Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 minute ago, richieb said:

-- you mean the best toaster 'Heel found at Goodwill ?! One with less than 50,000 cycles if possible. And bottom plate crumbs no older than 5-7 years. Or even better one that was only used by Grandma on Sunday after church dinners. 

Bringing up Sunday---argghh.  I was driving last Sunday and the "Sunday drivers" were out in force.  It was awful.  Luckily I made it to my destination without property damage.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Bringing up Sunday---argghh.  I was driving last Sunday and the "Sunday drivers" were out in force.  It was awful.  Luckily I made it to my destination without property damage.

-- racing to Grandmas' most likely -- ?!? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

My home made sauces routinely take a little less than an hour to make.  The simmer all day is a Sicilian mother's myth, or at least not necessary...

I can only agree to a point.  Chili and spaghetti sauce improve with age. Like, the next day.

I soften my onions and peppers before putting the tomato products ... but the herbs need some time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

should gone multi-quote .. sorry

you would love the Sunday drivers here. They will park in the middle of the road to take pictures. Motorcycles screaming along. Bicyclists ...  the locals and BorderPatrol regular traffic. No school buses.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I can only agree to a point.  Chili and spaghetti sauce improve with age. Like, the next day.

I soften my onions and peppers before putting the tomato products ... but the herbs need some time

Use fresh, at the end.  Day after sauces and stews are awesome though.  But that is due to maceration time, not simmer time.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I'm smokin' an' drinkin' ... in the house

wife is gone for the day. I'm kickin'.  Music and all the bad stuff she don't like....

Pushed the hula hoe thru some of the weeds sprouting yesterday. That when I notices the little flowers on 'em and got the cam out.   The flowers on the carpetvine are tiny. 1/16in across and they take a pollinator.  A gnat of something, whatever it is.

dtel and tarheel will prolly give me stink eye for turning wild mustard under. That some spicy stuff. A leaf on a hot dog will cure all of its wrongs.

lambs' quarter is coming

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, richieb said:

--- yeah those bottled suaces are pretty remarkable. Open bottle, dump, heat, stir, serve -- eatin' good in the neighborhood. 

Yes, Newman's Own sauce is pretty good. I don't mind it, and my last name ends in a vowel :D

• Like 4