Pickapeppa sauce over cream cheese. Anybody else like it?

JL Sargent

A good hot sauce on a cracker is one of my favorite things in the whole world.

I've been known to eat a sleeve (or two) of saltines topped with hot sauce and kosher salt in a single sitting.

It's been a while since I've had a bottle of PICKAPEPPER here. I guess I need to pick up a bottle on the next grocery run.

Thanks for the suggestion.

OK, I gotta have the relish recipe. I'll give up my pepper jelly recipe if I get it :)

There's no recipe. It's different each time. I fill a food processor up about 2/3 of the way with peppers. The rest is filled with garlic cloves till it's almost full. The rest of the processor is then filled with dried oregano. Let it mince till it's fairly fine and put the mixture in a bowl. Add salt (as a preservative). I normally lightly cover the mixture with it. Add olive oil to make it slightly wet. That's it.

EDIT: when I work with ghost peppers, I always wear disposable gloves. The chopped pepper fumes are pretty stout too.

Tried this in Laredo, TX while visiting my brother in law. Manchego cheese sliced, some hard chorizo sliced, fig preserves spread on, either just the three or on a Triscuit. Man 'o man was that a great appetizer. I would have never thought they would go together. I can find everything but the fig preserves up here in the North. I had to use Plum instead. Not as good though.

Another idea for cream cheese and Triscuits is a can of the tiny shrimp and some cocktail sauce. Drain the can of tiny shrimp, mix them in a bowl with a good amount of cocktail sauce. Then pour it over the block of cream cheese, dig in with some good crackers. Yum.