Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Cozumel, looking down the coast where we stayed the day, and looking the other direction. It's a great spot with hammocks under those palms to the right, tables and loungers, a full bar and restaurant under the thatch roofed building, great food and drinks. 

post-9700-0-84560000-1414514583_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-18480000-1414514606_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Morning gang

Nice and mellow on the west coast, fall is indeed here.

Everyone seems to be doing well.

Firewood stocked for winter, "C" Band big dish is coming along, it seems a lot has changed in 20+ years, Digital is the way now.

2D and 4D Tv requiring a new (addon) receiver is needed, will be looking into this.

Still have the "Wild Feeds" so all is well.

• Like 5

Hey guys, good morning. Looks like another great fall day here. Yesterday turned out well. Got some outdoor fall clean-up work done and also put a new cd player in the 2 channel system. Bought a demo Marantz CD6005 for 100 off from Music Direct. Really adds some depth and detail I didn't know we were missing. Will check back in later. Happy Wednesday and cheers. Chuck

• Like 4

• Moderators
Really adds some depth and detail I didn't know we were missing.

That's the biggest problem with this hobby, you don't know what your missing until you try something. You don't always notice a problem until you hear an improvement.

• Like 4

Really adds some depth and detail I didn't know we were missing.

That's the biggest problem with this hobby, you don't know what your missing until you try something. You don't always notice a problem until you hear an improvement.

You've got that right. As soon as I heard the improvement, I started thinking 'what if I'd spent just a little more' ....

• Like 3

LF and I went to the beach yesterday....took the critter.  Going to try to swim through the 15th of November.  She programmed my new TV remote for me while I showered.  Stir fry and salad for dinner.  More pumpkin cheese cake later.  She headed out this morning for tennis.  I'm meeting my two geezer friends for lunch and six more for dinner.  She is playing trivia with friends at a local watering hole tonight so we both have the night off.

Worked on the dead cherry tree but the chain is too dull.  Got to get a new one today.  Shop said it was cheaper to replace than sharpen :wacko:

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 4

She is playing trivia with friends at a local watering hole tonight so we both have the night off.

I love trivia.  sometimes I come up with answers that I have no idea how I knew the answer or how they got stuck in my brain.  My wife will ask me how I knew something and I normally have no idea where I'd heard it previously.

• Like 3

• Moderators
ChuckAb3, on 29 Oct 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

dtel, on 29 Oct 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

ChuckAb3, on 29 Oct 2014 - 08:01 AM, said: Really adds some depth and detail I didn't know we were missing.

You've got that right. As soon as I heard the improvement, I started thinking 'what if I'd spent just a little more' ....

That's the other side of the problem, the "what if's" can never end, well for me it always ends because of $, probably better off that way.

• Like 1

lovely pics

new chain worked wonders here...went swimming here in november...water warmer than brisk air at gulf

pumpkin cheesecake appropriate

thinking Mark found all in the clear in clarke belt if polar mounted or az/el

new cd player like having new needle

holding cat while typing :emotion-44::smile:

• Like 3

• Moderators
Worked on the dead cherry tree but the chain is too dull. Got to get a new one today. Shop said it was cheaper to replace than sharpen

I like to use one of those hand held round files for sharpening the chain, 5 minutes on occasion and it stays sharp, not as sharp as a new chain but it really makes changing the chains much less often. 

• Like 3

LF and I went to the beach yesterday....took the critter.  Going to try to swim through the 15th of November.  She programmed my new TV remote for me while I showered.  Stir fry and salad for dinner.  More pumpkin cheese cake later.  She headed out this morning for tennis.  I'm meeting my two geezer friends for lunch and six more for dinner.  She is playing trivia with friends at a local watering hole tonight so we both have the night off.

Worked on the dead cherry tree but the chain is too dull.  Got to get a new one today.  Shop said it was cheaper to replace than sharpen :wacko:

Don't know what size bar or chain you're running But I can sharpen a chain to cut better than new.   

I like those round ones too.  Not the best, but will certainly do a good job.  You should use the file type that the chain is made for.  For most of us that is the round one, most of the time.  I like to have a gauge as they are cheap and will keep your angle of cut on the tooth proper,    Unless your running a chisel bit, which I doubt.  The gauge will also allow you to keep the riders the right height which makes a lot of difference.  A good sharp chain will cut you quick as a knife without the saw.  I've made up a few chains from bulk chain.  

For filing the riders  you would want a file that is flat to the rider.  A flat file is easier to use for this, but not mandatory. 

:P

• Like 4

Went to Lowes and found the chain I needed for the Poulan Farm Hand 2775 with 2.8ci and 20" bar.  Made quick work of the cherry tree :)   Chain was 26$.

Rain and cooler this am.  Rain bird was so dry the irrigation system came on anyway.  Friday night (Halloween) down to 50 degrees. 

First night since October 1st not waking up with the LF.  She has already called to set up a lunch date for this morning.  Going to a financial seminar with her tonight.  The kind that feeds you a meal prior to their presentation.  Still have a $100 certificate to Ruth Chris from the last one two years ago :wacko:

So that's my story and I'm stickin to it!

• Like 5