Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, MKP'S BOSS said:

sorry dude.  thought that pic would start the weekend on a sweeter note.  lol.  i was hoping that i did not single-handedly shut down this long-standing thread.

THAT would be quite the accomplishment! 

Happy Friday everyone!  Enjoy some music and java!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

My gosh Dave, it looks like a bomb went off.  Why so much excavation?  Normally it's a trench for the lines, a hole for the tank and some trenches for the field lines.

The tank was buried pretty deep.  We have a two story with a DLB and the tank was 10-12 feet below ground, so was the trench for the leach field.  They started at 7:15am, dug up the old tank, replaced it with a 1500 gallon behemoth (five bedroom house requires that - it only had a 1250) and were out of there by 5p.  It was amazing.  They are the best in our area so it was comforting to know they were doing the work.

We bought this as a foreclosure four years ago.  Normally the septic system is in the back yard, we think the well guy got here first and just put it in where it was easiest for him so the well is in back.  House was built in '06 so it shouldn't have failed by now.  He thinks (since we suspect they grew weed) that the potential was they could have dumped their fertilizer down the drain which I'm told is tough on those tanks.  The house sat empty and the tank was full for two years, who knows?  It's done now! 

Let's hear it for emergency funds!

• Like 3

Planes,trains and automobiles.... Yes just came from the big city ofTally the AM and had a cup of Hazelwood and was happy to get it. Nan gone to si's so have cat and RF-3 duty. Anyway did not hook-up with old compadres local but, old haunt showed me a good time. Was good to see folks out and about and spin the famous whell for drinks. They ended up serving me a Lagunist-una? IPA had heard about on the local radio and was not disappointed that it was a bit hoppy. Got acquainted with a couple of vodka jello shots and from 2:PM till when closed I was set for a taco going on just ouside. Although not familiar with the internet radio, I made us proud...you betcha Tarheel. Will look back but hope all is swell with everyone and looking forwaed to my first sale from my mancave base located in neartown  Tally off of the list...

• Like 2

Just saying Poor Paul's Pourhouse took me back to alittle back when I drank a bit, No man, I used to love her but, its all over now...  It is a funplace James, gambling on drinking. When you buy they spin the wheel and you call the primary color.  What a hoot! When I used to bend an elbow, I won 3 pitchers of draft in a row... at least I recall, fwiw,lol.

Welcome anyone to join me. The wheel has changed however. Now you oay full price or reduced while you call no color and baristabob. Gasoline Alley is a serious good LP but you know that .Better than whatever".

As I like to say anyway, this or that. Gone cubs...HIP HIP

BTW, Please have Jake or Baxter pull a righteous gear for me...

• Like 4

15 hours ago, akdave said:

Oh - and here are a couple of pics from the septic system replacement at our place yesterday.  Won't be fun to write the check, but they were pros and my boys couldn't get enough of the show!

IMG_6284.JPG

IMG_6285.JPG

That's some septic field Dave.  Good shot of the munchkins too.

• Like 7