Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 09 Feb 2015 - 1:01 PM, said:

muel, on 09 Feb 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

I tried some mesquite with some burgers last summer for the first time.  WHY did I not try that sooner?!  That is really good!

Ever try pecan?  Outstanding!

To crunchy for me

• Like 2

• Moderators

One match that I really like is Hickory with Turkey, it's not always easy to get, they have a good bit around here but everyone wants it, so I use a lot of Oak. 

Usually people with fields of Pecan trees have no problem with you picking up branches, Pecans trees loose a lot of branches and it just get's in there way. Haven't used pecan in a good while, need to get some and try it again. :emotion-21:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

Coffee has to be ground fresh. Packaged coffee you find in a supermarket or what have you usually sits around for waaaaay too long. I have been roasting and flavoring coffee for years and I sell online with the same user name as seen here.

I usually drink flavored coffee but when I want a treat, I go for Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. Definitely not a cheap choice.  Almost strange the way it grinds up, light and fluffy... almost like a powder. Don't be fooled by the sellers claiming they have it. Only two authorized sellers in North America and they sell for over $30 a pound each. Even for myself that invests in bulk purchase of coffee, that seems very steep. I usually enjoy a pot Sunday morning with my wife and drink regular flavored coffees the rest of the week. I make a pot of flavored coffee in the morning and share it with my wife when she leaves for work. Then I take the remaining cup and add creamer and sugar....then set it in the fridge to enjoy early in the afternoon. Yummo!

Edited by teaman
  • Like 3

• Moderators
How many of you guys have had Boudin with your coffee? It's awesome stuff!

Many years ago, but really I haven't found anything that it doesn't go with ? Although I haven't met a sausage I didn't like, from hot to sweet.   

• Like 3

• Moderators
As for almond, and pecan both are great with honey glazed ham.

Until last Christmas I had never tried smoking a cured ham, I needed it heated and cooked a little so I smoked it some thinking it couldn't hurt, it was good, better than expected.  

• Like 4

Morning gang.

The Melitta we're drinking isn't all that bad for pre-ground coffee.  I ordered 3 lbs of beans from a roaster in Houston yesterday and my wife picked up 2 lbs of Kona beans while she was out.  We should be set for a while!  The bags they all come in should keep the beans fresh but I really like to use them within 3 to 4 weeks after roasting.

• Like 3

Windy with sprinkles of rain ushering in a cold front.  Maybe in the teens by Saturday.  Coffee done but a third cup is in order.

Still waiting for the dac to arrive.  Painter is putting the second coat on the walls this morning.  House is chaos with everything out of place :wacko:

Watched a little of Better Call Saul last night but couldn't get into it.  Watched the first half of the Grammys Monday night and it reminded me of how old I'm getting.  The junk that passes for music.  Think Madonna is getting a little pudgy and needs elaborate props. The no talent Kanye's performance laughable.  Tom Jones sounded fine as did Tony Bennett and ELO. 

Buy your Powerball tickets guys and remember me when you win :D

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 6

Really like the aroma,smell of coffee. Not just brewed but the smell. Thinking there is a coffee incense or 2 out there. After a good smell, I usually make a cup lately. A little like a dog smells it's way through life.

Out of likes

Tom Jones sounded fine as did Tony Bennett and ELO.

Nancy does not care for Tom but I do. He had a show in the late 60's you may recall. Had other talent on like Arthur Brown,etc.

Tony is just a great phenomina, much like the Eveready Bunny. :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

Windy with sprinkles of rain ushering in a cold front.  Maybe in the teens by Saturday.  Coffee done but a third cup is in order.

Still waiting for the dac to arrive.  Painter is putting the second coat on the walls this morning.  House is chaos with everything out of place :wacko:

Watched a little of Better Call Saul last night but couldn't get into it.  Watched the first half of the Grammys Monday night and it reminded me of how old I'm getting.  The junk that passes for music.  Think Madonna is getting a little pudgy and needs elaborate props. The no talent Kanye's performance laughable.  Tom Jones sounded fine as did Tony Bennett and ELO. 

Buy your Powerball tickets guys and remember me when you win :D

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

If they didn't turn these performances into circus acts, they'd run the risk of people noticing they really can't sing and have no other significant talent.

Tony Bennett is another story. We saw him in Denver the summer before last. He may not have what he used to, but at his age Tony is incredible and far better than 99% of the performers on the current scene.

• Like 4

Really like the aroma,smell of coffee. Not just brewed but the smell. Thinking there is a coffee incense or 2 out there. After a good smell, I usually make a cup lately.

We tend to buy coffee flavored ice cream as well.

Like it too now that you mention. Maybe a fair analogy then, is a tobacco shop. Like to smell a nice tobacco. No cigar for me though, the taste could be nice. No wait, coffee cigars I wonder,lol!

Up at 5:30 this morning to snow blow the 1/4 mile long driveway. 7" of snow.

God I love winter.

Now that is wanting to use the driveway, to get out there with a snow shovel in your hands, that time of day.

I give up. Moving to Buffalo  to get healthy. A body, they say, can benefit from the cold by just existing in a colder environment.

Seven degrees sounds nice but, I am in Florida saying it ...ha ha :rolleyes:

• Like 3

• Moderators

A friend of our daughters gave her some coffee from where he works, a 2.5 pound bag of Dunkin Donuts original blend and a 3 pound can of Folgers classic roast.

I tried the Dunkin Donuts coffee and it's good but not nearly as strong as my usual Community, but it's coffee and I am cheap. :o Never tried the Folgers yet, it's next.

Been wanting to try different brands, and free is always good at the rate I go through coffee.

• Like 3