Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

That looks like a pair of Forte lll in the pile on the right?  Not even wet!

I would have been all over that or any other model, but no, I did see a many boats I would salvage if I lived down there. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, billybob said:

When you get to your destination, you feel like you have accomplished something.

That's the truth, as we got into Miami traffic slowed for about 15 minutes for a car accident. The road had a 35 MPH speed limit and the accident had a car upside down in the middle of the street, Richard the guy we were with says Welcome to Miami !

Seen a few motorcycles, my first thought was they must have a death wish in this traffic. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's the truth, as we got into Miami traffic slowed for about 15 minutes for a car accident. The road had a 35 MPH speed limit and the accident had a car upside down in the middle of the street, Richard the guy we were with says Welcome to Miami !

Seen a few motorcycles, my first thought was they must have a death wish in this traffic. 

Lol, yes a whole other world. A concrete jungle. Have not been that far down in years since visiting sister

in Homestead in the early 70's. She and her old man got out years ago.

When I fairly recently fancied myself a motorcycle rider again, had planned on using it for riding into Tally for work only. Would have faced some challenges with the weather at times, and the traffic. For a much smaller place than a Miami, has had its moments over the years trying to keep up with the growth. Sold it, as it was too worn out like myself. It was too heavy anyway.:emotion-21:

• Like 2

Yard has been dying. Took a sample in. Of course I have cinch bugs, scale AND fungus. $400 worth of cure to spread around the acre.

Swapping out incandescent recessed lighting that goes thru bulbs continually to LEDs; 10 done so far today.

Ordered factory cartons for the McIntosh MEN220 Room Perfect and MAC4100. Still up in air about selling both or keeping.

• Like 2

Get well Gia!  Hang in there Miguel.

A little puny myself.  7th day of a cold.....had to google how long colds last.

Suppose to go to LF's relatives for Thanksgiving dinner but will have to see.  Absolutely no energy and don't want to spread my germs around.

If I don't see you again today.........

574600_3700653326499_84288931_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, babadono said:
1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

Gia is sick with steel throat....

wtf...and she crying.... 

Mike, sorry to hear Gia is under the weather...hang tough Dad:emotion-21:

Carl beat me to it again.

Hope Gia feels better soon, you're a good dad. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Get well Gia!  Hang in there Miguel.

A little puny myself.  7th day of a cold.....had to google how long colds last.

Suppose to go to LF's relatives for Thanksgiving dinner but will have to see.  Absolutely no energy and don't want to spread my germs around.

If I don't see you again today.........

574600_3700653326499_84288931_n.jpg

Chuck you too ...get well soon !

• Like 3

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Swapping out incandescent recessed lighting that goes thru bulbs continually to LEDs; 10 done so far today.

Done the same thing awhile back, only switched out the bulbs that get the most use. The rest are fluorescent and now I have about 10 spares of those so the lesser used light will finish them off. You should see a difference in the electric bill, we did when we switched to fluorescent years ago. The good thing about any bulb other than incandescent is how long they last, with incandescent there is alway burned out bulbs weakly it seems.

• Like 3