Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Guest srobak

Shot this yesterday at the Windy City Rib Fest in Chicago.  Liquid Soul performing... 

IMG_2828-BW-GrainyFilm.jpg

Edited by srobak
  • Like 5

Guest srobak

Don't know Liquid Soul, but they look like an appropriate number of people to carry the tune...

They gave birth to the acid-jazz genre back in the early-mid 90's & were nominated for a Grammy in 2000.  Based here in Chicago.  Think jazz, funk, fusion, soul, hip-hop and rock poured into a blender.  That's how every song is.  Sax & leader is Mars Williams of the Psychedelic Furs, The Waitresses and Extraordinary Popular Delusions.   Ignore the trance/techno/edm tracks on youtube done by a European DJ who stole their name & is facing lawsuits.  They played the Double Door every Sunday night for a number of years and are actually credited with having saved it from closing by packing the place on Sunday nights. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_Soul

(first track on their first CD)

Their rendition of Dizzy's "Salt Peanuts" was featured by the NFL some years ago:

Once past the intro, this is probably one of their "stabbiest" tracks

Lots more good stuff from them too. Almost everything on their first 3 albums was awesome. 

If you are ever in the Chicago area - come check them out. 

Edited by srobak
  • Like 1

A couple on moon photos at early dusk

I actually saw that aeroplane first and ran to get the camera, had no time so quickly snapped a photo on auto setting. To see it you need to expand photo #1

post-57741-0-75040000-1436620402_thumb.jpost-57741-0-98360000-1436620422_thumb.j

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 2

Parlophone, that's good stuff right there. Really like that one. We have a visitor here at the house this morning. Photo from my front door. Estimate it to be at least 7' long, a rat snake. Wouldn't dare kill it. Which photo is better?

Visitor_zpskh2a7iok.jpg

1M7A1014_zpscepxkejl.jpg

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 1

That snake looks dangerous, can it hurt humans?

Of course I like the first photo better because it is clearer. It shows the snake in its full and almost three-domensional :).

The most dangerous snake where I live is the long-nosed viper (Vipera ammodytes). If it bite man is usually dead within minutes.

• Like 1

Guest srobak

Photo I shot of Mars Williams of the Psychedelic Furs, Liquid Soul, Extraordinary Popular Delusions & The Waitresses.  Shot this on 1/1/11 during a Liquid Soul concert at the Double Door in Chicago. Only pchop was a slight sharpening.  Shot this with a very old, 4MP FinePix S5100 

Mars-williams-010111.jpg

• Like 3