Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

17 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Currently here it's the 36th Chamber of Shaolin, a good one.  Later is The One-Armed Swordsman, I recommend it if you haven't seen it.

Crap ... i don’t get it.  found the channel on Direct tv; but, it said to call them to order that channel.  Geez, i didn’t get the top tier package; but, i didn’t get the basic package either. oh well, YES Close to the Edge playing and Beat Bobby Flay on the television. plus, tons of texts from numbers that i don’t even recognize telling me Happy Thanksgiving and that they love me.  Just my luck, there are people that love me and i don’t know who they are. For some reason they don’t reply when i say “Thanks. I don’t know who this is; but, i probably love you too.”  I guess some things are best left a mystery.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

I have the commercial pasta machine imperial r220...as you can tell the little home one is front..

My grandparents are from off the 

boat....I'm like the heritage series klipsch...not the original..

IMG_20170303_150132_hdr.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving Mike ... you run those Marlboro through the pasta machine?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

that sucks  I wish that you could join me...or I was able to hang out with you ..if it wasn't for Gia I would not 

do any holidays...

thanks for the kind thoughts brother. i’ll be alright. Although some pasta does sound tasty--better than the Big Mac i just had :D

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

all four of those look delightful.  Never tried Weller. Talked to this lady from the place that makes Pappy Van Winkle ... she told me that some stores that they distribute to, don’t ever put the stuff on the shelves -- they just make it available to their “best customers.”  Some now are selling it via a lottery. She did advise against buying it from eBay or craig’s list as some of those are counterfeit. 

Guess I'm a good customer.  I have 2 different liquor stores that will call me when they get some.  It's not very often though.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

thanks for the kind thoughts brother. i’ll be alright. Although some pasta does sound tasty--better than the Big Mac i just had :D

Sounds like a new hobby, do a little cooking, it's not hard at all. 

Just got back home, went a mile away to my sister's house, she did most of the cooking this year since we have been gone for the last 2 weeks. I ate too much, as expected.  

Hope everyone had a good day. 

• Like 3

Alright @dirtmudd that's a nice one. The one we had was like your small one there. Had the starter stuff in the pantry and a worn smooth old piece of plywood to clamp onto the table. Best linguine I've ever had for those years. They were all Sicilians via Boston. Grateful for the good times, for sure. Also for the time shared by that absolute treasure of a  grandmother Mrs. Pulcinelli. She was one tough gal, all five feet of her. Insisted we freeze the pasta overnight before being able to consume it. Couldn't argue with the results

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

That is so not Italian.  The whole point of pasta is its shelf life at room temperature, and traditionally most people did not have a freezer.  What shouldn't be argued is using high quality pasta like DeCecco for results, assuming it is cooked correctly.  Ahh!  Just re-read your post....a Sicilian.  OK, not Italian, carry on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

We didn't make it every week. Had a small freezer, like a dorm sized beer fridge. Kept it full of that tasty homemade stuff. The regions over there must be different like we are here.

Very.  My relatives were adamant about it.  Personally, if it sounds good, it is good, just as if it tastes good, it is good.

• Like 5

Definitely @oldtimer, Olive Garden was a great place to eat when they made their own. It just tastes different like white eggs to brown eggs different.

Did you see that Miss State qb get his foot bent sideways a couple hours ago? They didn't play it over & over like they did the night Theisman got that compound fracture back in the 80s but man "ankle injury" officially?....... my a$5. That Fitzgerald kids leg was broken for his foot to be 90 degrees sideways.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Had a decent time over at the oyster chanp;s place. Sure as shootin' there was his latest trophy. Had a reasonable traditional and then a desert. Boy...ish figure intact.

and some coffee to top it off I thought. Was rainish abit and sweater feeling good all day around what his son calls the hobo fire. One shot of Amaretto, and later back at the hacienda. Figured Chuck would get a shot of that fox culprit. Good  boy Jake!

BTW, did get a 4 pack of PBR on the way back while FHP looked on.:emotion-44:

• Like 4