Would you shave her legs...

Coytee

With YOUR razor?!!!

Wife had a bad car wreck on Jan 1 of this year. Broke 17 bones, couple (small) in her spine, wiped out the car. Hitting a tree about 45/50 mph won't do that to you but, the sudden stop from hitting the tree will.

She's her fathers daughter and has an arthritic hip. Because of the car accident, decided to go ahead and do the replacement. After all, she's already met the deductible for this year!

Had hip surgery two weeks ago. I've been in TN helping her through it. Been home for two weeks, staying another two.

She's been on blood thinner because of the surgery, wantd to shave her legs. I said no way. Not only are her legs fine, I don't want to risk anything while she's on thinner. She asked if I'd shave her legs with my electric shaver.

You know I did and, didn't bat an eye.

Coytee, so glad you can be with our wife for her support.

I don't remember your posting on her accident before. So many don't survive an accident like that.

good idea not to use a razor while on blood thinner. Hope your wife has a quick recovery after surgery. prayers.

Richard: I had a total right hip replacement at the very end of May. I was off the walker at two weeks and off the cane about two weeks after that. I tried out my bicycle in early June just to see if I was able and was riding every day in by mid July. So now I do a morning up hill ride and an afternoon walk of about 3 miles. The hip is perfect the tissue will take time to heal and re establish itself and the excercise will make that happen faster. Swimming would be best but I don't like getting water up my nose. If you waterboard me I will tell you anything. I have this great 8.5 inch long scar but I don't expect your wife likes hers though. Good you are home the moral support is helpful. Make sure she does all her excercises, you can do them together walk the dog(s). Give her my best wishes and remind her lots of us getting these things done and she will be on the road to just like new vey shortly. Oh lots of hot and cold will stimulate the most blood flow and you don't want any blood pooling at the incession. It's a pita to do but will get the circulation working the fastest. Best regards Moray James.

Thanks all. I have not discussed this until now. In Addition to her wreck, her father passed away this year. If I weren't finger typing on her iPad, I'd go into more detail.

Jan first, wrecked her car. Her father was in ailing health so she stayed at his house so they could both be tended to by her sister and the nurse. He passes away later and she opted for the hip replacement. Been a busy year for her.

I've never taken four weeks from work, until now.

I've been her coach on rehab....til she tells me to shut up!!! Then, I'm only the assistant coach

• Moderators

Glad to hear she is doing well enough to even think about shaving after all of that. [Y]

But she must not be thinking clearly to have you do it, although she could have you practice on yours first.

Really just happy to hear she is OK.