The Ten Commandments not on TV tonight???

Mighty Favog

"on the ten commandments being fiction, so they are the ten suggestions? "

In the work of fiction referred to as 'The Bible' there are over 600 commandments. In three different sections they are carved in stone. My favorite is " Do not seethe a kid in his mother's milk" (Deuteronomy 14:21).

I thought this thread was about a movie? The Bible is fiction?, I always heard it was gospel, thanks for heads up. I'll be sure to tell everyone I know you said so....I know they'll rethink the whole notion, lol. I was almost convinced Jesus really walked the Earth, I feel like such a sucker.......

I watched The Bible, and found it very interesting and well done. I thought it was the best of all the films of the genre I ever saw. I heard the stories many times but never saw the whole thing done quite so well. Certainly the greatest story ever told.

Not exactly Cecil B. Demille quality but very good . Heck they rolled through the story of The Ten Commandments in 50 minutes . A 70% saving in time over the classic .

"on the ten commandments being fiction, so they are the ten suggestions? "

In the work of fiction referred to as 'The Bible' there are over 600 commandments. In three different sections they are carved in stone. My favorite is " Do not seethe a kid in his mother's milk" (Deuteronomy 14:21).

I thought this thread was about a movie? The Bible is fiction?, I always heard it was gospel, thanks for heads up. I'll be sure to tell everyone I know you said so....I know they'll rethink the whole notion, lol. I was almost convinced Jesus really walked the Earth, I feel like such a sucker.......

Watching Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter may also leave some with the impression that Lincoln walked the Earth, but also with the impression that he hunted vampires.

As for Daddy Dee's two cited "non-fiction" titles, I have read the former, and am familiar with the latter, and can say with some veracity that there is a good deal of speculation and unconfirmed conclusions in both works.

"We do live by a calendar based on it!"

Others use a different calendar.

I see no evidence for the existence for any gods, but I cannot prove their non-existence either.

That is a true belief for many. On the other hand, I cannot see the wind, but I do know that it exists....

"We do live by a calendar based on it!"

Others use a different calendar.

I see no evidence for the existence for any gods, but I cannot prove their non-existence either.

Ah, another scientist in our midst... nice to know there are others out there [:D]

Pat Robertson - God's Miracles Only Come To The Credulous and Uneducated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfja-5JyAQQ

Pat Robertson's views may provide a welcome ladder for some and he is quoted often. However, personally, after having heard his views on "Alzheimer's and marriage," for what it is worth, he became less than creditable as a religious visionary and leader, in my opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ten_Commandments_(1956_film)#Television

According to Nielsen, ABC's annual rebroadcast of Cecil B. DeMille's The Ten Commandments (1956) pulled in 5.9 million viewers Saturday night. The religious epic, which stars Charlton Heston as Moses, has been a ratings winner for ABC every year since 1973 when the network first began its tradition of airing the classic over the Easter/Passover weekend.

Last year the re-broadcast won its timeslot. This year, it was beat by NCAA basketball.

Context is what makes this 5.9 million number even more impressive. The Ten Commandments is not only 57 years-old, but it is also not an obscure film. In 1973, if you wanted to watch Heston step down from Mount Sinai holding laws written by God on two stone tablets, you were forced to wait for ABC to air it.

But even after two decades-plus of being widely available on home video (VHS, DVD, Blu-ray), DeMille's 220-minute VistaVision extravaganza still pulls nearly ten-times as many viewers as that of the HBO phenom Girls which flopped in its season two finale with 600,000 viewers.

According to Nielsen, ABC's annual rebroadcast of Cecil B. DeMille's The Ten Commandments (1956) pulled in 5.9 million viewers Saturday night. The religious epic, which stars Charlton Heston as Moses, has been a ratings winner for ABC every year since 1973 when the network first began its tradition of airing the classic over the Easter/Passover weekend.

Last year the re-broadcast won its timeslot. This year, it was beat by NCAA basketball.

Context is what makes this 5.9 million number even more impressive. The Ten Commandments is not only 57 years-old, but it is also not an obscure film. In 1973, if you wanted to watch Heston step down from Mount Sinai holding laws written by God on two stone tablets, you were forced to wait for ABC to air it.

But even after two decades-plus of being widely available on home video (VHS, DVD, Blu-ray), DeMille's 220-minute VistaVision extravaganza still pulls nearly ten-times as many viewers as that of the HBO phenom Girls which flopped in its season two finale with 600,000 viewers.

I did hear that Jim Carrey was very much upset with Moses (Heston) for traveling around with a large wooden staff. He saw it as an assault weapon... [;)]

The "Quantum Mechanics" entanglement theory (has never been proven wrong) is making severe inroads into the ideas of life after death and the creation of the Universe from "Quantum particles" in a "Quantum Vacuum" . The concept of "No time involved" in the polarity changes of photons over large distances with no limits in the distance itself is very humbling. I told a preacher that recently visited me that if you want to find out how God does it learn Quantum Mechanics. They got "String Theory" to work with it and described how an object is deposited mathematically onto the center of a black hole sphere. It is deposited uniformly in particle form in two dimensions around the entire sphere of the black hole. This has now led to the belief that the entire Universe is a 3D holographic projection.

JJK