Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 31 Oct 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE, on 31 Oct 2014 - 08:33 AM, said: but when you guys change your Avatar.......it's like I don't know who it is

Agreed.  It takes a while for me to snap.

I like to take pics, I was changing my avatar every week and Amy got a little aggravated with me so I stopped, but I do like the monkey anyway.

• Like 3

I think my first avatar was a soccer ball as I played for about 38 years. My next one was a subwoofer driver.  When my buddy Adolph died I put him in my avatar as a tribute and he's been there ever since.

We should start a "What does your avatar mean" thread or "What avatars have you had" thread.

• Like 7

I think my first avatar was a soccer ball as I played for about 38 years. My next one was a subwoofer driver.  When my buddy Adolph died I put him in my avatar as a tribute and he's been there ever since.

We should start a "What does your avatar mean" thread or "What avatars have you had" thread.

Still a relative noob - and on my first avatar. Our Great Dane Ruben, with my wife's "senior statesman" (he's 17 now) Rudie. Gordon Setter/Newfie mix.

Happy Halloween everyone enjoy the day, enjoy the weekend!

PS - don't want to be a downer - just a reminder to hug the ones you love today! Our baby is three weeks old today and my father (age 64) is likely heading to heaven any day due to a very aggressive prostate cancer (that's everywhere & hospice is on the scene). Big swings on the emotion curve. I will miss calling him during football season and sharing "did you see that?!" moments. Grateful for a good dad and a good, Godly example of how to love people.

Seriously - have a wonderful day! ☕️

• Like 4

I'm sorry Dave....that is a rough time for all of you.  Ask any questions that you may have while you can.  There were many that came to mind when my wife Julia passed away that I wished I had asked. 

We are all pulling for you and for the best outcome for your dad! 

Chuck

• Like 5

Dave sorry for what you are going through. i feel for you as i’ve been there like many forum members have as well. lost my mom when i was 8…lost dad five months later.  got adopted and lost new Dad when i was 18. as i got older..it got harder.  if you’re the kind that likes to talk things out --do that.  i’ve been one to bottle things up and look at my avatar and you’ll see where that gets you.  sounds like you’ve had some good times with your Dad and eventually that will become a blessing. pain and sorrow are part of this life--i hope you have people in your life that are willing to share the burden with you and that you’ll let them. Let your Dad see you smile--not at the circumstance; but a smile of gratitude and love to him for the man that he’s been. I have to believe that will make these days a bit easier for him.  Kindest Regards my friend,

Steve

• Like 8

Great stuff everyone!  It's definitely the unpleasant part of the circle of life, but it is nice for the wonderful moments we've all been able to share these past few weeks and nothing will be left unsaid.  No regrets.  Just gratitude.  I know many here have been through this and much worse, thank you for the kind words. 

Edited by akdave
  • Like 3

• Moderators
It's definitely the unpleasant part of the circle of life, but it is nice for the wonderful moments we've all been able to share these past few weeks and nothing will be left unsaid. No regrets. Just gratitude

That's how it should be, very nice.

• Like 3

Morning coffee klatch buds.  Cool here and cloudy. 

Went to two Halloween parties last night.  Went in full doctor/surgeon regalia.  Made a name tag that announced me as Dr. Ben Dover.  Trish went as a sexy nurse!

Need to load some photos and I'll share some here.

Thinking about you and your family Dave.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 8