Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Go Canes 

Evenin' Jim, I'm thinking (along with our announcers on FSCR) that the refs are fed up with the caps tripping, hacking and all that. Maybe not the elbowing... did you see ovi and Carlson tag teaming McGinn with those big elbows behind their net? about 2:00 left in the third before ovi got booted from the ice.

 

*Saw a replay of the caps called back goal in the third. I'd swear gr8's shot went in before he pushed Mrazek!

The tide has turned with the bad officiating!

`Canes to the second round!!

Edited by JohnJ
*
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of game 7's in the first round.  Those boys are going to be tired.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell....I'm tired and I've just been pruning Azaleas for an hour.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're sounding like me, Chuck.  An hour of work, two hours  days of recovery

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

You're sounding like me, Chuck.  An hour of work, two hours  days of recovery

 

=== don’t let ‘Heel fool you Willy. I’ve seen him in action - he’s the epitome of “a mans mans” — 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do OK.

After an hour of golfing on my home course - it a rough/tall - I find myself leaning on the stick.  

  Last time out, I decided to wait a little before going at it again. The weeds are just starting to dry and getting tough to cut. Now, it's wait for them to dry.  Be able to put the whip sickle away and get the rake.  With all the rain we had over the fall/winter, dried weeds start getting called a "fire hazard". We won't see much for precip over the next couple months... plenty of sun, wind, high temps and low r/h

DO NOT voluntarily come to soAZ in June.  Prayers can take a while to be answered... we get all of the requests for warm, from the winter, in June.

 

My buddy has a lady friend.... just recent.  They are moved in... Asked me to give him a head's up before I come over. Asked him if a bolt of lightning and a thunderclap would be sufficient.

 

Listening to NorahJones "Come Away with Me"....   I swear I can hear my dad playing his bass on a couple of the tunes. Look at it [the bass] standing in the corner, and smile. Of course, he didn't.. The style and this little system.... so real/live sounding

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 10:41 AM, dirtmudd said:

 

 

 

Don't mess with the Easter bunny !

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol Mike

 

  looks like the lady had it under control.  That guy is lucky the rabbit distracted her and then the cops saved him.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

 

… o O (initial observation)…  cold = No way... no matter how many ph studies are performed....

2nd theory - the use of the un-news worthy statement in the article above, grasping the phrase "but so far, researchers can't confirm"

 

... o O (debate among the cocktail crowd) …. that chit better work

 

... o O (in conclusion, a summary granting the motion) hot.... black.... easy to make …. morning routine... no studies ….

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, windashine said:

 

… o O (initial observation)…  cold = No way... no matter how many ph studies are performed....

2nd theory - the use of the un-news worthy statement in the article above, grasping the phrase "but so far, researchers can't confirm"

 

... o O (debate among the cocktail crowd) …. that chit better work

 

... o O (in conclusion, a summary granting the motion) hot.... black.... easy to make …. morning routine... no studies ….

The real question is which end ?

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone. Being stuck at home is starting to get old. My shoulder seems to be healing, but I can't do much with it. I can get away for about an hour, then it's time to chill out and keep movement to a minimum. I was considering going to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for a tire test (28 teams are running all day) but that might be too much at this point. I'm down to about 1-2 painkillers per day, usually at night to help me sleep. I can sleep for 2-3 hours at a time, I just can't get comfortable.

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya haven't started watching soaps yet... that's a good sign.

The lack of good rest is worse than the pain for me. If I can sleep, I can be tolerable while I'm awake.  I get grumpy w/o sleep

 

   you started PT? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Ya haven't started watching soaps yet... that's a good sign.

The lack of good rest is worse than the pain for me. If I can sleep, I can be tolerable while I'm awake.  I get grumpy w/o sleep

 

   you started PT? 

It will be three weeks tomorrow since surgery. Last week I started a very basic therapy at home, slight arm and hand movements, just a couple of inches of movement for now. I MUST keep my upper arm and shoulder from any movement. I had repairs done to three different areas, torn tendons. It's amazing, your body will INSTANTLY let you know if you moved something too far. I wear a shoulder cast/sling called an Air Cast, it pumps ice water and air pressure all over my upper arm and shoulder. It helps a lot. When the pain starts, the Percocets don't do much 🙁 ....5-6 months recovery, 12 months to return to previous condition.

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

 🙁 ....5-6 months recovery, 12 months to return to previous condition.

Hate it for you Bill.

Had the experience of things being awful to worse for four years, to the point of finality. Be nice to your filter... it can hurt you. Hope for you that the improvements are great after this "phase" of recovery. That air cast sounds nice... a lot better than a frozen bag of corn or peas!

 

Can you hear the track noise form where you live? North side of town here the noise travels about ten or so miles, that's thirty miles from here. The Z-Max strip I've heard from I-85 at 70mph driving through one Sat. morning. *Actually going up hwy 49 to Concord when I was a kid we could see our neighbors car in one field of tens of thousands...Hemi-Orange Superbirds stood out!  Saw a race car fly out of there once, searching for who it was now. Daytona with the flat terrain especially at night the sound travels for miles and miles!

Edited by JohnJ
*
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

image.png.8bad3fa992f47e052d44cabf20f98862.png

I love it when someone knows. how to pour my coffee !

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JohnJ---if the canes (bunch of jerks) win tonight every wild card team will have advanced to the second round...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2019 at 10:20 PM, JohnJ said:

Evenin' Jim, I'm thinking (along with our announcers on FSCR) that the refs are fed up with the caps tripping, hacking and all that. Maybe not the elbowing... did you see ovi and Carlson tag teaming McGinn with those big elbows behind their net? about 2:00 left in the third before ovi got booted from the ice.

 

*Saw a replay of the caps called back goal in the third. I'd swear gr8's shot went in before he pushed Mrazek!

The tide has turned with the bad officiating!

`Canes to the second round!!

Good Luck tonight...... Go Islanders!!! Yes, Yes, YES

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...