Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning  gang.

It's friday, first cup tasting mighty fine.

Dialed in a nice clear pic of Cspan on C-Band satellite yesterday FINELY!

Three days of 20+ year old components, when you have four things wrong, it takes a wile to sort through them.

Bad LNB amp(s), Bad Receivers, mismatched focal distance and even a bad Sat Signal Finder device.

Tarheel appears to be enjoying the good life.

AKDave, you will keep warmer with a couple Nuggets in your pocket(s).

• Like 2

Right up the road JL.  During my working years I worked there one day a week.  A quaint and pretty town with the historic area adjacent to the water front.  They also filmed "Safe Haven" there.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Happy Friday, folks. I've been to Southport and Wilmington both. It was many moons ago and they were stops on the way to Bald Head island for a vacation. Beautiful country.

• Like 2

I have watched Cape Fear, the one with DeNiro. Is there such a place and is there anything to fear there?

Besides running out of coffee... :emotion-44:

Good news Mark! :smile:

Yes. And yes. Be afraid, VERY afraid!!

Thanks, I'll steer clear of there. Scared of big azz tatoos and the dudes(?) wearing such...

• Like 3

Picked these KP-320's up last night.  Cleaning them up with cup # 3.  Interesting design with 15" woofers and 12" down-firing passives installed on an angle in the bottom to reduce cabinet depth.

001_zpsdc380bcc.jpg

Very nice indeed....

• Like 1

50 degrees now and should warm to high 70s.  Saw lady friend off for her 9:00 tennis match.  Finished second cup and now off to walk Critter.  Making my way around the house cleaning windows inside and out.  Will do 5 or so today and finish up tomorrow. 

Life in the slow lane!

Halloween party Friday night.  Going as a surgeon.....scrubs, booties, mask. gloves, stethoscope.  LF has a sexy nurse outfit :emotion-25:

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 3

Morning folks, its been a bit since I have been down this way.  I have been out of town on business, and will be again next week.  It fells great to relax and drink coffee.  I have been spending some time on repairing my MC2100, which I think I am closing in on the problem.  Wonder how Dtels cruise is going.  Sounds like Tarheel has been hitting it off with his new lady friend.  Minermark has his latest TV creation up and running, I wonder what his next adventure is going to be.  Anyways I have a busy day ahead of me(which seems to be the norm for me anymore).  I still need to finish cleaning up the basement after the slight flooding, luckily the dirty stuff is cleaned its just now organizing and getting to where I can play the drums and listen to music. 

• Like 4

Good Saturday morning for you retirees.  Have to deal with a (hopefully) dead trapped skunk.  Why can't these varmints stay the hell away from my stuff.  They have the whole world to explore, but no, they have to mess around and destroy my stuff.   :mad:

• Like 3

Terminator Skunk was still alive.  Took three .22 rounds from about 35 feet.  They play opossum too.  Going to have nightmares that the hole is dug up and an 8 foot skunk on it's hind legs is going pay me a visit.  Will check the burial site before bed time tonight.  Don't like to kill wild animals, but when they cross the line and start destroying my stuff and are a threat to my dogs, it's time to go.  Not like you can put a trapped skunk in the trunk and re-locate it.

• Like 2

That's pretty much exactly what animal control here does.  Once they spray and they usually do right when the trap is sprung they have a reload period where they cant spray for quite awhile.  I'm not sure how far they have to be taken so they don't find their way back.  I had skunk traps in my yard one year because the neighbor had dogs and wanted to protect the dogs from the skunks and vice versa.  They got trapped at night then you'd call animal control the next day and they come pick them up.  The little stinkers were all pretty calm once they decided there was no escape and they would just look at you as if pleading to be let out.

• Like 1

Halloween party Friday night.  Going as a surgeon.....scrubs, booties, mask. gloves, stethoscope.  LF has a sexy nurse outfit :emotion-25:

I suspect that you may have to compete with all of those "Ebola containment suit" costumes (I suspect some will just be last year's re-purposed Breaking Bad Hazmat suits) for the most 'viral' costume (or was that virile?) of the year award. :ph34r2:

My girlfriend and I won a prize a couple of years ago for her sexy take on little red riding hood and I was the big bad wolf with a 'beatnik' twist.  We missed last year and are not sure yet what we will do this year.

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 2

Stupid pole cats!

Put up a Pole and play some slinky music.  12 gauge is much more effective then 22.  You don't want to give them any chance of getting you  in line with their business end.

As for Halloween tarheel might have a better chance at winning a prize if he were to dress up as a Sexy Female Nurse.  The Lady friend can be your patient.  You should be able to win if you so desire, and take it to extremes.

Edited by Taz
  • Like 3

Trying to toss back more then 2 cups, but for some reason I get through the second cup and just can't take it.  I think I am making it too strong.  I need to clean the basement, smoke some ribs, clean my aunts storage closet for her.  Maybe a nap is in order this morning. 

• Like 4