Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I was born in '63 so the draft was not a problem.

yea me two....

So back to this vacuum thing....we got a new Dyson Animal Compete a few weeks ago. Our old Dyson's handle and canister broke, it's still can be used so we took it to the shop. My wife uses it for the office. The old Dyson is about 9 years old and has done a good job for us. So we went with the Dyson again.

Well the vacuum duties are like this......our two daughters take care of the house while me and the wife are at the shop. They do a good job, but when we "really get down" with the cleaning me and the wife jump in. That's where I come in.......me and that Dyson ....."become one".......that Army training comes back in......attention to detail......I will dismantle stuff to clean it........and when it come to my stereo NOBODY touches it.

Back to the house garage again, cleaning out more junk.......

Take care all. Mark :-)

• Like 3

billybob the place wouldn't be the same without you :)  Glad you check in as often as you do!  

Mark I'm with you on cleaning my gear then again there is no one else here to do it.....except the critter. 

Back from lunch.....except they were still serving breakfast so I had breakfast.  Can't stop thinking about the 22 year old waitress that caught my eye.  A senior at UNC-W, from Rockingham, NC.  Long brunette hair woven in a braid, olive skin, and the whitest teeth and pretty smile :emotion-25: .  She works Thursday through Sunday....which coincidently will become my lunch days there. 

Yes guys I know I could have grand children that age.......sigh!

• Like 5

Morning gang, drop my dam coffee canister losing about 1/2 lb of ground coffee.  Now need to look for a new canister to store my coffee in.   I was up till 3 am, went to a local heavy metal show.  The first act stole the show.   Well off to the grocery store. 

• Like 6

Morning gang, drop my dam coffee canister losing about 1/2 lb of ground coffee.  Now need to look for a new canister to store my coffee in.   I was up till 3 am, went to a local heavy metal show.  The first act stole the show.   Well off to the grocery store. 

Ddduuuddeerrr mannng.  How many times do you have to drop and break things after a head banger show to learn your lesson?  The whole body vibrating to the beat, including the hands and fingers, it's hard to hang onto even the steering wheel....

The first act stole the show?  Were they that good or did the sound engineer forget to apply the opening act EQ? 

#ColterSpeak

Edited by blsamuel
  • Like 5

Morning gang, drop my dam coffee canister losing about 1/2 lb of ground coffee. Now need to look for a new canister to store my coffee in. I was up till 3 am, went to a local heavy metal show. The first act stole the show. Well off to the grocery store.

Ddduuuddeerrr mannng. How many times do you have to drop and break things after a head banger show to learn your lesson? The whole body vibrating to the beat, including the hands and fingers, it's hard to hang onto even the steering wheel....

The first act stole the show? Were they that good or did the sound engineer forget to apply the opening act EQ?

No they were that good.
  • Like 3

The wife and i as well as my invites usualy go to a starbucks after concerts in Frisco.

About two per year, it's a two hour drive back to sactown so coffee @2am is a must.

Reminds me to look up current concerts coming to town. :emotion-44::emotion-21:

• Like 3

I went nuts this weekend. I got a pair of cane LaScalas. They look very pretty, but will see if they are as nice as the owner claims when I pick them up this weekend. Also got a pair of KLF-30's the owner describes as "excellent condition" for $275. Opus is killing me.

• Like 5

Good Monday Morning gang

Coffee is tasting mighty fine, a little Ebay shipping, maybe mow the half dead lawn.

Tarheel appears to have completed his road to recovery back into mainstream retirement/party lifestyle, well done!

Looks like a few of you are about to get an early taste of winter, a bit of nippy weather east of the Mississippi is coming your way.    

• Like 4

I went nuts this weekend. I got a pair of cane LaScalas. They look very pretty, but will see if they are as nice as the owner claims when I pick them up this weekend. Also got a pair of KLF-30's the owner describes as "excellent condition" for $275. Opus is killing me.

Earl, your doing fine, ill let you know if your dealing(s) become excessive, it took wife and i the better part of the last two years of Cash/Road trips to end up in Audio heaven.

July of this year was our last road trip for speakers, she is happy with her Khorns and i ended up with my "Stacks".

All toll as of now aprox $6K in outlay, Four states, 8K miles in two years, and i still end up with a set of spare La Scallas in the pantry.

End result is as most know, i need to move to the outback (Desert).

• Like 5

Morning guys. Finished yard clean-up on Sunday, then got into some multi-tasking watching the Broncos game and doing a long hickory smoke on some ribs. Someone has to do it.

I bought my wife a vacuum cleaner one year for Christmas 20+ years ago.  I'm STILL hearing about it.

That's what happens when she really wanted a set of non-stick pots and pans from Walmart. We need to be more sensitive to these things!!

• Like 4

Morning guys. Finished yard clean-up on Sunday, then got into some multi-tasking watching the Broncos game and doing a long hickory smoke on some ribs. Someone has to do it.

I bought my wife a vacuum cleaner one year for Christmas 20+ years ago.  I'm STILL hearing about it.

That's what happens when she really wanted a set of non-stick pots and pans from Walmart. We need to be more sensitive to these things!!

I was so naïve back then.  I researched the crap out of that purchase and she really needed a new one.  Imagine my surprise when the adulation I thought I'd get was actually scorn.  I honestly had no idea.

• Like 4

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 10 Nov 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

eth2, on 10 Nov 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

Guess it s different for women. If I received a bench saw, or a hydraulic car jack, I would be thrilled.

EXACTLY!

But it does not work that way, all you can do is try to learn from the mistakes, don't bother to figure it all out it's a waste of time.

• Like 2