Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

I saw them on a TV show.  They age the peppers in barrels, of course exactly how is a secret, but I think it involves vinegar and salt.  Then process to remove solids before bottling.  The operation is so big now they have growers in central America and import the peppers.

38 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I saw them on a TV show.  They age the peppers in barrels, of course exactly how is a secret, but I think it involves vinegar and salt.  Then process to remove solids before bottling.  The operation is so big now they have growers in central America and import the peppers.

I may have seen the same thing.  They use salt from the salt dome the factory sits on to cover and seal the barrels as the mixture ages.

• Moderators

I have to admit, there was a big bowl of pretzel sticks to dip in all of the different flavors they make, to taste each one, I was there for a good while. One of my favorites was sweet and spicy, the two pepper jellies that had were good also.

I'm not crazy about the garlic flavor but I knew that already, we tried it awhile back, they also have odd things like flavored lollipops, ice cream and chocolate with Tabasco in it.  

We plan on going back, I did get a Tabasco thermometer for out in the bar.

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The operation is so big now they have growers in central America and import the peppers.

I was wondering about that since most of the grounds is now the plant and gardens. With that kind of production if nothing else I figured they were subbing out most of the growing.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

That sounds cool....

In our case usually hot, but I had thought about a thermometer for out there for a while, for no good reason. It doesn't help to know the number when you almost sweating while under a ceiling fan.  

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

In our case usually hot, but I had thought about a thermometer for out there for a while, for no good reason. It doesn't help to know the number when you almost sweating while under a ceiling fan.  

A little knowledge never hurts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

I was wondering about that since most of the grounds is now the plant and gardens. With that kind of production if nothing else I figured they were subbing out most of the growing.

Dtel, did you walk the gardens and grounds?  It absolutely beautiful. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Dtel, did you walk the gardens and grounds?  It absolutely beautiful. 

We only took the driving tour, it was raining off and on and the humidity was worse than normal. Rain then sun then steam repeatedly, plus we had to get back to Kevin's about 30 minutes away because people were coming over that evening and we need to smoke some pork loins for that night. We only stayed a few hours, one reason for wanting to go back, missed some of the videos along the tour and in the museum and we never tried the little restaurant either.

tabasco-39.JPG

tabasco-42.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

We only took the driving tour, it was raining off and on and the humidity was worse than normal. Rain then sun then steam repeatedly, plus we had to get back to Kevin's about 30 minutes away because people were coming over that evening and we need to smoke some pork loins for that night. We only stayed a few hours, one reason for wanting to go back, missed some of the videos along the tour and in the museum and we never tried the little restaurant either.

tabasco-39.JPG

tabasco-42.JPG

There's some amazing things to see there.   Next time allow yourself plenty of time to walk the entire grounds and bring the hand held guide with you.  You won't be sorry.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Schu said:

Not a great picture... just an old girl.

The title is misleading, it's more about the subject most of the time. Anyway I think it's a cool picture also, very unusual angle.