Itunes right, right?

BBZink

Itunes music right, non transferable to your widow, is it true? Apple erase your account with your purchases, and did not give the permission to transfer your music to your kids or wife after you die?

Regards

I am not sure if you are asking a question here or not... I transfer ALL my iTunes music around ot multiple devices and over multiple computers. there is a limit, but I have not run up against that limit or been ablke to make a transfer.

I've even lost a HD and been able to get all my music back direcly from the iTunes store.

All my music is in match and all around, i am trying to stay legal here, so at the rate i buy music, mostly old jazz on Itunes, this music is hard to find, so often instead of nothing i go iTunes, fast and convenient, but at my rate, i invest a lot in music so in 40 years from now and a lot of cloud, it appears, it will be lost in the sky with me forever after i'm gone!

So i guess, like many others i did not read carefully the small sign!

thanks anyhow, now you confirm to me that it is true.

An easy problem to fix - when you die just leave your password to your wife or kids and Apple will never know!

Create an LLC and hold the membership interest in a trust of and hold the account in that name, then appoint trustees and managers, have annual meetings, keep you books, execute an agreement to transfer the LLC interest upon your passing...awe hell, just steal the music.

[:)]

An easy problem to fix - when you die just leave your password to your wife or kids and Apple will never know!

Create an LLC and hold the membership interest in a trust of and hold the account in that name, then appoint trustees and managers, have annual meetings, keep you books, execute an agreement to transfer the LLC interest upon your passing...awe hell, just steal the music.

Just checked. Long after the paradigm shifted, all my records are still in the closet. You don't "buy" anything from Itunes or any of these other crooks, you rent and do so at their pleasure.

I've never dropped a nickel on any of these scams and never will, thank you very much, as long as there are TANGIBLE music assets I can acquire.

Remember when the RIAA Gestapo had a royalty placed on blank CDs? I have purchased legally 99% of all the music I own, and the other 1% is stuff I wouldn't have paid for anyway. OTOH, I make copies and use as I see fit and do not feel even a bit guilty.

Dave

Just checked. Long after the paradigm shifted, all my records are still in the closet. You don't "buy" anything from Itunes or any of these other crooks, you rent and do so at their pleasure.

I've never dropped a nickel on any of these scams and never will, thank you very much, as long as there are TANGIBLE music assets I can acquire.

Remember when the RIAA Gestapo had a royalty placed on blank CDs? I have purchased legally 99% of all the music I own, and the other 1% is stuff I wouldn't have paid for anyway. OTOH, I make copies and use as I see fit and do not feel even a bit guilty.

Dave

Amen [Y]

I not only love listening to music, but am a bibliophile. When eBooks became available, I jumped on board. Instead of taking up more walls with bookshelves of books, suddenly, instant library on an iPad. But my kids kept asking, "Where are all of those great hardback books you used to pay full price for, or get on discount?" "On my iPad!" The eBooks versions were so much cheaper . . . But, the price creep began . . . Up, up, up, to the point, it costs me more for some eBooks, than if I kill a tree for the same hardback. My kids loved those hardbacks, read them, traded them in for others, etc. I figured somewhere along the way a system of eBooks would catch up where I could email the eBooks I paid full price for, while saving a rain forest. Uh, . . . Nope. Took me a while, but, basically, I was RENTING books for full price in an electronic format, unable to pass them on (save for a Kindle short-term book loan, when available) as a gift to share. What a scam! Now I have gone back to hard copies. And I don't keep them any longer than reading them. Rather than taking up valuable space on my iDevice, I get a great smile and thank you when I give a physical book away. And, I like using iTunes . . . AFTER I buy a great CD and rip a copy for myself.

No one will ever convince me that copying a CD I paid for and then giving the CD away violates "fair use," against which, not artists, but the parasite music label moguls have argued.

And I have to thank the labels execs and their lawyers themselves for reawakening me to hardbacks, CDs, and the joy of vinyl . . . And the satisfaction of passing on a physical version of artistic media to people I care for. That smile and thank you at that moment is a lot more satisfying than renting media at full price and pretending I have purchased anything. And, unless you are planning on dying soon, your rental only lasts as long as the most recent format. Sorry for stating the obvious . . . Just felt the need to vent.

I'm not sure that's right. Apple has lossless available on iTunes for importing stuff, but I'm no tso sure that the default isn't MP3. I reburned all my CDs to iTunes with Lossless specified. When I listen to them through my Squeezebox I am unable to discern a difference. HOWEVER....I don't possess a phenom CD player. I do posess very old ears and gear most guys here would scoff at....so there may be other issues at work. Check to make sure you downloaded it in lossless.

As far as the argument, I buy almost ALL my discs on AMZN. The only thing I'll download is something that I can't find or its so rare that the cost is beyond my reach.