Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Very nice work Carl.

Thanks Neil.  After the granite trim was installed, I didn't like the gap between the tile and the granite.  Monday I pulled the border tiles off and scraped the mortar off the concrete board.  Last night I cut new tile and this evening I re-set them.  That's why there's spacers in the pictures.

• Like 4

THANK YOU TARHEEL ... Chuck had our backs when he started this thread ...

Americans love coffee, and each sip of it may be lowering risk of early death for the 54 percent of adults who drink it every day. In a new study, researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health studied the benefits of both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee, and found both conferred a lower risk of dying from the leading causes of death in the United States.

"This study provides further evidence that moderate consumption of coffee may confer health benefits in terms of reducing premature death due to several diseases," the study’s senior author Frank Hu, a nutrition and epidemiology professor at Harvard, said in a press release. "These data support the 2015 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Report that concluded that 'moderate coffee consumption can be incorporated into a healthy dietary pattern.'"

• Like 9

Americans love coffee, and each sip of it may be lowering risk of early death for the 54 percent of adults who drink it every day, unless of course you live in Orange County. In a new study, researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health studied the benefits of both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee, and found both conferred a lower risk of dying from the leading causes of death in the United States, second only to Orange County .

"This study provides further evidence that moderate consumption of coffee may confer health benefits in terms of reducing premature death due to several diseases," the study’s senior author Frank Hu, a nutrition and epidemiology professor at Harvard, said in a press release. "These data support the 2015 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Report that concluded that 'moderate coffee consumption can be incorporated into a healthy dietary pattern with the exception of residents of Orange County'"

There, Fixed it for ya. ^ :)

Edited by minermark
  • Like 7

Evening Bigstew

Taking a breather from the electronics bench.

Saw you're coffee report and i see i can have some fun withg that one.

Bench work is complete on the voice chip, and after a little break here about to find some speech for Mr Gopher :emotion-21:

ironically, my heart was trippin out yesterday up in Arrowhead.  Came home early.  Talked to cardiologist today, she said it was probably a combination of the altitude and my asthma medicine and the cold temperature. Told her i was afraid to use my asthma inhaler now; but, she said to use it if i need to because that takes priority over an irregular heartbeat. maybe i’ll just add another cup of joe in the morning.

• Like 7

Evening Bigstew

Taking a breather from the electronics bench.

Saw you're coffee report and i see i can have some fun withg that one.

Bench work is complete on the voice chip, and after a little break here about to find some speech for Mr Gopher :emotion-21:

ironically, my heart was trippin out yesterday up in Arrowhead.  Came home early.  Talked to cardiologist today, she said it was probably a combination of the altitude and my asthma medicine and the cold temperature. Told her i was afraid to use my asthma inhaler now; but, she said to use it if i need to because that takes priority over an irregular heartbeat. maybe i’ll just add another cup of joe in the morning.

Yes, im aware of that, happening yesterday, saw the input from the other folks, that is enough.

Told ya sometime back, get the hell outta there, quit being there for other people, and be there for yourself, it's time.

Id consider you're arrowhead outing a warning, time to take care of yourself.

I come from this angle, because as you know, every one i knew, is dead.

post-57941-0-06560000-1447954165_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

Americans love coffee, and each sip of it may be lowering risk of early death for the 54 percent of adults who drink it every day. In a new study, researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health studied the benefits of both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee, and found both conferred a lower risk of dying from the leading causes of death in the United States.

"This study provides further evidence that moderate consumption of coffee may confer health benefits in terms of reducing premature death due to several diseases," the study’s senior author Frank Hu, a nutrition and epidemiology professor at Harvard, said in a press release. "These data support the 2015 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Report that concluded that 'moderate coffee consumption can be incorporated into a healthy dietary pattern.'"

Just trying to keep my buds healthy Steve. Hope you are feeling better!

• Like 6

Hey folks ... happy Thursday. Looks like I missed some good stuff yesterday afternoon.

Steve ...sounds like positive news and nothing too serious although experience tells me it really pays to stay on top of heart issues. Stay healthy, friend.

Carl ... beautiful work. Thank you for the pics and progress reports.

Planning a little side trip in a few days to meet up with our daughter. She'll be in the States for a week or so. Can't wait till they are back on a permanent basis.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 5

Good morning! It's 6 out this morning with about three inches of new snow - the extra 21 degrees over yesterday is really nice to have! A nice dark French roast to kick off the morning. Tarheel +1 on the thanks for keeping us focused on coffee - it's all about the health!

• Like 6

My kinda girl!

12196337_10205711742173005_6127629586598

Great Find Sarg!

Keep in mind im a follower of Dr.Kerston, @ Despair.com

Our Creed, The "It Could Be Worse" Senerio.

Seeing this Pic brings to mind the "It Could Be Worse" Quip.

When you have the thought, life cannot get any worse, "You Could Wake Up next To Momma June"

• Like 5