Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, Rxonmymind said:

Celebrating our tenth anniversary. Booked ourselves in at the Embassy and had no idea the room we were going to get. Daughter was SO happy with having a balcony. Me too!

USS Midway. God bless USA! WOOHOO.

IMG_20170810_000935.jpg

Congrats

1 hour ago, richieb said:

A Little Bit Odd. ?? Come on now how about some credit where credit is due. This CCC crew is Damn odd!!

Thank you...I guess I do fit in

1 hour ago, richieb said:

So finally its worth my while to play. The 190+- Million after taxes wasn't going to help my lifestyle all That much. Two hundred Mil - now that's a different story!

And I'll announce right here, right now that should I win I will Consider sponsoring one family of four to next years Pilgrimage.

All expenses paid for 4 days at the Hope Super 8 which includes all the breakfast and coffee you can tolerate. And of course valet parking and swimming privileges top off this fabulous Klipsch vacation package. A meet and greet with the Chief of all Boneheads Roy Delgado is also included Provided 1) the travel and fishing tournament schedule of said Bonehead has him in Hope, 2) he agrees, during this Klipsch Vacation Package. Travel expenses Excluded from this already generous and Super Deal. 

Aaanndd Good Luck ---

fine print -----

(restrictions apply to certain and particular forum members. If you need to ask then yes, it includes you)

If I don't win...I hope you do!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Less than a handful of the songs and/or musicians on that list can hold a candle to this 1971 released album alone, let alone the whole Led Zeppelin catalog.

IMG_0160.JPG

But the list is singles, for top 40 radio.  Plus look at the radio call sign, enough said.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Less than a handful of the songs and/or musicians on that list can hold a candle to this 1971 released album alone, let alone the whole Led Zeppelin catalog.

IMG_0160.JPG

don't know about that one..

they are far from heaviest rock band..did they put out some good albums..yea a few...but not the whole catalogue.. Black Sabbath takes that away..being heavy..

1971 was a killer year in music...

theirs a lot to choose from..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

don't know about that one..

they are far from heaviest rock band..did they put out some good albums..yea a few...but not the whole catalogue.. Black Sabbath takes that away..being heavy..

1971 was a killer year in music...

theirs a lot to choose from..

After agreeing there's a lot of great music from 1971, I diagree so strongly I don't know where to begin.   Forget labels, IMO, Led Zeppelin is in a completely higher league than Black Sabbath.  You and probably many others feel otherwise.

The diversity of opinions is part of what makes this Forum great.  Take our friend Marty, aka @thebes, who loathes the Beatles.  Of course he's mistaken, but we love him anyway.

I dread the time when reasonable people will debate the merits of various rap songs or "artists."  Generations have always panned the next generation's music, but this time we're right. ;)

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

After agreeing there's a lot of great music from 1971, I diagree so strongly I don't know where to begin.   Forget labels, IMO, Led Zeppelin is in a completely higher league than Black Sabbath.  You and probably many others feel otherwise.

The diversity of opinions is part of what makes this Forum great.  Take our friend Marty, aka @thebes, who loathes the Beatles.  Of course he's mistaken, but we love him anyway.

I dread the time when reasonable people will debate the merits of various rap songs or "artists."  Generations have always panned the next generation's music, but this time we're right. ;)

as long as it's no rap or crap..

yes I know it's a forum...and 

everyone has a opinion...

on what the best...

from 67-80 is the best music ever. 

rock or pop...maybe even disco..

when artist were artist that can sing

or play a instrument...or do both

simultaneously.....with out the aid

of autotune...

and whether you like the Beatles

or not...they have changed what

is listened too today...they set

the standard..of pop/rock as we know it...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

But, Led Zeppelin ripped off a bunch of artists to make their music.  Granted, they made it sound better than the original tracks, but where's the innovation?  Still like their tunes though.  As an example, there's lots of them...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/led-zeppelins-10-boldest-rip-offs-20160622

I have to debate with dirtmudd on the 80's cutoff.  There was plenty of good music after that.  Especially, when the 'grunge' sound hit up here.  I understand it's not for all, but still great music to lots of folks.  As far as rap, well, you know, I'm all about 50 cent, yo.

I forgot, I don't drink coffee, I don't know if I'm allowed here......

• Like 2

Just now, oldtimer said:

The innovation was in how they converted it into a rock sound that was nothing like anything before it.

I did say they made it sound better than the others.  I'm thinking of start to finish, creation to production.  That's all.  No slight on their abilities/movement of the masses.

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

And it's all child's play compared to jazz.  Bebop rules.

It's OK OT.  We still "..love you yeah, yeah, yeah...". 

• Like 1

Just now, ACV92 said:

I did say they made it sound better than the others.  I'm thinking of start to finish, creation to production.  That's all.  No slight on their abilities/movement of the masses.

Exactly.  But who ever did something entirely new, start to finish?  Certainly not the beatles, with all of their carnival and brass band sounds.  Most don't realize that art is always a culmination and expansion of what came before.  This is true of all art, from music to painting.  Everyone borrows from each other, and the best seem to put a twist on it that people latch onto.  Mozart did not start from scratch.  That's simply what art is.  There's no shame in it for sure, and there is certainly no legitimate criticism regarding lack of originality.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

But, Led Zeppelin ripped off a bunch of artists to make their music.  Granted, they made it sound better than the original tracks, but where's the innovation?  Still like their tunes though.  As an example, there's lots of them...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/led-zeppelins-10-boldest-rip-offs-20160622

I have to debate with dirtmudd on the 80's cutoff.  There was plenty of good music after that.  Especially, when the 'grunge' sound hit up here.  I understand it's not for all, but still great music to lots of folks.  As far as rap, well, you know, I'm all about 50 cent, yo.

you don't have to drink coffee..

name some post 80s rock or pop that has

song after song that is good...on one album...

it's few and far between..

you like rap so what...let me know when some of them can play an instrument 

but what I can tell you

body count kicks azzz..

seen them live..lollapollza..

that right they play insturments....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Exactly.  But who ever did something entirely new, start to finish?  Certainly not the beatles, with all of their carnival and brass band sounds.  Most don't realize that art is always a culmination and expansion of what came before.  This is true of all art, from music to painting.  Everyone borrows from each other, and the best seem to put a twist on it that people latch onto.  Mozart did not start from scratch.  That's simply what art is.  There's no shame in it for sure, and there is certainly no legitimate criticism regarding lack of originality.

Well put sir.  I agree that everything stems from something.  To me though, it impedes on the artist that sat and thought to create the lyrics, rhythm, obviously influenced by many factors, as to taking that experience and tweaking it.  It's all the same though, I suppose, considering order of events.  This conversation reminds of lyrics from 21 Pilots, "Stressed Out".  I like their music, but here's the relevant writing..

I wish I found some better sounds no one's ever heard
I wish I had a better voice that sang some better words
I wish I found some chords in an order that is new
I wish I didn't have to rhyme every time I sang

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

do you have cables..or drink cocktails...

• Like 2

Just now, dirtmudd said:

do you have cables..or drink cocktails...

Oh, I have cables.  An entire Rubbermaid tote full of them.  I just ordered 5 more, 4 Toslink, in different lenghts, and a 3.5mm to RCA at 12' for my laptop to stereo.  As far as cocktails, I'm enjoying one of a sort.  Colored water that comes from a silver can.  I do dabble in some Crown from time-to-time.

• Like 4