Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good Tuesday morning.

Now for some Cable talk.  What a "duh" moment when my son laughed at me for using a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter to plug Sennheiser headphones into my Pono player.  I felt the fool when he spun the 1/4 plug off the end of the Sennheiser cable to reveal the 1/8 plug inside.

Removing the extra pieces opened up the soundstage.  The depth and dynamics were vastly improved.  Stereo separation was never better.  The electrons were now freed to flow unimpeded by the unnecessary adapters.

NOT.   But seriously, the sound was, of course, unchanged by the removal of the redundant pieces from the signal path.  Nonetheless, I had to wonder if any of my fellow passengers on the 16 hour flights to and from China felt pity for the poor fool with adapter overload.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, minermark said:

Morning Gents

53 and appears we have a three day rain event, starting now :huh:

Looks like a Dental meeting of some sort today.

Coffee perked and im ready for it.

Ya-All know what day it is......

201505_1049_ddfic_sm.jpg

74 here in central balloon knot ny...

KsuKNma.jpg

• Like 2

Pruning part two....all azaleas done.  Tomorrow on to the boxwoods:huh:  The new 60V hedge trimmer is light enough until you plug in the battery pack.  Then after three days of pruning you feel it.

Went to the beach for 3 hours with LF, who is from W. Virginia, where strangely enough they have no ocean:o  She loves the beach though having been here for the duration I can take it or leave it.   Today was special in that it is spring break and watching firm, college, buttocks gave me a whip lash:P  A slushie in a while should help.  Did I mention that during retirement you do not have to wait for cocktail hour?  Yep its true.

• Like 4