Belle Build Finished

john toon

thanks all, It made a huge diff for a center channel, I was using a kv4 previously. Im not sure why klipsch discontinued them, they are a beautiful speaker.

The Belle Klipsch was most likely discontinued because the La Scala II is basically a Belle-styled La Scala, so the Belle itself became kind of redundant. Even so, it might have been good to have the two choices of shape, but maybe it was more cost-effective to build just the one hybrid-looking and good-sounding speaker.

John toon. You my friend pulled off what i thought would be impossible. I'm lost for words. Very well done! Their mint. I'v seen pics of your system/room before although never would have realized you hand built the center. Impressive :)

• Like 3

It is just beautiful. I am so impressed with people who have this talent. When I was having my basement redone I called a friend who is a contractor for an estimate. He gave me a price and then said, "But it will be 50% more if you start it as we both know I will have to tear it all out and start over again."

Edited by eth2
  • Like 1

well, I got the belles down to dads and I'm very impressed with how they sound. I think the belles are one of the most awesome looking speaker out there. it was a pretty fun build project too. dad is powering them with an onkyo 504. I think they were around 1500 for the pair to build. I got all the components from crites and installed an AA crossover in them but I would like to hear them with the ab-2 installed. all I need to do now is build two more for my rear channels and moce the forte II's to the shop. :)

• Like 2

Beautiful work!

Any pics of your K500 horn build?

here are a few more pics including the k500 horn build. this was probably the hardest part of the whole build process. I used a roll on bed liner for the black paint on the back.

IMG_0211.jpegIMG_2523.jpegIMG_3925.jpegIMG_8841.jpegIMG_0142.jpeg

Very well done.... I really appreciate the posting of these photo's... Thanks...

IMG_3925.jpeg

what material is that on those homemade horns?

do you get any resonance with flexible material like?

I used MDF. The thinner stuff is like MDF but its a little more flexible but still pretty tough to bend in that far. I wish I would have wrapped the horns with fiber glass to give them some added strength and be more presentable. no resonance problems.

Nice grain pattern on the Oak, the Belle clones look great.

Im pretty happy with the grain, just wish I could have matched the fronts of the cabinets a little better.

Edited by john toon