Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hey there friends...........Well, I was surprised with all the likes for the coffee/donut photo.   Actually, Sportster, there are NO transfats in their recipe these days, yeah, there is fat, but the glazed have the LEAST amount of ingredients, and probably safer then the other offerings. 

As far as the coffee, well, I only get the DARK roast which it took YEARS to finally answer the call of patrons and make it available OTHER THEN ICED !!   They have been selling it by the bag for a long time.  So, I am happy that it is now available hot...   yes, it isn't boutique or Starbucks by any means, but in a pinch.... ;)

Speaking of that, there are some interesting advertisements where Dunkin is basically competing with Starbucks.  While up in Maine a few months back, I took a cool photo of a Starbucks AND D&D's right next to each other !!   I went across the street and both stores fill the image nicely ^_^  There is even a T shirt for sale in there shops, it reads,  "Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks!"  

Ok on the storm, it is all the rage on TV right now......  My buddy Pezz in RI and I are chatting via video Skype right now as I type, we both have tomorrow off as mentioned.   it is just light and wispy right now, light winds.  

Thanks to you all for your concerns for us here in New England, we appreciate it...

Ok, got to go start dinner and being looking out windows (in the dark :o )...

..gw

No problem with the fat its the sugar / carbs (diabetes does not like doughnuts)

• Like 1

Ok, understood. Yes Mach One, we have an Asian friend, and she always says to stay away from WHITE foods (0: But how can she not eat rice? As a near vegetarian here, I do up various rice dishes.......hmmmmmm Well, tonight it's cod cakes from Whole Foods and a veggie side dish of fresh zucchini, portabella mushrooms etc....

Off I go with wine glass in hand (0:

• Like 3

..Well, I was surprised with all the likes for the coffee/donut photo.

The 3 deadly white powders in our diet are   sugar-salt-flour   any/thing you/try  to eat that has this as an ingredient you will suffer......

I’d add Heroin to that list.  Yeah, i know -- shut up Steve.

• Like 3

Fjd ..... love the PWK pic. Who is the other gentleman? Thanks for sharing.

Jim Hunter

Jim Hunter, dtel got it.  It was a rough return ride right into the blizzard on the trip back in the "wayback" machine.  If there were not so many years apart, I would have thought maybe Jim and Aaron Kaufman of Gas Monkey fame were separated at birth. 

Jim Hunter - Aaron Kaufman 2.jpg

Jim Hunter - Aaron Kaufman.jpg

post-36163-0-11420000-1422329858_thumb.j

post-36163-0-44860000-1422330819_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 4

Good snow storm morning my friends! All roads still closed, and I just took this with a strong gust of winds blowing though the yard.

More storm to come according to the local live TV broadcast from our NBC affiliate station... Funny thing is, with all the wind, the snow is just blowing around and not sticking on much... 15 degrees so it's cold, cozy 72 in the house and about to pour some fresh brew.. more photos to follow (0:image.jpg1_38.jpg

• Like 5

Ok, a coffee photo... Just poured the Starbuck French Roast. These mugs were sold at our 20th reunion concert for my 80ies rock band which occurred in 2005.... (0: There has been much talk for having another one, but, it can get expensive having to fly in from around the country for rehearsals and such....

Ok, let's enjoy our brews of the morning shall we ?

;0)image.jpg1_39.jpg

Morning Gang

Well i made it to 1am last night, 99% of my parts are in and sitting here.

Been working on the boat "Button of last Resort" Device.

Looks like a tad bit of rain is due today, Storm back East looks to be working some of you gents over.

Hope you guys are stocked up for a few days.

Going for the second cup :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

• Like 1

Morning all, we got a dusting here in S. Maryland,  schools are closed. Joey and Jake are happy. Up till 4 am poking around looking for drivers for possible convert to linux Thinking that is on hold as I dont want to change my listening setup  :(

I need to find an older laptop and switch it over and see if I can get everything to work on it, maybe I can sneak Linux on the wifes  :ph34r:

• Like 3

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 27 Jan 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

eth2, on 27 Jan 2015 - 06:32 AM, said:

12 degrees.

Another day in paradise. God I love winter!

Me too.  We should have 75 today for a high.  I'll probably go for a nice walk after I eat lunch.

Close to that here sunny and mid 60's up to 70 for this weeks highs, and it's appreciated after watching the news. :)

• Like 2

Good late afternoon friends......

Well, since I played hooky from work today (storm done just windy now) I JUST poured the last Starbucks from the carafe and competed a brand new volume control upgrade to the pristine Dynaco PAS 2 (0;

Next to run down to Music Hall and give it a test.... The power supply will have to wait for another day, as that is here and ready for transplant... Here we go. image.jpg2_7.jpg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 5