Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Wow...way cool.

Wish it were in Texas.

This one is not for sale, and out of my range.

Dave

That's amazing, very cool and different way of building, bet it sounds amazing.

" In essence, he hired a firm in Italy, Texas, to build a canvas balloon, then pour 900,000 pounds of concrete over it. The Aeolian Manor, Douglas calls the place. "

Those are amazing. Never played a pipe organ. This old rock n' roller, country guy would be overwhelmed, but I'd love to hear a classical musician play either or both of those. Thanks for posting. Chuck

I remember some E Power Biggs iv got somewhere in my collection, been a long time since iv heard that.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 4

I remember some E Power Biggs iv got somewhere in my collection, been a long time since iv that

Biggs was my hero.  I've a load of his albums.  Depending on the pressing, some of the "French Organ Music" albums have one of the earliest examples of a 32' pipe being present on vinyl.

Dave

• Like 4

Morning Gang

Up from odd sleeping/napping times, Major Dickinsons Blend/Duggans being consumed.

Better day so far, lite food poison, still feel it.

Minermark,

Not sure why you need heat in the garage with whatever you are using to power those monster speakers.

• Like 3

Minermark,

Not sure why you need heat in the garage with whatever you are using to power those monster speakers.

Morning Earl, long time, have not been running the rig much in the last two months, pizzing off a neighbor kind of thake the wind out of your sail.

Pizzing off the neighbor who in fact is the neighbor hood wacco (Meds) is quite another.

I gave him my number back when he complained, no biggie, however he has been calling me about every week and a half asking me about dogs barking, kid's yelling, and loud thumper cars.

Whats next airplanes?

Yeah this is a guy you dont want to mess with. (Wacked out Nam Vet on 40+ years of Meds).

• Like 4

Minermark,

Morning Earl, long time, have not been running the rig much in the last two months, pizzing off a neighbor kind of thake the wind out of your sail.

Pizzing off the neighbor who in fact is the neighbor hood wacco (Meds) is quite another.

I gave him my number back when he complained, no biggie, however he has been calling me about every week and a half asking me about dogs barking, kid's yelling, and loud thumper cars.

Whats next airplanes?

Yeah this is a guy you dont want to mess with. (Wacked out Nam Vet on 40+ years of Meds).

So urn up the volume and when he comes over say "What music??" You hear music?? There is no music!"

• Like 3

Minermark,

Whats next airplanes?

Used to know a Vietnam Vet.  He Lived next door to a friend out of town.  We went out one holiday and started shooting AK 47's and SKS's.  Making all kinds of noise.  I was told Ben did not have too good a night.  I didn't even think until I heard that.  

Another guy I used to work with when I was 18, had returned from Nam.  He was always real "Jumpy".  I walked up behind him while he was tending chipper. Took his safety line and gave it a jerk.  That guy tried to jump into the Sawmill Chipper.  Felt bad after I seen how much it shook me up.  Never did it again.  

I've worked with the older Vietnam Veterans and the younger Vets from the more current veterans.  I would never knowingly do anything to any of them!

:(

Edited by Taz
  • Like 4

Minermark,

Whats next airplanes?

Used to know a Vietnam Vet.  He Lived next door to a friend out of town.  We went out one holiday and started shooting AK 47's and SKS's.  Making all kinds of noise.  I was told Ben did not have too good a night.  I didn't even think until I heard that.  

Another guy I used to work with when I was 18, had returned from Nam.  He was always real "Jumpy".  I walked up behind him while he was tending chipper. Took his safety line and gave it a jerk.  That guy tried to jump into the Sawmill Chipper.  Felt bad after I seen how much it shook me up.  Never did it again.  

I've worked with the older Vietnam Veterans and the younger Vets from the more current veterans.  I would never knowingly do anything to any of them!

:(

I am a Nam Vet, this one fact does not help me dealing with/conversing with, any of them.

Frankly i was to stoned most of the time to remember if i had a hard time. likely a good thing.

Stoned or not, we did our job.

Let me tell you the gooks were the last thing i was worried about, we had a tiger jump on the boat one time, he did not last long but jeses h christ , i did not sleep for a week., PBR, rivers, and done.

And the wife wonders why i dont really care for going to the zoo :blink:

• Like 6

Happy Friday guys. Busy day for a change. Business this morning, try to get in some yardwork (winter coming on Monday, they say) and meet-up with some friends later this afternoon. 2 cups of coffee down already!! And ... they call this 'semi-retirement'. Right!!

• Like 3

The friend that relocated to Bemidji(?) Minnesota is at 28 degrees yesterday and is talking to me about the cold is different and sharp. The people there are laughing at him saying, you haven't seen nothing yet.

Semi-retired has a certain ring to it! :emotion-44:

• Like 4

Hey all, not much is going on at the shop. Kinda slow this week, it's 9:30 ........ me and the wife still at the house drinking coffee. Might work on one of my Suzuki Samura's today. I'm fixing one up to sell.

Yea I knew a bunch of Nam Vets when I was in the Army, most were OK guys but a few were not quite right....I was in a air med-vac unit and few of the pilots were NUTZ......

Well let me get off my lazy a$$ and do my one oil change.......my be those fools at the used car lot next to me might have something to do?

Take care all :-) Mark......

• Like 4

• Moderators
we had a tiger jump on the boat one time, he did not last long

Looking back years later you have to admit it sounds hilarious, considering you lived through it, and there were many other things to worry about killing you and out of nowhere this happens. :o  

• Like 4

• Moderators
I was in a air med-vac unit and few of the pilots were NUTZ......

That's for sure, many of the pilots after the war were the guys flying people back and forth to oil rigs in the Gulf. They loved to scare people, I was one of the scared ones at times and it made there day.

• Like 3

Costco trip with LF yesterday.  Bought Mayorga organic coffee beans.  Not bad at all.  Got the critter a large bag of Kirkland's low cal food.  I mix in cut green beans and he likes it.  Much less expensive than Taste Of The Wild dry food.

Breakfast with the buds and now house chores.  Just wet mopped all heart pine floors with Murphy's oil soap while doing a load of laundry :mellow:

Anyone hear from akdave about his dad?

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 5

Anyone hear from akdave about his dad?

Not I but we will be looking for anything.

Brother was drafted in 65 by 66 he was in Nam. Artillery FDC and CO driver. He talks about his time in Army more in recent years. He commented that, "They tried to kill me over there"! Night patrols in and out of perimeter.

He did not want me to have to go. I came close but no cigar. Draft lottery was kind to me.

• Like 3

Draft lottery was kind to me.

Same for me, I missed it by a couple of months if I remember correctly.

!-50 birthdates were chosen if I remember it correctly as well. Drew a 250 one year and cannot remember the other numbers.

Boot camp may have killed me :) before enemy had a chance!