and i read reviews on it before i watched it so i was not expecting stellar acting and a perfect story line. so i enjoyed it. was a good blind buy for sure.

I enjoyed the movie but, not nearly as much as Iron Man 3, STID, OHF or Oblivion. The PQ and sound was good also. I am not sure if this is one for my collection: I may have to rent it again since the HT was in transition and things were not optimaly setup in the basement. It would be fun to hear the LFE with the new sub added to the system.

Pacific Rim: 3.5 out of 5 stars.

3.5 on the story? Cause the movie got 5 out of 5 on AVS for audio and video and I agreed 100%. What an LFE monster

Probably on the story.

Lifting those huge machines with 8 helicopters? Give me a break... Those things are so slow you gotta hope that the enemy happens to attack where they are located, 'cos they won't reach another city before it gets destroyed. I would have made them fly, I guess.

Just a side note, of all the movies that I have, The Grey is the most demanding on the system and subs. I have Oblivion, OHF, Cloverfied, LOTR, and pretty much all the major ones with LFE. The plane crash seen is so intense and the LFE are off the hook! I ran it last night and it has produced the highest wattage/amp use to date on my system. This beat every other movie by 2-300 watts. The rest of the movie is OK but few LFE.

Just a side note, of all the movies that I have, The Grey is the most demanding on the system and subs. I have Oblivion, OHF, Cloverfied, LOTR, and pretty much all the major ones with LFE. The plane crash seen is so intense and the LFE are off the hook! I ran it last night and it has produced the highest wattage/amp use to date on my system. This beat every other movie by 2-300 watts. The rest of the movie is OK but few LFE.

Cool, we saw this in the theater when it first came out. I thought it was a decent movie and now that I hear this I'll have to add the Blu-ray to the collection! It's always good to find new demo material.

• 2 weeks later...

Is watching blue ray’s movies affects our eyes as well as our body....? Yes, my health has been affected by watching blue ray’s movies as they contains ultra violet ray’s which are harmful for us. I am using some measures to regain my health and the measures are showing good results.

See here additional info.

Funny man! Welcome to the forum!

The Man of Steel is excellent. I need to make it a 4.5/5. This was a refreshing recreation of superman and did not waste time on his childhood. The movie was clash, bang, boom all the way! I liked it better than the new Thor which is also very good. I will have to see The Dark World on Bluray since the theaters don't have great LFE.

White House Down.

The plot, plot devices and story were far less believable than even Pacific Rim :o . What a stupid, stupid movie. Even more inconceivable than OHF.

1 star on the story. Idiotic.

3.5 on the sound. Video I don't really pay that much attention to. As long as it looks good to me.

A few decent bass scenes, overall decent mix, nothing stood out good or bad.

Will be renting Pacific Rim this Friday. I saw it in 3D at the theater when first released so hopefully the 2d blu-ray won't be quite as dark.

Oh, and my RF62s should be in, so a nice way to test them out.

dead-man-down-us.jpg

Pleasantly surprised. :emotion-21: Improperly marketed as an "action thriller." :rolleyes: Has a subtle delivery very reminiscent of Drive or Crash, and a plot line similar to that of The Crow.

- Thought provoking

- Simple, yet emotional sound track

- Jumps right in at the beginning

- Very little if any spoon-feeding

• 2 weeks later...