Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Without implying Anything do controls in the car work completely opposite of their design After your electrical work?!?

Or did you have a recent stay at a Holiday Inn Express ?

Me - make an implication ?? -- Nah 

Drive 'em in, push 'em out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

Now for something totally different; Design Acoustics D12 speakers. They look like a soccer ball from a cubism painting. They have one woofer, one midrange and nine tweeters. I had just finished refurbishing them here and doing some testing. They do have stands, just had not mounted them yet.

The speakers in the center are Infinity Prelude MTS. The columns mount on top of the sub cabinets. My regular speakers are the little yellow Mark and Daniel Maximus Mini and the JBL C50 Olympus speakers with my custom horns.

if they do this...I will take them off

your hands !

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:21 AM, richieb said:

^^^^^

Yeah I've seen the Girls before. Certainly more competent than yours truly, at least one of them is, but no thanks. As chauvanist as this sounds they can work on their girly Mustangs and Camaros but give me an All Men's Garage to work on my Big Block Dodge Hemi. A Mans Machine --- 

Hey RichieB,

Do you own a 426 Hemi??

:)))))

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Hey RichieB,

Do you own a 426 Hemi??

:)))))

No Sir - a 440 Coronet when I was a kid and a 392 SRT today. In a short street race that damn 440 would give 426's all they could handle. Those were the days - we'd all be in jail today!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, richieb said:

No Sir - a 440 Coronet when I was a kid and a 392 SRT today. In a short street race that damn 440 would give 426's all they could handle. Those were the days - we'd all be in jail today!

I just don't think you should slam other guys girlie Camaros and Mustangs when you drive a want to be pretend Hemi that you never got your hands dirty on building, designing, or putting in the car.

Nothing personal, but there is a wanna be mechanic in this conversation, and it aint me!

I also am aware that factory aspirated 426 Hemis always lost drag races to the 440-6 pack cars, but were you aware that Chrysler geared up, tooled up, and actually built two 426 DOHC 4 valve Hemis because the 426 Hemi was more than 100 horsepower down on the Ford 427 SOHC and Pentastar knew they could not compete with the push rod 426 engine before NASCAR out lawed both engines from competition in 1964? This is the reason Pentastar boycotted NASCAR in 1965, until they introduced the new 426 street Hemi in 1966 and sold enough units to the public to qualify the engine for racing. Furthermore, after NASCAR allowed the 426 Chrysler allowed the 426 to compete in 1966, they said they would allow Ford to race the 427 SOHC engine that year but the Ford would have a weight penalty of 1 pound per cubic inch against the 426 Chrystler, so the Ford would have to race weighing in 425 pounds more than the Chrystler since a 427 Ford actually only displaces 425 inches.

See my avatar picture there? That is a "REAL" Hemi engine, and I didn't need a Company to send me one they built, or a stealership to work on it for me   ;)

Rog

• Like 1

^^^^^

Let me bow to your vehicular expertise and dominance. Maybe you should learn how to take and observe some good natured kidding like others did with my comment. Don't really know why I bothered answering as I could have predicted your standard answer. You're very predictable - and boring.

• Like 3

Carl.

No hatred or intimidation towards anyone meant really. Actually Carl, it was to early for Narcotic but they had worn off and my body was pissed at me. He probably was only joking, but he did beat his chest and infered something about Camaros and Mustangs not really being  a Mans car a Dirtmud even called it out and said I would jump all over that. Thanks Carl, I needed some understanding, but no olives is awfully ruff to take here, how bout I buy two and you only let me have one?? Sorry I missed your call last night I was narcotically dead to the world at the time. I need to ask you a question, are you too busy at work to take a call right now??

Rog

• Like 1