Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Happy Friday everyone. Picked up this all in one Philips music center for my office. It has a built in CD player, FM tuner and hard drive for music. It uses flat panel speakers with two built in subs. It won't replace a big system but it does very well filling my office with rich sound. I also like having a full function remote so I can control the system from my desk.

philips.jpg

• Like 7

Happy Friday everyone. Picked up this all in one Philips music center for my office. It has a built in CD player, FM tuner and hard drive for music. It uses flat panel speakers with two built in subs. It won't replace a big system but it does very well filling my office with rich sound. I also like having a full function remote so I can control the system from my desk.

philips.jpg

Great looking system, that is what i had in mind when i think office enviroment.

Dare i ask what the fate is of the old system?

• Like 6

Great looking system, that is what i had in mind when i think office enviroment.

Dare i ask what the fate is of the old system?

The rack of SAE gear is sitting in the sun room at my house. The pre started turning off by itself, so it needs some bench time. Not sure what I'll do with the system. I don't need it, I'm not using it and it's taking up room. It may be time to move it along to the next care taker.

• Like 8

Happy Friday Y'all

Not a thing Happening here, tested the boys Xmas present out this AM and it survived the shipping  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

Pulled the switch head off the ringer washer I am somewhat restoring for camper use, totally gummed up with 67 year old grease.  Soaking in a couple gallons of diesel as I type Hoping that will soften up the grease without peeling the original paint off, slap some new grease on the gears and get the wheels turning

Later

• Like 6

Afternoon gang

Being retired is one thing, Feeling retired is better, after a couple cups of coffee and

CCC thread this morning, went for a Nap, not EVEN coffee tells me what to do anymore.

Im thinkin a Costco Polish Dog and an IPA sound pretty good, second thought, make that in the morning.

Kind of waiting to see what is coming in today, china post suprises me daily.

Warmed to 70, amazing!

post-57941-0-53360000-1448050690_thumb.j

• Like 7

Woke to the season's first snow; a light dusting, but measurable accumulation is predicted over the weekend. After coffee, I'll gas up the snow blower.

The weather forecast for Columbus at game time, 3:30 PM EST, is high 40s with 15% precip; 100% at 6:00 PM. Our snow would be better for football than Ohio rain.

I'll be in front of the TV cheering for the Spartans, they'll need all the help they can get. Connor Cook's right shoulder is the big concern.

Enjoy the day. May all the gridiron gladiators play hard and safely.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 5

Sunny, windy, and a little cool. 

LF off to play tennis.  I'm going to the next county to eat bar-b-q with a couple of old geezers.  Tonight LF is having a little dinner party so I guess I'll have to find a pair of jeans without holes :mellow:   Tomorrow an early Thanksgiving with friends and their families.  Next Thursday a big feast at LF's cousins house.

So in other words I'm going to look like the Goodyear blimp by New Years.

Guess that's what January is for.....working out and dieting :wacko:  Or I could get a kilt with elastic waist band like Mark's.

LF is now out of her football pool thanks to the Bengals being upset. Kind of miss helping her make her picks.

Well enough about me.......what are you guys up to?

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 6

Morning gang...

1st cup well under way.....will roll out soon....we are all going to a church breakfast this morning. 

we usually go with my wife's parents, but they are sick this morning. They are really getting up in there age and the health problems are starting. They should be in assisted living... but dad refuses to move from there house. MY wife does all the cooking for them cuz mom has altzheimer's. Yea it's getting tough...  OK enough of that...

Might roll into the shop today..gotta work on my old F-250, trans fluid line leaking....it's a rusty old beast..

Tonight we are going to "Fogo de Chao" it's a Brazilian steak house. It's said to be the chitt... they walk around with big skewers of "MEAT" and carv it right at your plate. All kinds of meat, all you can eat. One of my buddies told me about this place a few years back. We had a new customer in the shop yesterday, and he was talking about these Brazilian steak house's...It was right before lunch when he was telling us about these places.....man I was starving....it sounded sooo good. So a bunch of us are going tonight..

Gotta roll.....wishing all a great weekend....

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Morning gang, coffee and Belgian waffles are in order.  We were snubbed by the weather witch on snow.  I was thinking today would be a great day to stay in and drink coffee.  Now I feel like I need to go do something.

8a7e595c0155001aa1571d311a7d9bcd.jpg

Wife is working most of the day, then around fours its off to mom's for dinner.  The kids are sleeping over and the wife is probably working, I need to find something to do.  Maybe a bottle of Templeton Rye this evening, in the craft room with the 2 channel rig.

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 6

Sunny, windy, and a little cool. 

LF off to play tennis.  I'm going to the next county to eat bar-b-q with a couple of old geezers.  Tonight LF is having a little dinner party so I guess I'll have to find a pair of jeans without holes :mellow:   Tomorrow an early Thanksgiving with friends and their families.  Next Thursday a big feast at LF's cousins house.

So in other words I'm going to look like the Goodyear blimp by New Years.

Guess that's what January is for.....working out and dieting :wacko:  Or I could get a kilt with elastic waist band like Mark's.

LF is now out of her football pool thanks to the Bengals being upset. Kind of miss helping her make her picks.

Well enough about me.......what are you guys up to?

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

This would be the season to put on our "Winter Coat".

Survived so far, we will do just fine.

Been waiting for Oyster stuffing for a friggin year :emotion-21:

Edited by minermark
  • Like 5

Morning Gang

41, feels like it, weather Nazis say, 31 next week.

90% of the leaves are still on all trees, there was NO FALL.

Fresh crushed beans and the Duggans are working well, coffee is perfect.

Costco Polish, as well as a little turkeyday shopping. i am liking their special beer packaging

Costco seems to have a special deal from brewers, four different types, in one case, $20bucks.

Will likely hit the Pub on the way home, our weekly flyby, games/pools need to be in order for the holidays.  

Today, keep in mind, "It Could Be Worse" you could be in Chicago or the Dakota's :o

post-57941-0-84200000-1448119069_thumb.j

• Like 5

Just wanted to give out a quick good morning and cheers to the gang. Didn't check in yesterday and have a bunch of likes to catch up on.

Nothing big brewing here ... just really cold with snow on the ground. The mountains got a bunch of it with as much as 18" of new powder. Great for the skiers.

Happy Saturday gang.

• Like 6

Gassed up the ~ 15 y/o Craftsman snowblower, which started on the first pull, Let's hope I don't need to start it for real this weekend.

Ive got a craftsman 2 stage, it needs a tune up and the primer bulb leaks. Its been like that for over two years, but still starts every year and works fine.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 8