Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

16 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Forgot to mention, it is on Sleepy Hollow drive!!

Good Morning JJ ...you see , the last ten years I lived in a beautiful house , surounded by a forest , horse-cheep & cow medows, and a near by big lake ,  far far away from the civilisation , next neighbor was  1.700 f away , below the hill , where the house is placed, there was a riding stable , that´s it. The near by village had a population approx. 1000 citicans ,  a grocery store, a pharmacy, a doctor & dentist and a pub. W/out a car I would be lost ! Now I´m back living w/in the civilisation , that´s what I missed in the last years . Glad that these times are history now.  The human being is a herd animal

• Like 3

@MicroMara I put an offer in on the house today. Other houses on that street that are all downhill from there are 3, 000 to 5000 ft², I might get it for 10k less so that's what we are starting out with.

It's on a huge lake also. But with that one cove at the bottom of the hill there's no way it could ever get to where I am unless it is a Biblical thing!

• Like 5

Thanks guys, I'm expecting to have to do a little cleanup and then interior repaint prior to putting everything in.

I'll show you guys later but the tightly pulled knock down texture from the ceiling is also on all the walls. I can see getting a five of an off white and using a 3/8 inch lambswool cover so that I do not obscure it. Then watch the lighting for a few months before adding any rich colors or finishes that would work well in there.

Then that one tree I don't like!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Thanks guys, I'm expecting to have to do a little cleanup and then interior repaint prior to putting everything in.

I'll show you guys later but the tightly pulled knock down texture from the ceiling is also on all the walls. I can see getting a five of an off white and using a 3/8 inch lambswool cover so that I do not obscure it. Then watch the lighting for a few months before adding any rich colors or finishes that would work well in there.

Then that one tree I don't like!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I swear I don't know where you guys come up with some of the .gifs and other pictures you post!

Bad part is I think now the IRS will contact me after I've been trying to contact them about unearned income since March of this year.

• Haha 3

7.45 am here , 44 F , grey sky but no rain, will be a busy day today , got lo´t s things to manage in the city council, late afternoon I have to prepare a dinner for three , at 7 pm i get a visit from 2 ladies, i´ve known both of them for over 30 years, we are good friends but have rarely seen each other, this was not possible before.....Will be a nice evening ...

• Like 3

First it was @Invidiosulus and now it's @MicroMara?  You're up next @JohnJ cause I KNOW it's not gonna be me!  :)  Got @Tarheel in the hot tub and @grasshopper in the doghouse. .  Perfectly balanced.  Wait!  What about @KROCK & @dirtmudd?  Nah theyre smarter than that!  :)  Maybe!  😂  Wait! I forgot @the real Duke Spinner! I KNEW I forgot someone!

No leaf duty today but Robin Hood's out riding thru his forest getting more for the street so they can blow my way.  Think Imma gonna boycot it all next year then reseed in the spring.  I'm retired let 'em all blow like the rest of the hood.  

Been here 20 years and not once did Robin Hood have his trees trimmed.  Ditto for the kid next door.  Time to turn over a new leaf!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1