Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

CECAA850, on 10 Nov 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

eth2, on 10 Nov 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

Guess it s different for women. If I received a bench saw, or a hydraulic car jack, I would be thrilled.

EXACTLY!

But it does not work that way, all you can do is try to learn from the mistakes, don't bother to figure it all out it's a waste of time.

If you are going to buy her anything with a power cord you are better off buying for yourself.  Such as I bought myself a washing machine one year for Christmas.  She does like it and uses it all the time with no complaints.  However I I'd bought her a washing machine, that would not be excusable.  Bought myself a cook book when we first got together.  First thing I told her was the book was mine, but if she wanted to use it, well OK.

• Like 4

Hey all, hope everyone is doing good. Just got back in the house from the school bus stop. Tuesday I get my two grandkids on the bus. My eldest daughter has to be at school early on tue.

Downing my 2nd cup and off to the shop. This week we are crazy busy, last week was crap.

I'll check-in later.

Wishing all a great day, and to my fellow vets a great day :-) .....Mark

• Like 4

Morning Gang

Dryer shopping today, last one lasted 20+ years.

Wife it seems has her own day off planned, a good thing.

Taco Tuesday, however we will NOT be eating the cheap Pub Tacos this time round.

The wife thinks clothes dryers are really expensive these days, (wonder who has been telling her that?) :ph34r: It could be a Grand +, meanwile placing the order for another Henry rifle.

New tires for the Cessna can wait, till April/June anyway.

Piped in gas when we bought the house 5 years back for her new gas stove, so gas Dryer is the order of the day. :emotion-21:

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

• Moderators
minermark, on 11 Nov 2014 - 10:05 AM, said: Dryer shopping today, last one lasted 20+ years.

Couldn't hold out to a birthday or anniversary or something ? :o   :lol:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

• Moderators

How could you know that, but your right, pretty fitting it's on Veterans day, not a military Veteran but a veteran of 36 years, don't tell my wife I said that. :ph34r:  :o  

Thank You

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

How could you know that, but your right, pretty fitting it's on Veterans day, not a military Veteran but a veteran of 36 years, don't tell my wife I said that.     

i'm the unofficial forum archivist for personal relationships. :P

oh, and Christy wrote a sappy (but very sweet) note on Facebook about your 36 years together.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I should have known facebook, never joined myself.

I think we should change your position to Official Archivist of Personal Relationships. You could answer many of the questions needing answers we have about women, it would be the longest thread on the forum, but without any definitive answers at all.(because there are none)  :emotion-21:

• Like 1

• Moderators

Congratulations Dave and Mrs. PAW, and your right many more to come for both of us with any luck.

Christy asked me yesterday what's the date ? I told her the 10th not even remembering today, she let me off really easy considering.

• Like 1

My wife has asked for steamers, and vacuums for Christmas before.  I thought it was a trap, but tested the water.  She loves things like that, I guess I am lucky.  Have a warm day folks, we went from 60 to 6 in 24 hours.  I have a 15 year plan, and in  the end its to move to Texas where it is warmer.

• Like 3

My wife has asked for steamers, and vacuums for Christmas before.

my wife is a compulsive vacuumer (two dogs and a cat that shed, a toddler, and an infant) and her dyson was the best purchase ever. expensive cost of entry, but i love them because they are extremely modular and all of the common parts which break or fail can be easily purchased and replaced. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE, on 11 Nov 2014 - 2:11 PM, said:

WOW.....36 and 20 years congrats to you guys.

Me and the wife did 21 years last month...........I forget what day......lol lol....we have been together 26 years.

For the last 16 years we have worked together in the shop.......we are together almost 24-7.....

Congratulations

We worked together everyday also for about the last 20+ years, people always asked how we did it, we never really had an answer, it just seemed normal ?

• Like 6

Morning gang, up a tad early.

Dryer problem solved, forgot Gas appliances cost more on the front end, $4bones is not to bad considering the "Other" ones that do everything except make the coffee in the morning.

All tough, salesman standing next to me, handling my questions, i ask about the Samsung for $1200, i point, this is a dryer?

He stated, yes, So what are all these computer controls all over this thing? what else does it do?

Dry cleans, steams, and drys clothes, and alerts your smart phone as to the progress.

Thanks sir, wrap up that Whirlpool over there, Friday delivery. :mellow:       

• Like 8