Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Cleaning more important than cooking.

I would agree!!! 

I once asked a girl that I was trying to discourage, if she knew how to use a dishwasher.  She responded 'sure' thinking I meant an automatic dishwashing machine. When I took her to my place I proceeded to show her the sink filled with dishes, soap and kitchen gloves.  With a great sense of humor, she laughed and proceeded to help.  I then saw her in a new light.   

I like my BBQ better than most women that I have met can do, and most of the time, their friends and family do too.  For the things that I can't cook well, I know of restaurants that can.

• Like 2

I married a Cajun girl that cooks crawfish cornbread, real seafood gumbo that starts with a roux in a cast iron pot, homemade clam chowder and oyster stew. Her spaghetti has homemade meatballs in it and her porkchops/rice/ and gravy are to die for. I can pay somebody to clean but I can't buy this kind of cooking at any restaurant! :D

• Like 5

• Moderators
I married a Cajun girl that cooks crawfish cornbread, real seafood gumbo that starts with a roux in a cast iron pot, homemade clam chowder and oyster stew. Her spaghetti has homemade meatballs in it and her porkchops/rice/ and gravy are to die for.

Wow I have never even met the lady and I think I'm in love ! :wub:

I can cook, and clean ( I don't like to clean), but there are some things I just can't do. 

• Like 3

Dang, nice looking bike there Jason!

Right now, I am looking at some 10 amp fuses for the fuse box. A couple were spent.

Thinking I need a new flasher too, a couple of bulbs for the front.

I may end up asking you a thing or two, if alright.

Maroon looks good!

Thanks!

Thank you,i will be happy to help where i can.

• Like 3

girlfriend was jealous of my man cave … she wanted a room all for herself.  I told her that i supported that 100% and i would even buy the first two pieces of equipment for “her” room.  She was so excited … until the store delivered the new washer & dryer.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 6

For filing the riders you would want a file that is flat to the rider. A flat file is easier to use for this, but not mandatory.

I once had a really old chain that had been sharpened many times so I filed down the riders a little. I didn't use a guide, and apparently took off a little to much, it was grabbing the wood so much you really had to hold on and apply no pressure when cutting. But being the cheap person I am I used it, it did cut like crazy but was a little tricky. Whenever I go to cut I usually pass the round file over it just to make sure it's sharp, the little files are cheap and work great.

You need to be careful with how you sharpen your chain.  Ex roommate had a saw kick back and up.  cut the nerves in his shoulder limiting use of that arm.   That said I have I have filed the riders down too far on a chain by not using the gauge.  Actually had to hold the saw up to keep it from grabbing.  This was on a saw I had run against my Grandfather's falling saw and smoked him.  He didn't take it to well.

• Like 3

Morning gang

Trick or treat day has arrived.

Must shop for a new Avatar.

Duggans stock up time, ran out this week.

Real rain expected for a change, just about trick or treat time.

Everyone seems to be doing well, no disasters is a good thing.

don't mean to barge in on your guys thread........but when you guys change your Avatar.......it's like I don't know who it is........the name is the same but the face is different......go ahead Mark bring it on :-)

On a side note I drink two cups of Dunkin Donuts coffee every morning......I buy whole beans and they are ground fresh every morning. My wife brings me my 1st cup to me in bed......I must be doing something right......

Happy Halloween to all :-)

• Like 5

Haunty Halloween!  The big bad wolf is going to blow my house down...and hopefully all the leaves.  30 mph gusting to 50.  Got some flurries that stuck to the cars and grass early morning.  Day 18 with not a drop of beer or booze due to gout flare up in left big toe/foot.  Needed to back off anyway.  Thought I would feel more energized but fall allergy season is winning.  Good luck with your surgical procedures tonight Tarheel.  Anyone else going to a costume party?  Is the cave going to crank some scary songs and noises tonight to frighten the trick or treater's Minermark?  Got to go for  :emotion-44: #3.  Tasting mighty fine this morning.   Have a great Halloween and weekend!  :emotion-14:   :emotion-29:

• Like 4