Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I am actually starting to like Mondays.

Are you off Tuesday and Wednesday?  If not, you're one twisted puppy.

Side bar.  I didn't realize till today that you could receive a "like" after a thread was locked.  I think I got 4 likes this morning after shutting one down.  I guess it needed locking.

• Like 5

• Moderators
So this is retirement. Last year dance lessons this year bike riding again, guitar, and Tai Chi Wonder how I ever found time for work

Work is overrated, enjoy yourself..........dance lessons, it's something I promised the wife when I get down to my correct weight, that's a longshot in my favor. :D

• Like 2

Well, this just sucks....had a doc appt. this am at 9, finished at 10, came out to the car, and had just a very light dusting of snow.  Nothing falling then.  Temp is about 28.  Went home, down to the basement office, back up two hours later, and we now have almost 2 inches on the ground, still coming down, roads are a mess...  Wife and I both have to go out later, not looking forward to that.  Time for another cup of Monsoon Malabar.

• Like 5

Early Evening cup of Coffee.

Wife got fleeced for her $60 bucks by the Indians, this would be normal, first time there this year.

Stopped by a local Pub, told-em it was her Birthday, drink(s) were on them, i just had coffee, so then i took her to another Pub, same thing, they bought hers and my coffee, ask her if she wanted to hit another? she was wasted :rolleyes:

Time for a Nap  :emotion-21: 

• Like 3

Morning gang, been down a couple days did not feel like doing anything. :angry:  I seem to go through spells now days, Off to the NC dmv to see what hoops I have to jump through to get my license. I went week b-4 last and got a photo Id and that turned out easier than expected so hopping the license will be the same..................read something on line about must have insurance or they put a restriction on the license stating can only drive fleet vehicles

Had a funny wrinkle on the lost wallet, apparently someone tried to contact my sister thru Facebook back on Feb. 26, I heard about it on march 20th forward my contact info to the person with no results....................thought it a bit odd as the person s name does not come up on facebook, and a google search gives 0 results as well, tried all the local police around her supposed area with no results about a turned in lost wallet :huh: 

Off to the DMV, wish me luck

Mark no Taco's for us today Jake woke up and stated he wants Chicken N Dumplings for dinner, thats in the crockpot as I type,

Anyone cook with a pressure cooker ??   If so where is a good place for recipes, or a good cook book ? 

• Like 4

Morning gang, been down a couple days did not feel like doing anything. :angry:  I seem to go through spells now days, Off to the NC dmv to see what hoops I have to jump through to get my license. I went week b-4 last and got a photo Id and that turned out easier than expected so hopping the license will be the same..................read something on line about must have insurance or they put a restriction on the license stating can only drive fleet vehicles

Had a funny wrinkle on the lost wallet, apparently someone tried to contact my sister thru Facebook back on Feb. 26, I heard about it on march 20th forward my contact info to the person with no results....................thought it a bit odd as the person s name does not come up on facebook, and a google search gives 0 results as well, tried all the local police around her supposed area with no results about a turned in lost wallet :huh:

Off to the DMV, wish me luck

Mark no Taco's for us today Jake woke up and stated he wants Chicken N Dumplings for dinner, thats in the crockpot as I type,

Anyone cook with a pressure cooker ??   If so where is a good place for recipes, or a good cook book ? 

Lost my wallet in Old sac town on a halloween bender some 6 years ago, just got it back through the mail at post office expense last year, looks like it sat in the post office for 5 years.

Growing up in Calif, we were always told when we found something like this, throw in in the nearest mail box.

Looks like someone did indeed do this with mine. 

• Like 5

Happy Tuesday gang. This retirement thing is not exciting but ya know I'm good with that. Biggest agenda item is painting our shed and getting it done before Colorado spring weather decides to attack. Baxter will assist. I did get a secondary system set up yesterday in my better half's girl cave. Had an old pair of Heresy II's which are now installed and sound great along with the a Marantz cdp and lower powered Marantz integrated amp. She'll have some good sound to go with her stained glass projects.

Back in a bit .... Cheers!!

• Like 4

Happy Tuesday gang. This retirement thing is not exciting but ya know I'm good with that. Biggest agenda item is painting our shed and getting it done before Colorado spring weather decides to attack. Baxter will assist. I did get a secondary system set up yesterday in my better half's girl cave. Had an old pair of Heresy II's which are now installed and sound great along with the a Marantz cdp and lower powered Marantz integrated amp. She'll have some good sound to go with her stained glass projects.

Back in a bit .... Cheers!!

The best thing i did for the wifes system was to give it a Pc feed, she loves finding her

"OWN" kind of music.

• Like 4

She'll have some good sound to go with her stained glass projects.

You should post pictures of her work.  I'm about the least artistic person you'll ever run across and really appreciate others talents.

Carl, I don't have pics of her work, but she does. I'll ask her to provide some and will do my best to post a couple. She has some beautiful stained glass work.

• Like 2

Back form the DMV and sure enough NC requires insurance on  your license.............................sounds like the state has a deal with the insurance industry..........................Not sure how they can generate a cost without a vehicle to base it on, but Geico says 400 a year.

Anyone else see a bank that has hours like 9 am till 1 pm, and 3 pm to 5 pm...........Truly an example of bankers hours  :D

• Like 3