Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I'm feeling pretty good. I'll be glad when the androgen blocker shot finally wears off. I've probably got a few more months to go with that. Motivation is shot right now. I have lots of projects started and nothing finished.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I'm feeling pretty good. I'll be glad when the androgen blocker shot finally wears off. I've probably got a few more months to go with that. Motivation is shot right now. I have lots of projects started and nothing finished.

Aaahhh ...Whassa hurry ???

Projects will still be there next month. 🙃

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marvel said:

Welcome to the Club...the list just gets longer then you die with stuff not done. At least that's how I see it.

• Like 2

I'm learning about all of those loose ends not finished up lately.

First coat, most of the caulking, second on all the ceilings, not the walls yet. Plaster patch... not yet, sheetrock? ✔️ backer rod, tomorrow.

17 bushels of limbs, boughs and stick piled up in one spot?

"Yea Right"

Got the Gutter Guards cleaned off, literally mopped the windows this morning so I could see out for the first time in four days. To the dump... tomorrow!

Cleaned the BR, will buy CLR?

Tomorrow?

It's official. I'm a slacker, she's a slacker, he's a slacker, Wouldn't you like to be a slacker too! :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Mornin' all

I guess I'm gonna make a public appearance.  Purely coincidental ... but, ya know how that happens.

"Arivaca Days" is upon us. People come from around, to see us being normal.... and it just happens that I am out of coffee beans. So, I need to go to the store....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I need to go to the store....

Didn't you wear your sarong in there for the festival to get something last year?  😂 Turned a few heads?

Scuse me @JohnJ, I gotta change my mop head and slip outside to mop the condensation off my 19 windows here.  Wouldn't want the neighbors  to miss what I'm doing in here.  Well have at it Suzy homemaker! 

:)

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I drove by "the festival" ... looked like a bunch of vendors. 

..... the store was well stocked with fresh beans.... and I went home

... not to mention, they were charging admission. If I had walked over, I wouldn't have known this ... It rubbed me the wrong way, sorta. Like changing the animals to go to the zoo.

.... I kinda figure that I'm one of the people folks are coming to see ...LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Reminds me of the old Maine farmer who gets a wounded moose stuck in his barn.

He starts charging folks 25 cents to go in and see it up close.

A family pulls up out front in a station wagon and gets out to go see the moose.

The farmer looks them up and down and tells them they can go in for free.

”It’s worth more for my 

Moose to see your family than it is for your family to see my Moose.”

• Haha 5

On 1/28/2024 at 10:36 AM, grasshopper said:

they were charging admission

On 1/28/2024 at 10:36 AM, grasshopper said:

I kinda figure that I'm one of the people folks are coming to see ...LOL

Yea, I get that a lot too especially when I roll into "Jam Night."  That's free though and the guys can play so there's that.  The wimmen?  Depends on the moon I think.  Some nights are better than others but I just sit there and hold court at my table all chill like. 

Took a buddy we all know and love out with me one night.  Not too many there and all of a sudden I hear this "H3ll yea THAT's some Southern rock and roll."   Got a couple looks and smirks outta the guys playin wondering WHO the heck was sittin with me.  Can't remember if that was before or after that bourbon he had.  Funny none the less.   :)

Sooooo, pack the sarong next time you head East.  😂😎💪😂

• Like 2

Cannot stay long, near my GB limit on the cell tethering until the fifth of Feb. Should have internet tomorrow afternoon.

I went to the grocery store because I wanted some pimento cheese to go with the leftover celery, bread and grilled tomato/olive oil triscuits. Didn't want to make it with the white Cabot I have.

The best price I saw was $7.99 for 8oz. Did not even open that cooler. Walked up the backside of the Kroger where all the meat is.

I scored a pound of 80/20 Wagyu for .50 less than the cheese spread! Baby Portabellas on sale too, a sliver of smoked gouda for four bucks.

A cheesecake from NYC (believe me I've thrown out a whole pumpkin pie and a half pound cake from local brands here that were awful) hoping it's a good one and some fresh blackberries because the cherries did not look too good. No most of my cooking stuff is in storage... or maybe gone forever with my fifty years of everything that I could every need.

Pray my relative changes his heart.

Have some bread here already, this will be two excellent meals plus some leftovers!

Bookers True Barrel for later, bought over a year ago so the wax/plastic was brittle, two fingers last night, less tonight because I'll have a happy, full stomach.

• Like 2

No way in h that was lean wagu! Cooked 'em medium rare put the chives, the cheese, and a little bit of sea salt on them. Then a few shrooms some dukes on the toast, some limas and a couple of clausons pickles. I put the cleaned blackberries back in the fridge with that cheesecake it won't thaw out till tomorrow. So until then guys and gals. I'll put the pics up when I can do it without slowing my phone down seriously for the next week.

• Like 2

It's got to be pretty dead  in here if I'm making the last three consecutive posts over about a 24 hour period  :huh2:

Like I said👃, because I need my stuff PXL-20240130-235435779.jpg

PXL-20240130-235502053.jpg

PXL-20240131-000709860.jpg

Had almost the same tonight, except I will have some more of that cheesecake that I had earlier.

Anyhow it was not Kobe, so not total sacrilege. Man tonight's still had some pink but wasn't med-rare like last nights in the above picture. 

Pimento cheese in an 8oz container cost more???

lol.gif

• Like 4

Mornin JohnJ......didn't want you to think you were talking to yourself🙂  39 degrees and clear.  May warm up to mid 40's by LF's tennis session.

Just wondering how long this post Covid fatigue will last.  Don't have the energy to swat a fly!  No music and only a couple of drinks in the past month!  Guess I need to start shopping for old age homes😑

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Mornin JohnJ......didn't want you to think you were talking to yourself🙂  39 degrees and clear.  May warm up to mid 40's by LF's tennis session.

Just wondering how long this post Covid fatigue will last.  Don't have the energy to swat a fly!  No music and only a couple of drinks in the past month!  Guess I need to start shopping for old age homes😑

We’ve had covid at my house recently and I’m still feeling a little bit more tired than usual but not as bad as the first time I had it.

It’s 28° and clear here this morning and we are supposed to hit 55° this afternoon.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

We’ve had covid at my house recently and I’m still feeling a little bit more tired than usual but not as bad as the first time I had it.

It’s 28° and clear here this morning and we are supposed to hit 55° this afternoon.

• Like 2

We are not in a cold snap here, I learned about this new to me version of them a month ago! 30s to 50s this week, chance of snow was yesterday but it was in the 40s then.

And I've heard it does take a while to get over that crap guys!

Can you fight it like with oats in the morn along with a B vitiman supplement? I had one of those Kind 8g protein bars every morn so I could take my Rx's and supplements when I was mobile last year for five months. Thats their main ingredient.

Threw a couple leftover blackberries that have been in sugar for two days in my oatmeal a couple hours ago! I believe oats are the best carb if they even are?

Back to my natural-processed Colombian, only making 24 oz in the morn so it can last longer!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Guess I need to start shopping for old age homes😑

Seriously?  😂  That ain't happenin here.  I came into the world nekkie and I'll prolly head out the front door nekkie when my ticket gets punched.  I've got better things to do w/7-8k a month.  Here in Ohio that's the "elected officials" game.  Building those places and rapin wallets. I'm opting out! 

You're halfway there already.  Ya got the hot tub.  Just put the tennis court in out back,sit in that wheelchair in a vegatative state and smile.  Just put the lid on your "Stanley , Starbucks or gas station mugga" so  ya don't spill the coffee or bourbon when ya drop it.  I've got faith in ya brother.  Chill...  💪 😂

Do or die w/my coffee maker now.  EVERY time I brew a pot the CLEAN light comes on.  I've cleaned this thing about 5 times yet it continues.  In "Run it til it pukes" mode now. 

Haven't seen that @grasshopper lately.  Anyone check to see if he might have locked himself in the shed?  Maybe he got a job werkin on a food truck that was in town for the festival?  Awfulllllllll, quiet.  😂 

Duckburg has mid to high 40's and pushin 50's coming up.  Carry on.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2