Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Another vote for the Khorns. bluesboy built me two different clone LS pairs. One like original LS and the other a highly modded pair. Neither come close to his khorn based and modded speakers.

I talked to him on Sunday and remarked that we should have built Khorns and really couldn't remember why we didn't. I think it came down to not having good corners in the room.

Anyway.......trust your wife's ears Mark and congrats on your new toys

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 3

Sunday I was just running the scalas next to each other, ran my Spl/Db test all day into the night, they sounded great, but am I willing to tear into the ones I already set up for the cave? hummm.

Fired the set up again this morning really playing every genre I could find, cranked, I knew there was no way im going back to one pair of scalas.

Well, time to make them mobile, and done.

This winter I plan on the bracing in the LF, then refinish w/bedliner industrial coating. good shop/cave speakers.

mad man :D , did ya get the belles as wells :emotion-21:

Oh yes we got the Bells, after getting home and unloading the truck, the Bells were the first ones I fired up in the cave, wife heard them and said sell-em.

She is quite happy with her Khorns.

I did not think she would like the belles better than K-Horns, I personally dont know anyone who has preferred belle over K-Horn, Belles certainly have more WAF in appearance

you will make someone happy with them

Up to the time of picking up those Belles, iv never even seen a set before, much less heard them, I knew nothing of them, just they are one of the more preferred of the Heritage line, all I saw was a chance to do it, and then sell whatever we don't want. a little hassel doing all of this but I figure I only need to do it once.

One of the really cool things about it is the wife is very aware, this, "IS IT" as far as the Heritage klipsch goes, I left her to pick and live with her choice.

• Like 4

Yes minermark! very nice! if i could move into a home with khorns plug and play ready id be all in for it lol

The work you did to them is absolutely gorgeous and the time to set them up has payed off! very, very nice situation you have indeed! cheers!!!

• Like 1

The wife's old Chorus are on the Bay, and it's looking like the Bells will follow.

are you sure you can do it? I've never owned Belles; but, they always had a special interest to me … i think they are the most beautiful of all Klipsch speakers. i don't think i'd ever be able to part with them if i owned some.

• Like 3

Hey Chuck… hope all is well brother.

Doing ok Steve......life in the slow lane but no complaints. Lady friend OOT so thought I would surprise her by growing a beard and fore going hair cuts. Sort of the retired derelict look :mellow:

What is going on with the new guitar? Do you have it yet?

Another warm one on tap for today. Darn squirrel ate my first three ripe cherry tomatoes. I saw his fat *** on the patio :angry:

Time for the second cup....up way too early....like I have somewhere to go :mellow:

• Like 2

Hey Chuck… hope all is well brother.

Doing ok Steve......life in the slow lane but no complaints. Lady friend OOT so thought I would surprise her by growing a beard and fore going hair cuts. Sort of the retired derelict look :mellow:

What is going on with the new guitar? Do you have it yet?

Another warm one on tap for today. Darn squirrel ate my first three ripe cherry tomatoes. I saw his fat *** on the patio :angry:

Time for the second cup....up way too early....like I have somewhere to go :mellow:

guitar is supposed to arrive tomorrow. put on that tune Hair from the Cowsills and let it grow!

• Like 4

Morning gang, I really need to make the Duggans run today, ran out sunday.

I always figured by the time I retire id be living in a fully stocked Bunker.

The only thing iv got going is a great sounding Bunker, just saw we are low on coffee too.

Wake up to a nice lil email from the daughter, she is fine and reporting in from her "First Real Job"

Norwegian cruise lines :o

Where in the hell did I go wrong ? when I was her age, I already had a PBR under my belt and ended up on the Midway.

Can you imagine waking up to your fully expense paid job, and your ONLY job is to make sure people are partying ? :ohmy:

• Like 4

• Moderators
Another warm one on tap for today. Darn squirrel ate my first three ripe cherry tomatoes. I saw his fat *** on the patio

Squirrel stew?

That's what I was thinking, tomato fed squirrel, leave some corn out for the next week and he will be ready to go.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

• Moderators

The only thing iv got going is a great sounding Bunker, just saw we are low on coffee too.

That's serious, Duggans is one thing but no coffee is up to the next level of OH sheet.

Wake up to a nice lil email from the daughter, she is fine and reporting in from her "First Real Job"

Where in the hell did I go wrong ? when I was her age, I already had a PBR under my belt and ended up on the Midway.

Can you imagine waking up to your fully expense paid job, and your ONLY job is to make sure people are partying ? :ohmy:

You never went wrong, she watched dad and knows how important partying must be and found a perfect job ?

• Like 3

That's serious, Duggans is one thing but no coffee is up to the next level of OH sheet.

You never went wrong, she watched dad and knows how important partying must be and found a perfect job ?

She is a UC santa Barb Grad, last year, wife and I call her our own "Dr Larua".

• Like 2

Another warm one on tap for today. Darn squirrel ate my first three ripe cherry tomatoes. I saw his fat *** on the patio

Squirrel stew?

What I was thinking Taz.....but hate to clean those little suckers. Done it a time or two back when I use to hunt about 50 years ago :mellow:

• Like 1