Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 hours ago, windashine said:

I haven't even opened the Woody Creek yet... 

I had a martini last night made with WC.  It was very good.  Probably not the best I've ever had but safely in the top 4 or 5 which is saying a lot.  Definitely a keeper and something I'd purchase again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Kid rings it up, $238 a fifth...  Said, "Mmmmm nope, stick w/the Green @ $70."   Geez Louise!  Seriously??? 

I'm sorry [and cheap].. $240/bottle.... a fifth... Can't be that good. Like the mega $$$ bottles of wine/vinegar. For folks that have more dollars than sense.

then ... I do drive a 30 year old beater car and roll my own cigarettes. My $$ are kinda precious. I splurge on good coffee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

. o O (morning thoughts) … I still wonder, from 50 year's ago... if my dad ever thought about what's wrong with that large bottle of Bourbon in his liquor cabinet behind the bar.... I mean, when we were 15 once, was our wisdom about concentration ratio's up to par with todays dilution experts....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I'm sorry [and cheap].. $240/bottle.... a fifth... Can't be that good. Like the mega $$$ bottles of wine/vinegar. For folks that have more dollars than sense.

then ... I do drive a 30 year old beater car and roll my own cigarettes. My $$ are kinda precious. I splurge on good coffee.

“and roll my own cigarettes”. I don’t find that surprising. And you still call them “cigarettes” — cute.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I've always had Johnnie Walker Black around here.  It's the only thing I ever drink for the most part.  Neat always and sometimes w/a glass of ice water on the side.  I bought a bottle of Green Label when I started my LS/system rebuild and it sat unopened on the coffee table with my PWK mug waiting on me to finish things up.  It's complete and so refreshing to hear.  IF I find things I've played in the evening sound great and I'm enjoying the vibe Johnnie is my reward.  Pour a lil in my mug and sit back and smile...  So yea, lots of smiling as I watch the bottle empty...  😭  Could break the bank actually but I'm smiling a lot!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

How's 'bout some $240K speakers then:)

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I'm sorry [and cheap].. $240/bottle.... a fifth...

Don't blame you at all, I don't need or want a drink that bad.

1 minute ago, babadono said:

How's 'bout some $240K speakers then:)

Same thing,  it cannot possibly sound however many times better than what I listen to to get up to 240K, impossible. 

1 hour ago, richieb said:

“and roll my own cigarettes”. I don’t find that surprising. And you still call them “cigarettes” — cute.

I can just picture the thin fuzzy WillyBob rolling his own, listening to LaScalas wearing a sarong, in the desert. And it wasn't pretty :unsure:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dtel said:

Don't blame you at all, I don't need or want a drink that bad.

Same thing,  it cannot possibly sound however many times better than what I listen to to get up to 240K, impossible. 

I can just picture the thin fuzzy WillyBob rolling his own, listening to LaScalas wearing a sarong, in the desert. And it wasn't pretty :unsure:

=== most men, in general, are not sarong worthy. And I picture a Leon Russell like  figure in a sarong, Thanks but no. Indeed the desert is best for such a spectacle. Even the rattlers would head for their rocks — 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

This is the klipsch forum, on your off day it's never too early to drink.   Nice looking project you got there.  Do tell. 

so far this Monday morning, since it's been raining all day... I've found a nice screwdriver, and spent about 30 minutes slowing turning it with two hands, one on the handle, the other around the screw-head for protection, and slip prevention... listening to the squeaking and creaking while slowing loosing and removing, noting the polarity of the unmarked 64 year old white speaker cable's... then placing it on the top of the Primavera finish over bubble wrap, which was preceded first by the well thought out plan to move the bottle of Woody Creek closer to the cabinet containing glassware... on which stage two is about to entail a tasting trial, because it's 5:00 somewhere…. I don't know how to explain this any further, I'm getting thirsty just trying lol..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

This is the klipsch forum, on your off day it's never too early to drink.   Nice looking project you got there.  Do tell. 

See, that may have more to do with the work part of what you said more than the off part.

I am off every day and surely don't want to spend each day drinking, that would be depressing and get very old. But some have a different attitude when it's just a day off.:emotion-19:

• Like 1